• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Changing exp rates in stages would be one of those things. But until very recently changing frags wasn't possible either. So, I have faith. ;)
I'm gonna try codecaving it. Shouldnt be that hard tbh, idk yet.. Gotta make a cave where it returns exp or something. Havent looked into it. Was thinking about getting the player level, check it and return the exp * stage for that level.

Thanks for the help everyone, managed to get the server up and running.
Is there any direction you guys can give to change the exp gain? And skill gain?

Its hosted privately because I don't want to deal with the hassle of other players.

Everyone killing their asses off in editing RealOTS game binary, meanwhile me having the best 1/1 clone made in TFS with no differences from the real thing, smh.
Are you trying to be a ass? You could easily put this as "Everyone killing their asses off in editing RealOTS game binary, while building a clone is much better and its perfect doable to make it behavior like the real thing".

Now answering you post: People are killing their asses off because you have the best/perfect 1/1 clone and they don't. If you had shared it with a community your post would make more sense: "Everyone killing their asses off in editing RealOTS game binary, meanwhile i have shared the best 1/1 clone made in tfs for the community with no differences from the real thing, smh."

Another reason is what people said, they want the real thing with bigger rates just to play it as it was in 2006(because hosting is problematic as everyone knows already).

Btw, age of empires 2 hd edition was made using the old 1997 engine/code. Why? Because using new code to clone the game never reproduces 100% the original behavior. Its why they decided to take the old engine and make it modern.
About oldschool server, people need to be aware of that and be happy with the tradeoff with almost 100% clone with new features vs 100% genuine old outdated and boring engine.

Are you trying to be a ass? You could easily put this as "Everyone killing their asses off in editing RealOTS game binary, while building a clone is much better and its perfect doable to make it behavior like the real thing".

Now answering you post: People are killing their asses off because you have the best/perfect 1/1 clone and they don't. If you had shared it with a community your post would make more sense: "Everyone killing their asses off in editing RealOTS game binary, meanwhile i have shared the best 1/1 clone made in tfs for the community with no differences from the real thing, smh."

Another reason is what people said, they want the real thing with bigger rates just to play it as it was in 2006(because hosting is problematic as everyone knows already).

Btw, age of empires 2 hd edition was made using the old 1997 engine/code. Why? Because using new code to clone the game never reproduces 100% the original behavior. Its why they decided to take the old engine and make it modern.
About oldschool server, people need to be aware of that and be happy with the tradeoff with almost 100% clone with new features vs 100% genuine old outdated and boring engine.

When I get to cool myself off I get to see how bad it actually sounds, I'm sorry, that was indeed what I meant to say, I'm sometimes not the best at expressing myself :confused:.
I said what I said in response to Tony incredible amounts of hate against my persona during my newbie days trying to recreate the RealOTS :mad:, I stated that above concerning that post of mine, I'm sorry that it sound wrong and that it got misinterpreted to be an insult to other people :oops:.

Creating a Tibia server from scratch is not really a hard task, in less than a month someone experienced can do it (I'm trying to make one for educational purposes that will use CipSoft files and I will release that one on Github), but a whole game like AoE is a whole different story, Tibia is a basic game.

Most people that want to put RealOTS up for production do it for the money, nothing else, because there is no other 7.7 good real map out there for them to download and run, so it's better for them to use the real thing since it's already made and with technically no bugs, some want to do it for Nostalgia and to fulfill their joy by running it, but fake Ecstazya tried it (last guy known to run RealOTS as a full RPG game in production), and it last less than 1.5 months, and maximum level was around 112~ because everyone would QQ to include tasks and experience share, and what did fake Ecstazya said about it? He said he was making that possible in the game binary, lying to his player base o_O so people eventually stopped playing because it was mostly a single player game, it's things that are not possible in that engine.

Even Iryont's version of RealOTS died, and what did he say about it? That the server is way too limited for production in modern days, he is a God of RPG, owner of Medivia and even rejected running RealOTS once more (and look that the website he had made for RealOTS is pure GOLD, too bad he hasn't used it again).

Everyone is free in doing whatever they want, but in my lack of humbleness I cannot stop but criticize and tell people to instead do it in an OT, it really isn't that hard to make a basic OT 7.7 better than most that are found online, publicly and privately :confused: (in exception for e.e because he seems to do things better than most - aka; Zanera server) I just can't stop, I don't see good morality in using the real thing to host their own game instead of working on their own and making something from scratch like I have (they can learn, even more than I have learnt thanks to that), that I have not been able to show the potential of a real clone is a different story, but I hope someone understands and starts to do it in an OT, like that guy that's doing one in C#, shoutout for him! :cool:

I'm over the 40s years old, I played and hosted a lot of private servers of games like ultima online, some action like MU online and the earlier text MUDs, and I have to say that OT community is the worst friendly of all communities I know.

Instead of share knowledge, people keep trying to steal other's open source work to make money and trying to close the develope of all they obtained for free.

I think it's time to change that if we want to keep this alive for years to come.

I'm over the 40s years old, I played and hosted a lot of private servers of games like ultima online, some action like MU online and the earlier text MUDs, and I have to say that OT community is the worst friendly of all communities I know.

Instead of share knowledge, people keep trying to steal other's open source work to make money and trying to close the develope of all they obtained for free.

I think it's time to change that if we want to keep this alive for years to come.

I think this will never change, even the RealOTS, took 10 years to came out, because they are pretty useless now.

I think this will never change, even the RealOTS, took 10 years to came out, because they are pretty useless now.

It's all about how you define useless, for example I like to build webpages around the Cip files to get a better understanding of how things worked with managing data back in the day.
Also I like to RE, because i'm quite curious how they coded certain parts and why. You can see this as useless but you can also see it as a learning process.

Kind regards,

tibia is has died we all know it , sad but true
if we want it more friendly i have lots of file to share but i could be banned :/
because everyone here cries saying that im stealer even when i got those file just looking arround forums /: and nto stealing them

A question to gurus.
What do you use to RE cip game engine?

I'm sorry but I do not know where to look, does anyone know if there is a video converter, that converts .rec files from tibicam to AVI?

I'm sorry but I do not know where to look, does anyone know if there is a video converter, that converts .rec files from tibicam to AVI?

No, this is impossible because TibiaCam files are recorded packets not encoded video images

I've been scanning the map files to find anything usefull, but i did not find anything special. except AbsTeleportDestination=-2010517994
seems to be some old teleport method cipsoft used (that is assigned to ghostship tp)

I did also make a txt file that contains all the text from books and signs if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• all text lines Build.txt
    501.6 KB · Views: 112 · VirusTotal
Creatures like warlocks / hunters will always focus 100% on near creatures, right? can someone explain me why in this video the warlock attack and still attacking the longest range player?

Creatures like warlocks / hunters will always focus 100% on near creatures, right? can someone explain me why in this video the warlock attack and still attacking the longest range player?

Nearby all the time warlocks are targeting the nearest player. Keep in mind that it's chance based, each second the warlock (as other ranged monsters) has 50% chance to pick the nearest player as target. If it picks a new target it will be 100% of the time the nearest player, but it won't pick a new target as soon as the players change positions.

hi im pretty new to this all but i stumbled upon this site through extensive searching and it would be very nostalgic for me to see tibia as when i started playing and to actually work it. So my question is how do i get it started i downloaded the so called hacked files and a map editor one of you posted here but when i try to search or open the tibia.dat file in one of the files downloaded it shows only empty files im not sure what to do im using a lenovo tablet.

wow I am disappointed I managed to work it didnt realise how lazy cipsoft was they basically left these teleporters, levers etc to make some bullshit lore instead of making a real rpg setting towards them now im glad i stoped playing this crap

i would really like to believe the guy who posted the archives here deleted anything relevant to these so called quests but of not fuck you cipsoft

I've been running this server for roughly 2 months now.
I must say it's incredibly stable, and as soon as you get the automatic-server restart fixed it's as easy as 1-2-3 to keep it up and running.

The server is running on a headless VPS on a remote location. It's running on Ubuntu 14.04 using 2 cores and 4GB ram. Despite that I get the occasional 100% usage on one CPU core. The game itself hovers between the 15 and 23% of the available RAM.

I do most of my changes over Command Line Interface (henceforth known as CLI), if you run this over remote desktop using xrdp or on a physical computer then continue making changes in the GUI.
In order to make sure reboot works properly;

goto your /bin folder and open up reboot-daily using the following commands. Make sure the base location of your game-folder is in
Code:
home/game/
Edit this reboot-daily file using the following command:
Code:
nano reboot-daily
Code:
If the automatic reboot doesn't work it could be a limited number of things that prevent you from rebooting automatically upon server save.

Open the files using notepad++/Atom/Sublime etc.

Check line 1 in reboot-daily. In my case it said #!/bin/sh which prevented me from rebooting automatically.

Line 1:  #!/bin/bash

Check line 4: BASE="/home/game"
Make sure your path correspondents with the actual location of the game folder. If it's located elsewhere change it to represent the actual location. E.g. BASE="/home/[USERNAME]/game"

Finally lines 55 to 61.
If your game file has been renamed to reflect certain versions, changes etc. (E.g. you've changed the virgin binaries to bonez-libs) make sure you edit the filename in these lines:

# Neues game binary
if test -x bin/game.new ; then
  rm -f bin/game.old
  mv -f bin/game bin/game.old
  mv -f bin/game.new bin/game
  echo -en "Using now a new game binary.\n" >> $MAILBODY
fi

Upon boot it supposedly sends an e-mail to [email protected]. There is no need to change this, if your server hasn't got any e-mail capabilities installed.

If all these changes were successful, but mostly if they were necessary it should work. If it's already correct, don't change it.

Furthermore I've been looking to implement soft boots in my server in order for me to enhance gameplay.
The following lines need to be implemented in order to get it to work after a full reboot/restart, or after automatic server save.

Code:
cd /home/game/dat
nano objects.srv

Change lines: 14893-14897 #originally boots of waterwalking, but as they serve no other purpose then being rare I've used this as 1 of 2 parts the soft boots use.
TypeID      = 3246
Name        = "a pair of soft"
Flags       = {MovementEvent,Take,Clothes,SkillBoost,Expire,ShowDetail}
Attributes  = {Weight=800,BodyPosition=8,SkillNumber=14,SkillModification=1,ExpireTarget=3550,TotalExpireTime=14400}

Change lines: 16434-16437 #original soft boots part 2 of 2.
TypeID      = 3549
Name        = "a pair of soft boots"
Flags       = {MovementEvent,Take,Clothes,ExpireStop,ShowDetail}
Attributes  = {Weight=800,BodyPosition=8}

Change lines: 16439-16442 #old patched boots re purposed to represent worn soft boots (these aren't used in the virgin monster files, however, in Bonez-modded game-file a Hero drops patched boots).
TypeID      = 3550
Name        = "worn soft boots"
Flags       = {Take,Clothes}
Attributes  = {Weight=800,BodyPosition=8}

As a disclaimer, this does not use the exact counters as used in the current version in real Tibia. It's based on the regeneration of the Ring of Healing, but it can be change to a slower variant using these lines instead:

Change lines: 14893-14897 #slower version of healing-capabilities.
TypeID      = 3246
Name        = "a pair of soft"
Flags       = {MovementEvent,Take,Clothes,SkillBoost,Expire,ShowDetail}
Attributes  = {Weight=800,BodyPosition=8,SkillNumber=14,SkillModification=3,ExpireTarget=3550,TotalExpireTime=14400}

It's up to you te decide which kind of healing you'd prefer.

After making these changes, head over to moveuse.dat

it's in the same folder as the objects.srv

Code:
cd /home/game/dat
nano moveuse.dat

Find line 600: BEGIN "Movement"
Implement the following lines and save.

BEGIN "Soft Boots"
Movement, IsType (Obj1,3549), IsDressed (Obj1) -> Change(Obj1,3246,0)
Movement, IsType (Obj1,3246), !IsDressed (Obj1) -> Change(Obj1,3549,0)
END

Line 605 should then start with: BEGIN "Magic Rings"

Main reason I've placed this here is because it relies on a MovementEvent. Which is only used by rings, to both change sprite, but more importantly to change it's status from brand-new to a certain time.

Up next is an NPC which repairs your soft boots. That's where Aldo comes into play.
As he's used in real Tibia, why not implement it in this server as well.

Code:
cd /home/game/npc
nano aldo.npc

Scroll down to the bottom of the file, before the behaviour closing tag:
and add these lines:

"repair"           -> Type=3550, Amount=1, Price=10000,  "You want me to repair your soft boots? I'm not sure if I want to touch this stinking mess. %P gold, deal?", Topic=2

Topic=2,"yes",Count(Type)>=Amount,CountMoney>=Price -> "There you go.", DeleteMoney,Delete(Type), Create(3549)
Topic=2,"yes"                   -> "At last, someone poorer than me."
Topic=2,"no"                    -> "Good decision!"

What this does is delete the old "patched boots"/worn soft boots, deletes 10.000 gp and creates a brand new pair of soft boots.
After exactly four hours this changes to pair of worn soft boots and can be refilled for 10.000 gp @ Aldo in Venore.

Hope this helps anybody.
If you have any questions, drop me a PM.

Yours,

Kjeld

Back