• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

(7.72) OTHire - Based on OTServ Trunk (Latest)

Ezzz

Developer of Nostalrius and The Violet Project
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey folks, recently downgraded latest OTServ Trunk to work with 7.72 clients, I've tested it and works so far, might just need very few details that I have missed.

The OTServ Trunk is currently for Tibia 8.61, so really didn't had much to do, like with my TFS 1.0 version.

If you would like to contribute here's the GitHub with all the information needed.

https://github.com/TwistedScorpio/OTHire

I have been working on this all day long so those folks that are still using Avesta might want to take a look at this for a newer server!

Edit:

To run maps check the wiki, to compile under Windows, check the wiki.

Last edited:
Difference between this and avesta? (besides a few features) O_O

A few features? Avesta is like from 2009 maybe older (the one that's public, there was a newer one but with bugs).

This one is from 2013, many new features, better optimizations, more lua functions, pretty much no incomplete code, it's a lot better. I will be working on the bugs left today though :p

Edit:

There's DB lua functions, there's exp sharing in party (still need implementation in a talkaction)

Last edited:
A few features? Avesta is like from 2009 maybe older (the one that's public, there was a newer one but with bugs).

This one is from 2013, many new features, better optimizations, more lua functions, pretty much no incomplete code, it's a lot better. I will be working on the bugs left today though :p

Edit:

There's DB lua functions, there's exp sharing in party (still need implementation in a talkaction)
Can I use an avesta datapack with this?

Can I use an avesta datapack with this?

You should be able to, code and stability from OTServ is pretty much still the same from Avesta, though, newer, and stable.
The data pack in this distribution contains spells from Avesta, monsters from Avesta.

You should be able to, code and stability from OTServ is pretty much still the same from Avesta, though, newer, and stable.
The data pack in this distribution contains spells from Avesta, monsters from Avesta.

Looks like I will have minimal problems then, I was using Avesta but I cant even compile that things for Debian without getting a million warnings and errors.

Should I compile this the same way Avesta is compiled?

I doubt it compiles the same way for Avesta in Debian.

It compiles just fine following Avesta compiling guide under Windows, I'm not using Linux at the moment. What errors do you get?

I'm sure that guide should work for OTServ trunk, doubt it's for the dropped otrevsys.

and it feels like an oldschool server? a common problem with downgraded TFS versions is they don't feel oldschool, they feel like 8.xx+ (loot delays, sidestepping, little things really)

and it feels like an oldschool server? a common problem with downgraded TFS versions is they don't feel oldschool, they feel like 8.xx+ (loot delays, sidestepping, little things really)

There's always stuff that can be worked on, I'm fast working in C++ code.
I don't understand what is this "loot delay", "side stepping" things you're talking about, as a developer never heard of it.

You can always say things that don't work accurately for me to work in it.

Last edited:
There's always stuff that can be worked on, I'm fast working in C++ code.
I don't understand what is this "loot delay", "side stepping" things you're talking about, as a developer never heard of it.

You can always say things that don't work accurately for me to work in it.
really nice job, although while looking in actions it seems it doesn't have destroy objects w. weapons, unless that's somewhere else in this pack

also, does gm invis work good here? common problem with Avesta is debugging while invis

readme says you will need your own items.xml, but there's already an items.xml. this one working?

Last edited:
really nice job, although while looking in actions it seems it doesn't have destroy objects w. weapons, unless that's somewhere else in this pack

also, does gm invis work good here? common problem with Avesta is debugging while invis

readme says you will need your own items.xml, but there's already an items.xml. this one working?

Yes, there's GM invisible working, items.xml in this pack is from 7.4, if you have a 7.6 items.xml, you should copy the distribution fluids into yours for compatibility with this server.
Commands are actual talkactions.
Everything is made in LUA.

few debugs, sometimes monster will randomly go invis (even rats, causes deubgs), completely unable to move any items, whether on the floor or eq (using standard 7.6 avesta items)
5qXApQu.png

also uncertain how to fix this error, don't know what you mean by copying distro's fluids into mine
dnDqnid.png

also got a few errors with schema included, on first part
Code:
CREATE TABLE `accounts` (
    `id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    `password` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL/* VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL COMMENT 'MD5'*//* VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL COMMENT 'SHA1'*/,
    `email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    `premend` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
    `blocked` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT FALSE,
    `warnings` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,

PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
    UNIQUE (`name`)
) ENGINE = InnoDB;
INSERT INTO `accounts` VALUES (1, 'tibia', 'tibia', '', 0, 0, 0);
had to delete
Code:
UNIQUE (`name`)
as it gave me errors on importing and i'm not sure why it's there.

aaalso i cannot login from my IP, only localhost. localhost doesn't even work with my actual ip set here, only when localhost is set:
Code:
-- server ip (the ip that server listens on)
ip = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
website will load from my ip but cannot log into serv

Yc3pRHg.png

when logging into account on website (no guilds created, fresh db)

can you not use nicaw?

Last edited:
ACC problems: Problems with AAC aren't tolerated. (Yet)

Monsters Invis: Monsters do not randomly go invis, it only happens to you, I've been running a war server for quite some hours on a local cyber.

Unable to move items: Default schema group flags are wrong, you have to make your own.

Fluid Console errors: Fluid types console errors are fixable by adding the fluidClient attribute to the corresponding fluids in items.xml, use fluids from the given items.xml

Schema bugs: Schema account name error will be fixed, it was a collaborator commit problem.

IP Address: Are you binding global IP address in config.lua?

- I doubt this server works with any Avesta AAC, it comes with a newer Guild System, you must compile with the OLD GUILD SYSTEM definition.

Commited a working schema.sql with a default account and characters, better group flags.
Commited a Tibia 8.60 downgraded items.xml :)

You're advised to pull these changes, tell me if everything's working now.

Commited a working schema.sql with a default account and characters, better group flags.
Commited a Tibia 8.60 downgraded items.xml :)

You're advised to pull these changes, tell me if everything's working now.
sweet, what do you mean 'binding global ip address'?

Back