• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.60] Lastera - Real Map - [Discussion] - [Test Server] - [OTS Development]

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
I would like to invite everyone to my test server.

I have started by downgrading a 12.40 real map server, testing scripts out/in game and fixing every bug I could find. I have strived much to make this server base as full as possible up to 8.60 client by following Tibiawiki, YouTube videos and many other server bases. Finally, I think I am 90% done, though there are still some things unfinished to do, but once I achieve what I want with my base, I will start adding my custom changes and innovations, as I believe an exact copy of CipSoft wouldn't be enough.
So I decided to put this test server here for others. The test server is free to play and you'll find a Test-server assistant NPC in Thais temple where you can get some items, money, experience, magic level and skills to get started. You'll be able to buy premium by just using !buypremium command (for now) and for spells you'll have to buy them through the NPC as in original Tibia (might activate all spells if requested for test to be easier).
I haven't done anything with vocations/PVP balancing yet as I was mostly focusing on map, quests, monsters, spells, tasks, achievements and quest-logs.

Just keep in mind that although it might seem this is a finished server, it's still a test server, so it might not provide a very balanced game-play, but I hope it's convenient enough as a testing environment.
I will be using main CipSoft's 8.60 client for now, but this will be changed upon the final release.

The test server will last as long as @Don Daniello continues helping/providing me with VPS.
I don't have any date set for the final launch of Lastera server, so have fun in the meantime and I hope everyone tries to help me as much as possible.

Please don't mind the look of the website, as it's just a download and run one. It will be totally changed upon the final release.

The game has already been thoroughly tested by me, but since I never had any active testers to help me, I am sure I have missed a few issues.

Long story short, what I expect from testers is:

• Feedback on server mechanics, missions, quests and map.
  • Suggestions to make the server better
  • Constructive criticism
  • Bug reports just here on a reply to this thread or via Discord/PM

What I expect from this thread is to get some ideas about what people want to see in a 8.60 real map server different from many of the online real maps out there and I will try to do what I can and what fits the server.
I am not trying to open a random real map with main 10 quests and VIP city, Gengia, Pyre or whatever (would have done this long time ago), I hope to create something different with this base.

P.S. I haven't added a war system, cast system or any different TFS optimizations, as I am not planning to use this one. I will be waiting for the 1.4 release, which I hope it's coming soon.
Note: quests/achievements/quest-logs are full up to 8.60 according to Tibiawiki, but I have removed a few boring missions, long pre-quests and some access quests, but they are all saved on a back-up, so feel free to tell me if some of them were bad decisions and I will gladly add them back to the game.

Thank you for reading and I really appreciate if anyone will log in to the game and give it a try. Also feel free to ask me about anything.

I will be dropping some GIFs that I made lately here.

Quests.gif
Achievements.gif
Missions and questlogs.gif

Areas.gif
Keys.gif

Discord Server: Join the ⭐MoustafaOTS Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/AqRbsAx)
joindiscord.png
I won't be active on The Discord server until the final release but everyone is welcome to join there.

Last edited:
Since I can't say much about it thus far I will leave my opinion on two things that actually does not really affect the server itself.

1) The teaser images are different in quality and are not well edited. It literally distracts me instead of presenting nice content.
2) I personally recommend you to change the page layout because this might cause some issues in future. It should not be in the design of Cipsoft even though it's only for testing purposes.

I actually do not have a clue about RL tibia and its gameplay so I can't give you any feedback on this.
Keep it up though and good luck!

The teaser images are different in quality and are not well edited. It literally distracts me.
I tried to do better edits with the images but I am so bad when it comes to photo editing, I always wanted to re-edit them back with better borders&frames&lights but I didn't know what would fit better, I will try to create better ones tomorrow.
I personally recommend you to change the page layout because this might cause some issues in future. It should not be in the design of Cipsoft even though it's only for testing purposes.
I just downloaded myaac and ran it for testing purpose but yeah I will change the layout and website totally when it comes to final release, I think this one should be fine for now.
Thank you for your feedback.

Looks like some of y'all not reading the whole thread. 😂
Good luck on your project tho! Seems amazing.

Using a custom client? Or will it be an elfbot server
I have plans to run 2 different worlds, 1 with low-EXP, custom anti-bot client and strict rules for botters where I will instant delete any botter if he managed to go through the anti-bot client somehow then I will re-edit, update the client to be more protected and harder to break.
and 2nd one will be mid-EXP where it will be allowed to use both clients, the anti-bot one with a lot of benefits such as exp/loot and main CipSoft client without any benefits.
My main purpose is to open something different from the available 8.60 real maps out there as I have played all of them and mostly they are all similar to each other, I know it will be hard at first to change 8.60 community minds but I will work for it.

I have plans to run 2 worlds, 1 with low-EXP, custom anti-bot client and strict rules for botters where I will instant delete any botter if he managed to go through the anti-bot client somehow then I will re-edit update the client to be more protected and harder to break.
and 2nd one will be mid-EXP where it will be allowed to use both clients, the anti-bot one with a lot of benefits such as exp/loot and main CipSoft client without any benefits.
My main purpose is to open something different from the available 8.60 real maps out there as I have played all of them and mostly they are all similar, I know it will be hard at first to change 8.60 community minds but I will work for it.
Sounds very nice, good luck!

Sounds very nice, good luck!
Thanks feel free to login and test anything comes in your mind, I will really appreciate any ideas or tests.

Not that I will play; buut
how about custom item effects

DSM gives you 5% protection from fire
Knight Armor gives you +1 skill defense
Knight Legs gives you +2 skill defense

and so on, they are very easy to make; I as dnd player like those extra % :) even tho they are little no actual use.

Disable aol, and in stead make chance to drop stuff much lower. Give some nicer effects maybe without charges to certain amulets, and make useless amulets useful.

Some custom items would be nice too, if you turn to use otclient or something in the end.
Like dragon lord scale mail (dsm but red) etc some extra loot on bosses like that with low chance of drop.

1603233643422.png

Last edited:
Not that I will play; buut
how about custom item effects

DSM gives you 5% protection from fire
Knight Armor gives you +1 skill defense
Knight Legs gives you +2 skill defense

and so on, they are very easy to make; I as dnd player like those extra % :) even tho they are little no actual use.

Disable aol, and in stead make chance to drop stuff much lower. Give some nicer effects maybe without charges to certain amulets, and make useless amulets useful.
That will totally change the real map concept and it will look like an evolution or custom server, So I won't really do them.
Although I have played a lot of 8.6 real maps with more than what you listed above where they doesn't feel like a real map anymore and they got big player base but this isn't what I am trying to achieve here.
Thanks for your ideas tho, Feel free to post any other ones and I can choose what fits with my real map.

You could also remove level requirements from all items; or even vocation requirements from rods/wands. Interesting concept *I think.

Add monster levels.

For grass tiles, you can add expiry on them, so grass changes over x time (make a loop by grass id) - or if you want to handle it without pushing load on server you can do so on client file; by making grass or other tiles animation rather than being static. (Some cool looking effects can be achieved by tilting tiles/trees etc - they will slightly move - for most it looks nice.)

Not sure how but i'm sure you can also use reshade and cast "shadows" globally by drawn up images -- making it look like cloud shadows are moving over your game world ~ prob a better way to do it since it will also do that underground etc.

Make world light (day/night) have colors.
Atm at base i think its just white to black light. You should change it to White going to Yellow -> Orange -> Reddish -> Dark Blue, Bluish -> morning and white. (once you have code please share :DD )

Last edited:
You could also remove level requirements from all items; or even vocation requirements from rods/wands. Interesting concept *I think.

Add monster levels.
I remember melee weapons used to work without any level requirement on old clients not sure if sure how it will fit with the mage wands but still those can really fit a custom server.
Monster levels I have seen it on 2 online/available real maps mid-EXP so I might consider adding this on my mid-EXP world although that feels like an EVO system.
Thanks, I will mostly start working with adding custom respawns and expanding few of the already existing ones as my first step of the to do list but I really appreciate every idea posted here no matter if it fits or not atleast its an attempt to help.
For every real map player, Please point me to areas where you think I should add custom respawns and it will fit there and areas where you think I should expand the respawn as its too small and unused.

I should expand the respawn as its too small and unused.

Tiq Hydras
Veno D-Lair - as versions go up, less and less used, but its nice place.
Necros - darashia
Demon Hell prob too small (demons)
Hero's - maybe too few
Black Knights - too few?
Elf Fort - Unused mostly
Orc Fort - Quickly forgotten
Edron Dragons - too few

few i remember being too small in past.

fit with the mage wands
knights or rp's likely won't use them anyway too much mana intake; and too little damage; but for ms/ed it opens up ability to hunt mobs they would normally not hunt based on their final rods etc.

Tiq Hydras
Veno D-Lair - as versions go up, less and less used, but its nice place.
Necros - darashia
Demon Hell prob too small (demons)
Hero's - maybe too few
Black Knights - too few?
Elf Fort - Unused mostly
Orc Fort - Quickly forgotten
Edron Dragons - too few

few i remember being too small in past.

knights or rp's likely won't use them anyway too much mana intake; and too little damage; but for ms/ed it opens up ability to hunt mobs they would normally not hunt based on their final rods etc.
I am taking a look at the respawns now, Thank you for the pointing me to where I should start.
Post more at anytime if you remembered other ones, I will take a look at all.
Hero's - maybe too few
Black Knights - too few?
Which Heros and Black knights you meant here? Or you meant the already existing respawns overall are few so I should I add more somewhere else? @Lyky

Last edited:
meant the existing ones. ~ bk and heros could be expanded.
Would be nicer if you go downstairs in bk to find more heros, and bks in same style.

Ive played a while, is looking good. Things I could recommend, do not make the players need to learn spells, also, I cannot dress backpacks or driller of fates in the arrow slot (don't really know if that, has to be like that, or if is wrong). Some talkactions such as !aol, or !bless could be very helpfull take it into consideration.

Thoose details of maxium training hits, and stamina regeneration on protection zones are cool, great work by adding thoose features! About the lag, I feel a little but i'm not complaint about it, and i'm connecting from Chile. I'll be testing more if I found time on the week, to check what feedback I can give, but is looking real good, nice work 🤗

Last edited:
I cannot dress backpacks or driller of fates in the arrow slot
I just wanted it to be classic slots for items/weapons/ammos/light sources etc.. but this can be edited easily if it's annoying to players.
Some talkactions such as !aol, or !bless could be very helpfull take it into consideration.
I will add those talkactions to the mid-rate one but on the low-rate one I will keep it like original Tibia where you have to go around the world and purchase it through specific NPC.
Thoose details of maxium training hits, and stamina regeneration on protection zones are cool
Thanks those are the only custom modifications I added till now but I am going to add more, I am just trying to finish with the map expanding/new respawns as first step.
About the lag
It is only test-hosting provided by Don's hosting service but when it comes to real hosting I will OFC have a better VPS, So I hope this one is convenient enough for testing.
do not make the players need to learn spells
I might remove it as it will really make things hard for players but I am keeping it for the test (only first 3 days to get sure no issues) because I might use the system itself later for something else.
Thank you, Feel free to write any idea here and any position/area for new respawns or existing respawns to expand and I will take a look at it.

Last edited:
What exp rate/stages will be on the test server?

What exp rate/stages will be on the test server?
  • EXP-rate: 15
  • Skill-rate: 10
  • Loot-rate: 2
  • Magic-rate: 4

This is only for the test server also there's NPC in temple which will help you getting up to level 200, I don't want players to waste much time on level during test-server, I want them to start by testing in-game quests/monsters/spells etc.. and reply with their own point of view and ideas.

Good luck :)
I will visit it when i have time to test a bit.
But i can see people giving good tips.

Back