• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.60] Lastera - Real Map - [Discussion] - [Test Server] - [OTS Development]

Sorry for the mention @Blackstone , What you think about those ones? That's the maximum quality I could get of 8.60 client, I think so.
Will this quality be good for my next gifs/screenshots? I think the gif itself lowers the quality a little bit.
I am also trying to take them as fast as possible with this Windows Snipping tool because otherwise the quest-log message will be gone, Feel free to advise me to use different software or whatever.
Testgif.gif
Tried to add different photos which aren't included in the main post so it counts as content showing too.

Edit: I got a better software so I believe my next screenshots will be on a better quality/same size exactly no need for the rush.

Last edited:
Sorry for the mention @Blackstone , What you think about those ones? That's the maximum quality I could get of 8.60 client, I think so.
Will this quality be good for my next gifs/screenshots? I think the gif itself lowers the quality a little bit.
I am also trying to take them as fast as possible with this Windows Snipping tool because otherwise the quest-log message will be gone, Feel free to advise me to use different software or whatever.
View attachment 50919
Tried to add different photos which aren't included in the main post so it counts as content showing too.

Note: About the other ideas and replies, I have been working on few of them and I will post my new edits every Friday of the week so this thread doesn't seem as a spam one and also to give chance to everyone's thread to show up, So feel free to give me more ideas/suggestions during the week days and I will be doing what I can till every Friday.

Edit: I got a better software so I believe my next screenshots will be on a better quality/same size exactly no need for the rush.
Way better! I tend to include 3-4px of the frame also but it should be consistent on every side so it doesn't mess up like here.
Good to see you figured it out! Quality is already fine now.

Good luck with your project - too bad in my opinion people are not interested in such 8.6 anymore, had a try with Eloth 8.6 that also had everything up to that version including quests, questlogs, achievements and so on.

Good luck with your project - too bad in my opinion people are not interested in such 8.6 anymore, had a try with Eloth 8.6 that also had everything up to that version including quests, questlogs, achievements and so on.
Thank you, Yeah sadly 8.6 community are used to real maps where you get 200 quick and then start wars as soon as possible, I was following your 8.6 thread and saw how players just wanted it to be as easy as possible, That's why I am going to run 2 different worlds and see how both will work.

people tend to ask for easy otservers, because they want to go right away to the wars, but that always kills the servers in fact

Haven't read all the comments yet but just wanted to let you know, please don't add custom spawns if you want it to be seen as a real map, the moment i recognise an ot for being custom rl map i do ctrl + q, but good luck! maybe add custom on mid exp and do original on low exp

Haven't read all the comments yet but just wanted to let you know, please don't add custom spawns if you want it to be seen as a real map, the moment i recognise an ot for being custom rl map i do ctrl + q, but good luck! maybe add custom on mid exp and do original on low exp
Thank you, but I have to choose between adding custom towns or new hunting areas that's what I meant by custom spawns sorry if I wasn't clear enough, such as a new hydra spawn in port hope or bog raiders somewhere in Venore etc. Otherwise it will be only 8.6 real map with its main quests/cities/hunts which is the base I already have and working perfect.
I am also trying to avoid adding new towns to the server at any point as I am aware that original Tibia map is already too big so to fulfil the lack of new towns I have to expand existing hunting areas and add few new ones.

Last edited:
A patch has been uploaded and applied to the test server, You can find a list of changes below.

#Patch notes [October 30, 2020]:

• Added spells list to Gundralph NPC
  • Disabled the spells teaching system for testing purpose
  • Added Massacre boss raid to The Pits of Inferno Quest according to Tibiawiki
  • Added old Wound Cleansing spell aka (Exana Mort) instead of the newer one
  • Minor map changes, and some bugs in the map were fixed
  • Quickly reviewed all houses once more, and fixed all house beds
  • Fixed monster raid Halloween Hare executing daily instead of yearly
  • Many item changes and reviewed otb according to the latest Forgottenserver
  • Fixed deeper floors of Asura Palace
  • Removed all empty spawns, and wrong located monsters
  • Fixed loot channel, no loot messages will be displayed in the Server Log Channel anymore
  • Added Deaths channel, and deaths broadcast system
  • Fixed the pillar of Nomads Land Quest, not teleporting in a correct position
  • Fixed Rookgaard's sewer's lever as it caused stack bug
  • Fixed Help Channel mute, was not working as it should
  • Fixed The Hidden City of Beregar Quest's Pythius the Rotten's mission
  • Removed Stampors from Grizzly Adams tasks list
  • Added the missing Spider Egg to Against the Spider Cult Quest
  • Fixed The Pits of Inferno Quest lever's shortcut doors/way
  • Added over 15 new hunting grounds around the world, and expanded 3 of the existing ones

I will not post any of the newly added/edited hunting grounds locations, as I want players to explore the new areas by themselves in the official release. I will add many new hunting grounds during the next few weeks, so do not expect much changes/additions than hunts.
I know that I might not need these many new hunting grounds at the beginning of the official release, but I am only adding/finishing it to be ready in case needed.

Note: Needless to say that nothing is final until the official release, I'm always open to constructive suggestions and feedback in order to make the game environment as good as possible.

I will be dropping some screenshots of the new hunting grounds I added lately.
HuntingG1.png

HuntingG2.png
HuntingG3.png
HuntingG4.png
HuntingG5.png
HuntingG6.png
HuntingG7.png
HuntingG8.png
HuntingG9.png

Last edited:
This remember my old project, still have the files.
Wish you best of luck ;)

by following Tibiawiki, YouTube videos and many other server bases
the map is Alkiruis-OT Server ;)
As my quotation says, I have followed many of the free released server's bases and copied/checked what was working fine of them.
Your server was one of the servers I followed, I will list credits/copyrights to all the ones I used here.
Thunderion 8.60, Alkurius 12.x, ORTS 10.77 and OTServBR 12.x
The server's map can't be yours 100% (Maybe some of the areas are, Thank you) I can't remember which exactly belongs to you and which belongs to others.
Thanks for joining the test-server, Next time take a longer check specially around quests and you'll notice huge differences.

Last edited:
how come a downgrade of v12 instead of using and 8.60 engine ?
Thank you, I meant the map are mostly taken from 12.x servers, by collecting and editing pieces but scripts are same (only tested/fixed) as 12.x works with TFS 1.3 and I am using Nekiro's 1.3 downgrade.
And I am still taking parts from 12.x real maps which I think they could fit with 8.6

Ah I see. Cool.

I've done some retrograde downgrading to 7.x as well. Not familiar with working on Tibia 11/12

I've also stopped working on my project as well.
Real maps are really hard to finish, And time consuming, Specially if you're trying to compete with the great online real maps which are being developed for years and mostly teams are developing it (not just one person) and also active players who are reporting bugs regularly and giving ideas to improve the server.
So I would just advise you to save your latest work until you find someone to help you or have the motivation to continue it solo.

Real maps are really hard to finish, And time consuming, Specially if you're trying to compete with the great online real maps which are being developed for years and mostly teams are developing it (not just one person) and also active players who are reporting bugs regularly and giving ideas to improve the server.
So I would just advise you to save your latest work until you find someone to help you or have the motivation to continue it solo.
At least you understand my workload on Ascarus now, people rarely have an idea of how much actually goes into development until they've done it themselves. It really does add up if you're alone - Datapack, Engine, Website, Map Editor, Client, System Administration, other random stuff that comes up and so on

At least you understand my workload on Ascarus now, people rarely have an idea of how much actually goes into development until they've done it themselves. It really does add up if you're alone - Datapack, Engine, Website, Map Editor, Client, System Administration, other random stuff that comes up and so on
Not gonna lie, At first I thought you're being lazier every season but after trying to do the stuff myself, Now I can imagine the great effort and time you're putting on Ascarus, Also yours looks way harder with the old TFS you had to optimize yourself.

Back