• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.3.6 (Crying Damson) V8

Thanks a bunch... slowly getting there :D
I've managed to loggin on the server now... but it says the temple location is wrong, so I need to change that somehow... I think it's this part I need to edit, but what would good values be?

-- The Forgotten Server Config
-- Account manager
accountManager = true
namelockManager = true
newPlayerChooseVoc = true
newPlayerSpawnPosX = 1000
newPlayerSpawnPosY = 1000

newPlayerSpawnPosZ = 7
newPlayerTownId = 1
newPlayerLevel = 8
newPlayerMagicLevel = 0
generateAccountNumber = false

Sorry if I'm being a bother...

I managed to do it!
I went to the admin page (the online page where I uploaded the SQL file and went to players and changed the position of it to 1000, 1000, 7.
The defaults are 50, 50, 7. (Hope this helps anyone struggling with this)

Okay, I've managed to create a character, given it a name and a vocation now.
I thought the characters would spawn in a different temple than the "account manager" but it seems like their default spawning position is at (1000, 1000, 1) and I get the same error as before. (Temple position is wrong)
Is there a way to find the position of the various temples on the map? (I'm really struggling with this)

After reading through the first 37 pages of the thread, I noticed that the actual map is just the island where the account manager spawns at position 1000, 1000, 7.
I have no clue how to find and insert a "real" map to actually play at, could anyone possibly help me with that?
If possible, I'd like to try to replicate the original game...
(I'm almost there!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a bunch... slowly getting there :D
I've managed to loggin on the server now... but it says the temple location is wrong, so I need to change that somehow... I think it's this part I need to edit, but what would good values be?

-- The Forgotten Server Config
-- Account manager
accountManager = true
namelockManager = true
newPlayerChooseVoc = true
newPlayerSpawnPosX = 1000
newPlayerSpawnPosY = 1000

newPlayerSpawnPosZ = 7
newPlayerTownId = 1
newPlayerLevel = 8
newPlayerMagicLevel = 0
generateAccountNumber = false

Sorry if I'm being a bother...

I managed to do it!
I went to the admin page (the online page where I uploaded the SQL file and went to players and changed the position of it to 1000, 1000, 7.
The defaults are 50, 50, 7. (Hope this helps anyone struggling with this)

Okay, I've managed to create a character, given it a name and a vocation now.
I thought the characters would spawn in a different temple than the "account manager" but it seems like their default spawning position is at (1000, 1000, 1) and I get the same error as before. (Temple position is wrong)
Is there a way to find the position of the various temples on the map? (I'm really struggling with this)

After reading through the first 37 pages of the thread, I noticed that the actual map is just the island where the account manager spawns at position 1000, 1000, 7.
I have no clue how to find and insert a "real" map to actually play at, could anyone possibly help me with that?
If possible, I'd like to try to replicate the original game...
(I'm almost there!)
im doing the same as you and i failed to get a good map working on that version , may w help each other ?

in mysql.sql (the one u imported) the pos of acc manager is 50 50 7, you need to manually change it from database to 1000 1000 7 (in this case, if you download a map you need to change it to w/e the positions are for that map...)

Thanks a lot for the replies, people!
So, if I decide to upload another SQL file on my phpMyAdmin, is that all which is nescessary in order to change the actual map you play on?
If so, does anyone know where a replica of the original tibia 8.6 could be found? (is that possible?)
@Yusuf El-Shora sure, what problems have you run in to? I've tried to be clear about how I solved the issues I ran into above but ask away!

Thanks a lot for the replies, people!
So, if I decide to upload another SQL file on my phpMyAdmin, is that all which is nescessary in order to change the actual map you play on?
If so, does anyone know where a replica of the original tibia 8.6 could be found? (is that possible?)
@Yusuf El-Shora sure, what problems have you run in to? I've tried to be clear about how I solved the issues I ran into above but ask away!
i got some loading items and events errors ,, i just wanna to know can they be fixed ?

Question: "Can they be fixed."
Answer: "Anything can be fixed."
Question: "Can someone help me fix."
Answer: "Add me on skype, Ill see what I can do. Send me a PM."

I really need help with approriate character and NPC packs for tibia version 8.6... I'm trying to make as much of a replica of the original game as I can but got a ton of errors with my current packs... spells, NPC's and creatures were all malfunctioning to some extent. (also got weird objects blocking all depot boxes in both carlin and the trading points rook)
I've been exploring rookgaard and I've seen some tooltip errors, where dead mobs look like weird chests. Quest chests are not lootable and not too many mobs spawn (can be because we're just 2 ppl testing atm though)
But yeah... if someone could help out with this, we'd be very very grateful!

Running the [8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.3.6 (Crying Damson) V8 and honestly, I've tried so many different monster packs that I don't even know which ones I've got atm... also using
[8.60] Tracked Tibia Map (RME 2.1), which has been made by @J.Dre

I configured my server by following this guide, which was made by @Znote

What I'd like to do:
-Get working NPC's (the most important thing!)
-Get the lootable chests and quests working (if possible)
-Configure so dead players spawn in their "home town / temple" because once u die, I have to manually move ur character to a temple right now, using the phpMyAdmin page.
-Least important would be getting to know how to regulate the mana regeneration as well as experience gain.

I'd be eternally grateful and happy if I could at least cross out the first two of those!
You could add me on Skype if you want as well... my Skype nick is Randow6

Also, please move this to an approriate area if you think this is the wrong one and if that's the case, I'm really sorry!
I've spent the last two whole days trying to set this up...

Update: A really kind and friendly member added me on Skype and hashelped me out a ton! He/She's fixed the spells for me and pretty much halved the amount of errors I had. However, we haven't been able to fix the NPC's. I was told that they should work in theory but that they aren't. As for the monsters which aren't working, I was told to manually remove the monsters and spawn locations from the map in RME and then replacing them in order to fix those. (the numbers of these exceed several thousands I think)

I also have strange obstacles blocking my DP's and trading points on rook. They look like this:
sNmrQtJ.png

I believe that these are the most important error messages...
[23/07/2015 15:12:42] [Spawn::addMonster] Cannot find "Draken Warmaster"
[23/07/2015 15:12:42] [Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] cannot open data/npc/lib/npc.lua: No such file or directory
[23/07/2015 15:12:42] Warning: [NpcScriptInterface::loadNpcLib] Cannot load data/npc/lib/npc.lua
[23/07/2015 15:12:42] [Warning - Npc::loadFromXml] Cannot load npc file (data/npc/Chief Grarkharok.xml).
[23/07/2015 15:12:42] Info: failed to load external entity "data/npc/Chief Grarkharok.xml"
The helper has tampered a lot with my monster's, NPC's and creaturescripts folders and really fixed lots of issues.

Current status:
-Get working NPC's (the most important thing!) - [Is supposed to work according to the person who's been helping me but doesn't. Getting error messages, where the xml files for the NPC's aren't loading properly. They are visible on the map in RME but once in the game, they're not there.]
I'm getting errors like these for the NPC's and creatures
2h7WGCL.png

-Get the lootable chests and quests working (if possible) - [Haven't tried to fix yet]
-Configure so dead players spawn in their "home town / temple" because once u die, I have to manually move ur character to a temple right now, using the phpMyAdmin page. - [Done and is functioning properly]
-Least important would be getting to know how to regulate the mana regeneration as well as experience gain. - [Hasn't been looked into yet]

You could add me on Skype if you want as well... my Skype nick is Randow6

Also, please move this to an approriate area if you think this is the wrong one and if that's the case, I'm really sorry!
I've spent the last two whole days trying to set this up...

Well if you ask me you're trying to run the marathon before running a kilometer!!
The monster problems.. Have you checked if those monsters are in your data/monsters/.. directory?
The npc problems are most likely due to not having the data/npc/lib/npc.lua no such file or directory!
Here, create a new file npc.lua with this in it (of course in data/npc/lib/)
Code:
-- Include the Advanced NPC System
dofile(getDataDir() .. 'npc/lib/npcsystem/npcsystem.lua')

function selfIdle()
   following = false
   attacking = false

selfAttackCreature(0)
   target = 0
end

function selfSayChannel(cid, message)
   return selfSay(message, cid, false)
end

function selfMoveToCreature(id)
   if(not id or id == 0) then
     return
   end

local t = getCreaturePosition(id)
   if(not t.x or t.x == nil) then
     return
   end

selfMoveTo(t.x, t.y, t.z)
   return
end

function getNpcDistanceToCreature(id)
   if(not id or id == 0) then
     selfIdle()
     return nil
   end

local c = getCreaturePosition(id)
   if(not c.x or c.x == 0) then
     return nil
   end

local s = getCreaturePosition(getNpcId())
   if(not s.x or s.x == 0 or s.z ~= c.z) then
     return nil
   end

return math.max(math.abs(s.x - c.x), math.abs(s.y - c.y))
end

function doMessageCheck(message, keyword)
   if(type(keyword) == "table") then
     return table.isStrIn(keyword, message)
   end

local a, b = message:lower():find(keyword:lower())
   if(a ~= nil and b ~= nil) then
     return true
   end

return false
end

function doNpcSellItem(cid, itemid, amount, subType, ignoreCap, inBackpacks, backpack)
   local amount = amount or 1
   local subType = subType or 1
   local ignoreCap = ignoreCap and true or false

local item = 0
   if(isItemStackable(itemid)) then
     item = doCreateItemEx(itemid, amount)
     if(doPlayerAddItemEx(cid, item, ignoreCap) ~= RETURNVALUE_NOERROR) then
       return 0, 0
     end

return amount, 0
   end

local a = 0
   if(inBackpacks) then
     local container = doCreateItemEx(backpack, 1)
     local b = 1
     for i = 1, amount do
       item = doAddContainerItem(container, itemid, subType)
       if(itemid == ITEM_PARCEL) then
         doAddContainerItem(item, ITEM_LABEL)
       end

if(isInArray({(getContainerCapById(backpack) * b), amount}, i)) then
         if(doPlayerAddItemEx(cid, container, ignoreCap) ~= RETURNVALUE_NOERROR) then
           b = b - 1
           break
         end

a = i
         if(amount > i) then
           container = doCreateItemEx(backpack, 1)
           b = b + 1
         end
       end
     end

return a, b
   end

for i = 1, amount do
     item = doCreateItemEx(itemid, subType)
     if(itemid == ITEM_PARCEL) then
       doAddContainerItem(item, ITEM_LABEL)
     end

if(doPlayerAddItemEx(cid, item, ignoreCap) ~= RETURNVALUE_NOERROR) then
       break
     end

a = i
   end

return a, 0
end

function doRemoveItemIdFromPos (id, n, position)
   local thing = getThingFromPos({x = position.x, y = position.y, z = position.z, stackpos = 1})
   if(thing.itemid == id) then
     doRemoveItem(thing.uid, n)
     return true
   end

return false
end

function getNpcName()
   return getCreatureName(getNpcId())
end

function getNpcPos()
   return getCreaturePosition(getNpcId())
end

function selfGetPosition()
   local t = getNpcPos()
   return t.x, t.y, t.z
end

msgcontains = doMessageCheck
moveToPosition = selfMoveTo
moveToCreature = selfMoveToCreature
selfMoveToPosition = selfMoveTo
selfGotoIdle = selfIdle
isPlayerPremiumCallback = isPremium
doPosRemoveItem = doRemoveItemIdFromPos
doNpcBuyItem = doPlayerRemoveItem
doNpcSetCreatureFocus = selfFocus
getNpcCid = getNpcId
getDistanceTo = getNpcDistanceTo
getDistanceToCreature = getNpcDistanceToCreature

Good luck!

Can you rename people? (Yea I know it's possible but how do you do it?)
How can you give yourself GOD? (I saw pass: god god thing)

Can you rename people? (Yea I know it's possible but how do you do it?)
How can you give yourself GOD? (I saw pass: god god thing)
Do you mean in the database or that people can change their name ingame?
If you mean in the database, if you use SQLite, you can download SQLite Manager (Firefox add-ons) and edit the characters in the table players.
For MySQL basicly the same thing but then in phpmyadmin.
To make your character a god change the group_id of your character to 6 in the table players.

@Wuthow
Don't know if you still have any of those problems, but the items problem can be fixed by using the same items.otb in Remere as in your server.
About the dead players spawn position, make sure the townid is correct (config.lua for account manager, config.php for website) and the temple position of that town in Remere.
Mana regeneration is in data/XML/vocations.xml and exp gain in config.lua and data/XML/stags.xml.
For more problems you can also create a thread in Support.

Does any one know why the forgotten server stops working when i try to turn it on? When it loads the mods etc it gets to the 'loading items' and turns it self off or says 'The forgotten server stops working" Why?

Back