• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.x] Tibia World RPG is coming back - What Cipsoft should do

A "big" twitch.tv streamer named bubbagame watched this thread and considered it interesting, even though the fact that he's quite anti to OT-servers in general. He after that posted the link to this thread to over 900 live people in the chat. Once it releases, it'll beat any other OT-server with it's unique option to either go all-in on the RPG-playstyle, or mix it together with war. Tibia World RPG project, an unique Old School OT-server including the parts CipSoft succeeded with.

Great work, But not a fan of the blend, Its basically 10.8 mixed with 7.6... Even the maps, Hope it has custom ones and didn't just entirely copy tibia like last time...

Wont play simply because of the spells, If I wanted to play a server like that I would just play a full working RL map so I could have mounts as well, This servers just a 10.8 server without mounts and just all outfits from 7.6 to 10.8

The first post isn't really up to date with everything. You need to read through every page to get an understanding of recent changes and such. There are no longer any new spells in this server (exevo mas san, etc removed) to strengthen the old school part in this OT. Nottinghster's goal with this OT is to do what CipSoft didn't do, and combine the good parts CipSoft actually made. A lot of ideas haven't been shared in this thread yet, but I can tell you there are a lot. People have changed their minds over time as some found it to be just like you said "This servers just a 10.8 server without mounts and just all outfits from 7.6 to 10.8", but meanwhile testers found the opposite. The oldschool part with this server takes over completely and the difference is that there's just more things to do. A lot of custom content will be added over time, but to start off with, mainly the real map will be released with some quests modified to be more rewarding etc.. Okke has made very good looking sprites for new items, such as armors, weapons, bows, etc that might get implemented over time on the server.

Before you say anything, please try out the test server that will be coming up soon and then post your final thoughts about, at least what I think will be a blooming server that can be compared to the player count just like ShadowCores once had.

Best regards,

tokenzz

Last edited:
@tokenzz

First of all, thank you for your feedback, I really like it ;)

I know I have to keep my thread updated, but as I said before in my other posts, I'm kind busy these days, my daughter need some special attention and I spend alot of money with her ...

In my free time, I'm still working on this server (and working alot), for now, I've done all houses, fixed some "bugs" in engine to make it better and alot of other things.

I'll try to make the first post updated !!!

So do we have any date of the first public test?

We're working on that at the moment.

Most of the "essential" stuff to play the server as it should be played is already finished, we are testing the vocations shortly to have a ressonance about what should be changed / modified.

Keep tuned in for more info, days fly by and soon you'll be able to join us.

Peace, Okke ;)

@Nottinghster, I have got some questions about this server.. Seems really interesting.
1. PACC;how will this work? (Real Tibia-like. I do prefer this system since i don't mind paying for a good work of yours)
2. Have u scheduled the start(test or whatever)? If no, how much time will it take(this year/next year)?
3. Client.. this is quite important question to me since it will decide if i am going to play on this server or not.. What client will it be? Standard Tibia Client/This Freaking Weird New Made By I Don't Know Who Tibia Client (medivia.org-like) <I do prefer Standard Tibia Client.. i just got used to it.>
4. Is this version which u already have at the moment is playable. If yes, Did u think stopping addin new things and start to fixing up + make it Online and adding a new content in a meantime?

Wish you best.

@Nottinghster, I have got some questions about this server.. Seems really interesting.
1. PACC;how will this work? (Real Tibia-like. I do prefer this system since i don't mind paying for a good work of yours)
2. Have u scheduled the start(test or whatever)? If no, how much time will it take(this year/next year)?
3. Client.. this is quite important question to me since it will decide if i am going to play on this server or not.. What client will it be? Standard Tibia Client/This Freaking Weird New Made By I Don't Know Who Tibia Client (medivia.org-like) <I do prefer Standard Tibia Client.. i just got used to it.>
4. Is this version which u already have at the moment is playable. If yes, Did u think stopping addin new things and start to fixing up + make it Online and adding a new content in a meantime?

Wish you best.

Wish you best.

Hello netbart,

Nottinghster might be too busy at the moment, but I could answer all of your questions.

1. PACC will be free by now, the goal isn't getting money from people, but to bring the good old Tibia with newer features. (This will be discussed after we test the server for balancing and economy).

2. There is no scheduled test, although we're already discussing pretty often about one -> Don't worry, you'll be warned when we decide to take that step.

3. The client is going to be the Cipsoft client, but I'm working on an OTClient for the future, it's not decided wether we're going to use it or not, but it might change, by now it's going to be the Cipsoft one.

4. The game is playable, everything is working, even the smallest details. We're not adding custom areas to hunt or something like that, we just revived the "RPG" of the game implementing quests which were myths in real tibia and made them actually possible to complete (or not). So we've got non-spoiled quests for people to work on, if they wish to have rares. :)

New content is going to be release according to polls, which we're going to make after a time.

I hope this answered everything, if you need to know something else just go for it!

Okke.

Wish you best.

Hello mate, first of all, thanks for your feedback ;)

1 - About Premium Account, when you log-in for the first time, you'll receive 3 (or 7 days) of premium account, but that's something that me and my team need to think, because I'm creating a project not for the money, but for passion

2 - Not yet, as I said in one my posts here, I'm finishing some stuffs and then, I'll open a Public Test Server, for the moment, I'm working hard on houses, adding one by one, with their real names and prices. But I'm thinking to open a official server in January, 2016

3 - As my friend @Okke said above, for now, we are using the official Tibia Client, but he's working on a great version of OTClient, maybe, in future, we gonna use it !

4 - Okke already answered for me, perfect answer, thanks mate !!!

No, Setzer Gambler is brazilian too, and he lives next to me hehe

hahaha when i played back in the days (7.4?) setzer gambler got hacked and went around shooting HMM's on all low lvls (including me).

I always nicked Setzer Gambler on OT's when i was younger hahaha

@Nottinghster. "But I'm thinking to open a official server in January, 2016" - THAT WOULD BE COOL.
Btw. about passion.. It's really great that you are doing it for passion, however there is always an option to get some money if the server will become really good. Somehow u have to pay for the server, don't u? And in my opinion the best way to do it is by selling PACC (maybe i could be wrong since I just have no idea what u will bring to your Item Shop *[most of the servers have some over powered items in there. That's a reason why I have so much hatred for free premium] nor is it even gonna exist)..

Anyway I just got hyped even more:D

The last thing that needs to be added is a speed/lvl cap.
Since a lot of the features are for really high level players, the amount of speed would breake the old school aspects, into a AoE hotkey spells.
IMHO 91 should be the last lvl that you gain speed besides spells or items.
I already gave you the code, and it also open room to items like Winged Helmet as epic quest that give some speed.

Anyway, I emplement this feature, even hidden, in every high rate server I do. This is the real balance that tibia should've made!

The last thing that needs to be added is a speed/lvl cap.
Since a lot of the features are for really high level players, the amount of speed would breake the old school aspects, into a AoE hotkey spells.
IMHO 91 should be the last lvl that you gain speed besides spells or items.
I already gave you the code, and it also open room to items like Winged Helmet as epic quest that give some speed.

Anyway, I emplement this feature, even hidden, in every high rate server I do. This is the real balance that tibia should've made!

Speed is going to be capped at a certain level [I included this to our discussion list]. It's definitely not going to be at level 91, since we've got "Newer" Tibia quests which are huge in a slight comparation with older quests.

We're not adding +speed items at the moment, so don't worry about that :)

Keep in mind that this is not going to be an easy server.

Back