• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A new era of 7.4

Viktor

Reaction score
Hello mates!

I've been here lurkin around since 08', been playin the Mighty servers of our savior and hero @Toor and his co-pilot @Iryont, and I've Always come to question, what did they do to become this successfull with their servers, I mean RealOTS runnin from 07-12 and Medivia still runnin from what? 2010? With complete success even if they had to change Everything because of copyright of Durin.

So, my question to all you open-tibia lovers, if I were to open a 7.4, what would you like it to have and not to have?
Highrate? Lowrate? Midrate? new custom spawns, or just boost the current ones?

Add new isles or make use of for example Folda and all those small minor maps that dont really have so much use anymore when people know the game of Tibia very well?

So what could your conclusions and support contribute to me?
Well, post a message here and lets get into some heaty discussions to then foremost get our the server we'd all like to sit and relax&enjoy!

Viktor

I saw 2 topics in the last 4 pages on discussion page exp with the title asking the same question as yours:

I'm sure there are more of them.

I saw 2 topics in the last 4 pages on discussion page exp with the title asking the same question as yours:

I'm sure there are more of them.
Okay but that does not apply on what I wrote, I want pure comments, nothing to be regarded to something else. I live in the now not in the past.
Post automatically merged:

Also we do not always need to read the repetive comments from the same users who have been in this community for a long time - A player that likes the new clients way more then someone who likes the oldskool way of playing tibia (The way I would prefer over any) could give a greater idea which would also give an result of making the game more enjoyable, dont you think?

they always did their own thing and didn't give a **** about what ppl wanted
Actually not true, only by the last year of RealOTS, CM Godly, CM Penn and Dennis made what they wanted, else the server was serious, asked people what they wanted, see if they could add it(remember back then, nobody knew so much about realots files) and Konrad had to take matter in his own hands since else he'd be sue'd if I recon correctly, sorry if I am mistaken,
You can do what you think is right, but I think you'll get the same answers as any other topic with the same questions as yours. Nvm, back to work 🙃
Yes ofcourse, but its always nice to hear alot of different opinions cause that could mean maybe a merge of two ideas.

So, my question to all you open-tibia lovers, if I were to open a 7.4, what would you like it to have and not to have?
Recently a lot of them been popping (7.4); and all died within 2-3 weeks. (or are currently dying)

1) My question in lieu of helping you, what can you do that will keep at least 20-40 people playing your OT beyond a month time?
(keep in mind that for real tibia map thats not enough players, unless its between friends)

I doubt people like being jerked around, investing their time (and sometimes money) to play popular 7.4 OTS, while after couple of weeks, the server is dead with 2-5 people online.

2) Many OTS suffer from bad curve of experience gain ability, and player comm/organization || Wealth generation, and economics || and lastly PvP.

Exp Gain & Comm/Organization:

In short while low in rate certain players can quickly get much higher levels creating too big of a distance between other players; This discourages most of new players; they look at high-score board and see 100+ levels after few days - that does not make sense.
Maybe there should be level limits per week/month.
ex.
First week limit levels to 30 max
2nd week limit levels to 55 max
3rd week limit levels to 75 max
4th week limit levels to 100 max
5th week limit levels to infinite
and so on, this ensures that people feel have equal chances to catch up. (The rates multiplier should be optimized to week or so)
This also helps and ensures people can organize in groups, find groups, talk to each other. Last OT servers failed at that terribly.
Maybe you should ensure 2-4 friends, each lead their own guilds and invite players to them, organize quest runs early on.
Keeping things civil, between groups but also triggering/organizing occasional wars.
Thus keeping rules of engagement - so that people don't rage quit since they died.

Wealth Gain & Economy:
Understanding how economy works in real life is a key here...
We can compare 2 similar ot servers Imperianic and Valoria.

Both OT servers failed here. We can state that Imperianic had much better loot rate, and easier wealth gain but it was easier to make 2-4 rune makers afk economy failed. In both cases bad things is that players do not pick up gold etc. In short its tiring...

Because players are not wealthy enough, they do not have enough gold to buy runes. They will create 2nd-3rd character to make the runes for themselves only. Players trying to make a buck by selling their runes will not get good price, or won't be able to sell them at all.

A server should have auto-loot gold, or implement system for auto-loot overall (where in client the player can select what will be auto-looted.
Valoria gold collection... players would not pick up gold at all or if they do, only as much his cap allows it. Coin change action script should be implemented to help with wealth gain.

Too much wealth is also a problem. A balance must be struck.
Players should not be considering selling stuff to npc's right away or buying runes from shop.
Allow players to buy from shop, but make runes that are made 2x the original count.

PVP
How to protect players from excessive killing, but also allow players to kill other players.
  • The latest death page is bad. PK's are found quickly, and killed. The page is nice, and should be only updated once an hour or so.
  • Exp/Skill Loss should likely be lesser if player is killed by another player. (If players have enough wealth they shouldn't mind loosing eq/backpacks etc). Maybe with all blesses should be the default loss rate (and then blesses on top of that).
  • AOLs players not wearing anything else... In most cases players do not wear any other amulets except AOL's. AOL should not exist or only be available through some long ass taking quest. Would need to give advantage / effects to amulets to make sense players wanting them.

3) Vocations, advantages, and mana/hp regen.
in 7.4 most players play paladins. Why? The damage, and survivability. Do not decrease it but make it worth to play other classes too.

Why should player want other magical vocations? Because team needs healing, support, damage etc. and runes.
But they also need to have quality of life, mana regen should be enough for player to keep using exori vis during exp or use 7.6 wands/rods so that they can have some certain sustained damage dealing. Make it so its pleasurable to play.

Why should player want to play as a knight? Make sure their defense ratings up; maybe even twice. Making it the classic tank. Make it so its pleasurable to play.

4) Map size, and content outside of 7.4 (8+ content)
The tibia real map is large, for players to enjoy it there needs to be 200-400 active players
(it works with less as long a small group of friends plays together with each other for no other purpose)

It feels very disingenuous having content from 8+ in 7.4; it breaks the game. As its easy to get decent melee, rewards from arena quests etc.
If you think you won't get 150+ players after a month why should you have real tibia map?

well thats all i can think off.

Recently a lot of them been popping (7.4); and all died within 2-3 weeks. (or are currently dying)

1) My question in lieu of helping you, what can you do that will keep at least 20-40 people playing your OT beyond a month time?
(keep in mind that for real tibia map thats not enough players, unless its between friends)

I doubt people like being jerked around, investing their time (and sometimes money) to play popular 7.4 OTS, while after couple of weeks, the server is dead with 2-5 people online.

2) Many OTS suffer from bad curve of experience gain ability, and player comm/organization || Wealth generation, and economics || and lastly PvP.

In short while low in rate certain players can quickly get much higher levels creating too big of a distance between other players; This discourages most of new players; they look at high-score board and see 100+ levels after few days - that does not make sense.
ex.
and so on, this ensures that people feel have equal chances to catch up. (The rates multiplier should be optimized to week or so)
This also helps and ensures people can organize in groups, find groups, talk to each other. Last OT servers failed at that terribly.
Maybe you should ensure 2-4 friends, each lead their own guilds and invite players to them, organize quest runs early on.
Keeping things civil, between groups but also triggering/organizing occasional wars.
Thus keeping rules of engagement - so that people don't rage quit since they died.

Wealth Gain & Economy:

Both OT servers failed here. We can state that Imperianic had much better loot rate, and easier wealth gain but it was easier to make 2-4 rune makers afk economy failed. In both cases bad things is that players do not pick up gold etc. In short its tiring...

Because players are not wealthy enough, they do not have enough gold to buy runes. They will create 2nd-3rd character to make the runes for themselves only. Players trying to make a buck by selling their runes will not get good price, or won't be able to sell them at all.

A server should have auto-loot gold, or implement system for auto-loot overall (where in client the player can select what will be auto-looted.
Valoria gold collection... players would not pick up gold at all or if they do, only as much his cap allows it. Coin change action script should be implemented to help with wealth gain.

Players should not be considering selling stuff to npc's right away or buying runes from shop.
Allow players to buy from shop, but make runes that are made 2x the original count.

PVP
How to protect players from excessive killing, but also allow players to kill other players.
  • The latest death page is bad. PK's are found quickly, and killed. The page is nice, and should be only updated once an hour or so.
  • Exp/Skill Loss should likely be lesser if player is killed by another player. (If players have enough wealth they shouldn't mind loosing eq/backpacks etc). Maybe with all blesses should be the default loss rate (and then blesses on top of that).
  • AOLs players not wearing anything else... In most cases players do not wear any other amulets except AOL's. AOL should not exist or only be available through some long ass taking quest. Would need to give advantage / effects to amulets to make sense players wanting them.

in 7.4 most players play paladins. Why? The damage, and survivability. Do not decrease it but make it worth to play other classes too.

Why should player want other magical vocations? Because team needs healing, support, damage etc. and runes.
But they also need to have quality of life, mana regen should be enough for player to keep using exori vis during exp or use 7.6 wands/rods so that they can have some certain sustained damage dealing. Make it so its pleasurable to play.

Why should player want to play as a knight? Make sure their defense ratings up; maybe even twice. Making it the classic tank. Make it so its pleasurable to play.

The tibia real map is large, for players to enjoy it there needs to be 200-400 active players
(it works with less as long a small group of friends plays together with each other for no other purpose)

It feels very disingenuous having content from 8+ in 7.4; it breaks the game. As its easy to get decent melee, rewards from arena quests etc.
If you think you won't get 150+ players after a month why should you have real tibia map?

You clearly lack experience as a player and knowledge about 7.4 tibia it is amusing

Indeed theres a lot of servers starting in last months and dying within week or two after their start and theres two reasons
1. terrible balance cause owners using free datapacks mostly bugged (rp too high dmg/hit chance is just example)
2. allowing multiple mcs/bots which boost online a lot early stage server but then online count drop heavily once ppl got enough supplies and lvl to fight so theres no point to use mc anymore = online drop from 1k to 300 GG dedots effect on trade spamm sell 100lvl char for kebab xD
3. after tibiantis success some hosters trying to make 1x long term server but they got no idea how much time they need and eventually knowledge about this game to make atleast playable server and ofc these servers die within few days

ex.

Wealth Gain & Economy:

PVP

Thank you for your reply alot of smart things said.
Tho I have to quote you on a few, about the gold rate, in my case if I would make a lowrate server, the gold drop would be 2x normal but maybe lets say a 1.5x loot rate which would by then, make people pick up gold if they suddenly loot 30-90 gp per rot? Just an example.

The experience stage which is low on other servers but you see people getting level 100 after 2-3 days is because of all the new content theyve added and the servers has been on before so obviously there are people who can gain peak exp/h, since they know how to exp on this particulair server. Which in my defense I would say that for the first two or three weeks there would be no map update, maybe a few small ones, 500 players see better then 10? (Incase there are some bugs Ive not noticed.) And that would result that they are limited to what spawns they can exp and also share exp which gives +100% exp on 7.4 is not good imo, I'd rather put an 15% extra if u have all vocs and maybe 8% if only three?

For the vocations I have my mentors to go from on that aspect, I've seen good server developers counter this valacing pretty wellwith a few and small additions.

Also keep the replys coming I want ideas and arguments from everyone, I listen to you all.

Viktor

You clearly lack experience as a player and knowledge about 7.4 tibia it is amusing

Indeed theres a lot of servers starting in last months and dying within week or two after their start and theres two reasons
1. terrible balance cause owners using free datapacks mostly bugged (rp too high dmg/hit chance is just example)
2. allowing multiple mcs/bots which boost online a lot early stage server but then online count drop heavily once ppl got enough supplies and lvl to fight so theres no point to use mc anymore = online drop from 1k to 300 GG dedots effect on trade spamm sell 100lvl char for kebab xD
3. after tibiantis success some hosters trying to make 1x long term server but they got no idea how much time they need and eventually knowledge about this game to make atleast playable server and ofc these servers die within few days
To answer on all your points - I don't think all owners were terrible, this community has become very poisonous - they only go after whos meta and whos not. If a famous streamer players 999x they'll rather go there and enjoy for a day and then spam ded ots if the streamer died or just dont play the server anymore, secondly obviously there are people who do not know what they are doing and are just trying to moneygrabb which is well seen through in this community since we've experienced it all here, haha :D .
Allowing someone to use bot in any kind whatsoever in my eyes deserves a deletion, I don't like third party software usage on a game you say your craving but to then cheat to get any advantages on anyone (PVP view or economy solution) is just you being a very small person rather then actually show up as you are and train yourself to greatness. Talent is alot but mind is greater.

a 1.5x loot rate which would by then, make people pick up gold if they suddenly loot 30-90 gp per rot? Just an example.
Yeah definitely that shouldn't happen in some cases - and there's no problem of dropping small amounts of gold. A balance needs to be found.
Auto-Loot on gold could solve the issue as mentioned.

who can gain peak exp/h, since they know how to exp on this particulair server
Either way whatever it is, it shouldn't be made possible for players to PG that much, players should rely on other players more. This exposes solo gaming, and thats not what tibia was.

Anything specific that you don't like? I do lack knowladge of 7.4 ots servers.
Do note that i do not bind myself by cipsoft-tibia 7.4 rules;
(If you want that u can just do 1x rate server with original client, and original not changed map from that time. Enjoy that.)

Most people keep forgetting and get bound in cipsoft. You don't need to follow - you can also lead. You can change the game is it makes it better for player entertainment.

Last edited:
To answer you Mr Lyky,
I do not think limiting what level players can achieve within a week would be anything popular - I would not even like it myself. If one player has 24 hours to spend more then someone else on a 2x and he is lvl 43 by the time the other is lvl 14, the player who is lvl 14 can understand that this other guy really is giving what it takes to get this since he know himself it took him time to even achieve lvl 14.

Also on this client playing solo is very viable from my own experience, imo ppl should be able to play solo since on this client skill is what matter not quantity of players in a pvp view of aspect which is by far the most fun in this client. RPG players will there always be on a popular lowrate server for example.

Most people keep forgetting and get bound in cipsoft. You don't need to follow - you can also lead. You can change the game is it makes it better for player entertainment.

Thats what im talking about u got no experience about 7.4 servers but u talk about em and give advices lmao yes ofc u dont have to follow cipsoft thats why iryont making his own "game" and lost half of his player base forcing him to allow one mc

The reality is, we all search that feeling of when we played CipSofts game in a very young age which makes it very hard not to get bound to that menatility, but I agree with you, ofcourse you can come up with ideas which would make the game even more enjoyable, but I rather stick to Tibia being Tibia with a few new features and additions then to make the server look like a pixel pokemon game :p

I do not think limiting what level players can achieve within a week would be anything popular
My main objective with that is to allow players to become more social, and group themselves. In short you will likely see a group of noob levels 20s trying to hunt dragons which is something you won't see normally; but its great feeling for players in that group - It connects players.
(In typical ot experiance you will never get that - and that existed in 7.4 real tibia.)

I know its not popular from perspective of a player where he's being limited/capped in a knee.
(tho the cap in the knee is artificial only, as grinders will have more gold accumulated will be able to progress faster regardless on next tier when cap is expanded.)

Thats what im talking about u got no experience about 7.4 servers but u talk about em and give advices lmao yes ofc u dont have to follow cipsoft thats why iryont making his own "game" and lost half of his player base forcing him to allow one mc
Some rules are good, some are not. Some changes are good, some are not. You have to ask yourself what made Tibia a good game, and what hasn't. Why it worked in past, and why it doesn't work today.
Player mentality changed, people are lazy today, people are not social today as they were in past. So how can you accomplish the goal today of what made tibia a great mmo in past.

I agree with you there Lyky.

Would it not be cool for example to make explicit dungeons with lores where you would gain an achivement and when you reach a certain number of certified achivements you can go into "boss" dungeon were there could be cool rewards.

Last edited:
Would it not be cool for example to make explicit dungeons with lores where you would gain an achivement and when you reach a certain number of certified achivements you can go into "boss" dungeon were there could be cool rewards.

Not sure about that; i personally don't see it. But I would say, first get something up and define your criteria; then you can try event or week with this see if players like it or not.

Uhm, the problem with 7.4 servers is kinda complex - there's just a few things that need to be highlighted.

Not a single one of them will ever be stable just because of the amount of available servers to play popping one after another - you failed on one and gave up - no worries, there's another one starting in a week so people will hop on that one!

Besides, there's two 7.4 servers that stood the test of time and can be called stable - Tibiantis and Medivia. There's no point in making lowrate "long term" "serious" servers anymore because nobody will want to play them, considering that both of the servers i mentioned before have established a community that will keep playing due to stability and good decisions of hosters (although medivia royally fucked up with their "mainland rework" and "sprite rework", however it's still very enjoyable to play there, and Tibiantis is literally a 7.4 replica with undiscovered custom stuff and new content coming) Making another lowrate won't make people leave their respective OT's because of sunken cost fallacy, even if you manage to make it just as good or even better than the original (although that by itself is very difficult and close to impossible for 99% of hosters), also the fact that they both satisfy the needs of players that are willing to play long term: you want nostalgia feeling as if you're 10-12 years old again? - you go and play Tibiantis. you want something fresh with nice sprites and a lot of exp spots available with a lot of content to fill your time playing? theres Medivia.

Another point, the "dedot mentality". A lot of hosters in past years are to blame for that. They all allowed to use MC's, causing the online count to be insane in numbers - 900-1000 players being the average, while the actual humans playing on the server was close to 200-250. Vanilla Tbia 7.4 map can barely hold more than 200 ACTUAL HUMANS. When the online count showed "1000 players" (due to MC's) and in reality there was 200-250 humans playing, it caused the "dedot mentality" - now you see 300 players online and you think the server is dead because theres probably maybe 40-50 humans playing at best. That's why Tibiantis is often called a "dedot", because it has 160 online at peak, but due to ruthless MC policy and frequent bans for botters/rulebreakers, 160 online means that almost every spawn in the game is taken.

Honestly, the longevity of servers problem could be easily solved if MC's and botters were banned on every server as ruthlessly as they are on Tibiantis. That'd make even midrate servers way more difficult to play, thus allowing them to be active for longer .

Another problem is that most of the owners are very unoriginal and cannot create captivating custom content that would allow you to spend countless hours playing on the server to keep progressing into doing something. I believe Medivia's faction system is a fantastic example, even though it sometimes can be cancer - it is supposed to be cancer for a reason, it wants you to spent time on playing the game doing other things than just flat out running in circles and shooting gfbs/sds on target. Other servers just try to copy 8.x content and add it into 7.4 but it backfires horribly - those monsters/exp spots are not balanced on 7.4, thus it ruins the economy and allows players to skip tedious parts of levelling rather quickly.

Invalid melee/dist damage formulas, invalid shielding/armor formulas, invalid paralyze formulas, invalid healing/spell damage formulas/invalid loot percentages all cause the same thing - inherent imbalance. This problem is very persistent as @Adposatnr said and it is very frequently ommited and neglected, however I don't know the reason why that is. Most of the servers released now are made from OTLand available datapacks - while those datapacks are not at fault by themselves, because the people who release them often say that they're bug-ridden and formulas are invalid, owners just dont care at all to have accurate formulas. This causes creation of retarded myths like "paladin minimum damage" and "knights need a melee boost" that owners blindly agree to and make paladins/knights overpowered for example by allowing every bolt to hit and deal damage, making shielding/armor useless so that wearing equipment and upgrading it feels pointless (when it fact upgrading equipment should feel impactful because every 1 point of armor should mitigate 1 point of physical damage incoming regardless of the source), invalid shielding formulas cause 2h weapons usage to be negligible, invalid paralyze formula makes druids useless because original 7.4 druid paralyze was so strong it could literally kill someone if you had a team behind you, like on the gyazo here:

Gyazo (https://gyazo.com/396ebf5624f9b0a6234ed0f063062ba9)

Invalid loot percentages causes monsters that should be profitable to be worse than monsters that shouldn't be with the correct loot formulas. Because of that, gfbing tombs at level 30 seems to be a good idea because v shield and boh from necromancer drop insanely often on those plug-n-play servers, while camping BK or going through the trouble of making lootbags from halberds or plate armors generally seems like a retarded idea, while it should be the opposite. It makes the gameplay faster for no reason, because tombs are just too good on those servers and theres no incentive to do anything else other than GFBing tombs to death.

Another point i wanted to bring up - owners are usually very lax when it comes to banning botters. Botters roam around free because no one keeps an eye on them, characters that are runemakers get banned while the main char does not etc. - it's causing more and more people to be more acceptant of botting, even if it's only runemakers because "everyone does it".

Yet another point I recalled from my memory - servers generally have trash lore, meaning that they don't have any. On Medivia/Tibiantis there's a background to what's happening on the server, why it's happening and what should be done - most of boss monsters on Medivia have their names derived from Tibian history or NPC's lore, quests have their background, there's books on those quests etc, gracefully adding more RPG taste for the server. Can't speak for Tibiantis because none of the presented lore has been proven useful to solving certain parts of the custom quests, although it has been stated that the lore is closely tied with the general game world. Most of the owners ignore the lore and add spawns/quests that have literally no coverage in the existing books/npcs in the game, thus making it feel out of place and people are unable to immerse themselves in the RPG content provided, sadly.

All the problems on 7.4 servers generally tend to stem from owner's lack of will to improve and pure laziness and greed, however players are to blame as well for supporting and nurturing these kinds of behaviours from owners.

Last edited:
invalid shielding/armor formulas
1 point of armor mitigate 1 point of physical damage?

1601500220662.png1601500084685.png
Tho to be honest typically preferred on my ot projects of past to make def stance far more effective than vanilla; while def was typically at 1.5x and armor around 1.5x as well; so player could feel the change after switching from plate armor to a k-arm or something.

I think biggest flaw in most common engines were lack of armor/shield effect on distance damage. (main point of problem was how mobs were dealing damage, and their scaling of dmg and their armor/s; , once i switched to attack types with use of skill and attack points instead min-max damage problem seemed solved)

Last edited:
1 point of armor mitigate 1 point of physical damage?

View attachment 50230View attachment 50229
Tho to be honest typically preferred on my ot projects of past to make def stance far more effective than vanilla; while def was typically at 1.5x and armor around 1.5x as well; so player could feel the change after switching from plate armor to a k-arm or something.

Stances are other thing, I have no idea how do they work exactly, but yes, 1 point of armor mitigates 1 physical damage incoming from any source, that much is confirmed. And 7.4 formulas are different than those used now.

Last edited:
Ahh the formulae dilemma again... it's a problem because people are so jealous to contribute what the real formulae are, and/or open their approximations to discussion.
The thing with it is the "Oh, this was so hard to figure out, I won't freaking share it because why? It's all my hard work!" mentality.

At least for for 7.7 (and 7.4 I would argue are pretty similar or better approximated to what most have now), most understand they can go decompile the leaked binaries and/or perform linear regression analysis on an instance of the actual leaked game to figure out each formula and, while I don't think many currently have the niche knowledge it takes to go decompile the binaries and chase the decompiled code to go figure them out, I know collectively we would eventually succeed, if fact some people already did this and decided not to share them.

In short, we can't expect this community to thrive without contributing to it, be that contribution in whatever sub-field it is, including this information.

There are few people nowadays who unselfishly contribute to the community and others who just are looking to make some kind of quick profit. There's people that have good intentions to learn but are quickly overwhelmed by the learning curve and tech debt that we've created over the years in this project, and the super staleness of code found all around.

I bet my sweet toots pretty much no-one has started from scratch: there's things you've built up on. Some simple examples include TFS, or maybe an older distribution. All the tools like map/item/object editors, and scripts. Or maybe you did your own distribution from almost zero like I'm doing, but I bet you didn't go an figure out the protocol by setting up the leaked game server and sniffing the packet structures- the order of the bytes being sent and received and when. I bet you didn't go on and did crypto-analysis to figure out what the RSA algorithm in use was, or the key the original client used, and where to replace it. I bet you didn't go an build a client from complete scratch. I bet no-one has ever done ALL of these things/components on their own, ever. I know because I didn't- I had to start from somewhere.

Imagine if you'd have to go on and implement every.single.one of these things because the very first group of developers that created OpenTibia were under that "Oh, this was so hard to figure out, I won't share it because all my hard work" mentality.

Back