• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A summary? from the past five years?

Xapuur

Reaction score
Hello again ! It has been a long time since I don't play tibia, OTServers, and hosting OTServers. Almost five years since then. Today, I want to do an OTServer. I know how to do it, my doubt is just.. can you summarize me the past 5 years in just a few lines ? Or maybe give me a link to see the changes in the past versions (I have already used the search tool, but I didn't find anything).

I'm going to download TFS 1.1 (10.77). Any advices to starting an OT today ? (remember, the last OT I hosted was like five years ago hehe)

Thank you in advance !

Last edited:
Not much has changed...However, the script system is a bit different. Also, you MUST have a website now. There is no account manager.

Example of new script system:

old
Code:
function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)
 if getPlayerLevel(cid) == 10 then
return true
end
end

New
Code:
function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition)
if player:getLevel() == 10 then
return true
end
end

There is no account manager ?. Do you know why ? :/ . I found that it was very useful for the players (less effort to do an account..).

There is no account manager ?. Do you know why ? :/ . I found that it was very useful for the players (less effort to do an account..).
I'd say most players are used to creating accounts via website at this point, as it's become exceedingly rare to find account managers at all.

I'm not entirely sure why the website became mandatory.
It might not even be mandatory.
I know my config still has account manager in it, but it's disabled.
Maybe there is a way to re-implement it back into the server instead of using the website.

I haven't set-up a server is over 7 years though. I'm not really much help. :p

I have recently played a decent amount of server that still use account manager, but it seems that creating accounts via websites is more common now.
Personally I enjoy servers that have a website because it's easier and allows you to make accounts/characters even if the server hasn't launched. Plus servers without websites

P.S
One thing I hated about account managers was that if you typed quickly you would get muted. I was so used to how account managers worked that I would respond so quick and mute myself result in me having to restart...

Back