• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Adding a new item.

ilpoonu

Reaction score
To add a new item, do I need to add a new item id into the tibia client?

I want to create custom items which are based on existing items.
I want to have magma boots, but I also want to make an upgraded version of them with the same look, but different properties.
My question is whether I have to add an unique id into the tibia client or is there a simpler way to do it?

If I do have to add a new id then how do I get RME to open the map? It wants the 8.62 version of tibia, but the edited .dat will not work.

Basically the question is... how to add custom items which are based off of existing items and how to make rme map editor recognize the new items?

1. You are adding new item to Tibia.dat, for my purposes the best tool is NoxItems. Just look how other items are made. From what I'm reading from your post, I think that you want to make a new item with the same Tibia sprite.
2. Now you have to download OTItemEditor. You have to place new Tibia.dat in the same directory with OTIE.
3. Now items.xml - you have to add new item with proper id.
If you want to see that item in RME you have to copy items.otb and items.xml to 862 directory. If your new .dat doesn't work, then you have to uncheck the "Check file signature" option in RME.

My best
Sebastian

Back