• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Affix System & Item Randomization, Armor/Shield/Hit Formulas

A Dirty Rag

Reaction score
I want to say that upon launch of the server you'll receive 10% of the revenue generated permanently if you wan't to stay on the project as a dev, or 10% of the first months revenue if you only want to do this as 'contractor work' if the server flops % of the servers revenue until you receive $100 usd. I want to have a beta in August and launch in October. I'm unemployed right now and doing this as a full time job.

I will provide all formulas, I just need you to do implementation. I will have everything written out extremely detailed and I do know some programming so communication between us should be pretty fluid.
What needs to be done?
Item System
  • Functions to modify equipment and apply affixes like (+10% physical damage, 10% chance on hit to cast a spell, etc) There's 48 affixes right now and that number may slightly go up.
  • Anything necessary to allow items be generated & modified with random stats & affixes.
Combat Formula/Interaction Changes
  • There's attributes such as "one-handed" that need to modify combat damages, for example when you hit something I need to calculate the "one-handed" attribute into the damage. I don't believe the attributes need to be hardcoded into the server as I can just add them to the player database and query them but if this will cause lag I'll need them in the source.
  • All current skills (sword, axe, shield, ml, etc) need to be removed from all formulas and disabled from leveling up in game.
  • How armor and shielding reduce damage/block needs to be changed.

tfs 1.0

I want to say that upon launch of the server you'll receive 10% of the revenue generated permanently if you wan't to stay on the project as a dev, or 10% of the first months revenue if you only want to do this as 'contractor work' if the server flops % of the servers revenue until you receive $100 usd. I want to have a beta in August and launch in October. I'm unemployed right now and doing this as a full time job.

I will provide all formulas, I just need you to do implementation. I will have everything written out extremely detailed and I do know some programming so communication between us should be pretty fluid.
What needs to be done?
Item System
  • Functions to modify equipment and apply affixes like (+10% physical damage, 10% chance on hit to cast a spell, etc) There's 48 affixes right now and that number may slightly go up.
  • Anything necessary to allow items be generated & modified with random stats & affixes.
Combat Formula/Interaction Changes
  • There's attributes such as "one-handed" that need to modify combat damages, for example when you hit something I need to calculate the "one-handed" attribute into the damage. I don't believe the attributes need to be hardcoded into the server as I can just add them to the player database and query them but if this will cause lag I'll need them in the source.
  • All current skills (sword, axe, shield, ml, etc) need to be removed from all formulas and disabled from leveling up in game.
  • How armor and shielding reduce damage/block needs to be changed.

tfs 1.0

All of the above can be done in LUA. Quite easily at that with no additional lag. (Xagulz has done all of the above before).
Also you can remove the ability to gain skills by adding a flag to players in groups.xml.

I am too busy to work on this with you, but I'm sure you could do it yourself, or find someone able to do easily. (Just takes some time)

I wish you the best of luck with your Project, and am glad to see someone working on yet another Custom Server :).

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to give me some advice. I'll look at the functions again and starting brainstorming.

Back