• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

~ALAGAESIA: Realm of the Dragons~

Well, I'm not going too in depth with detail, because I'm gunna do an actual huge writeup on it, with story backgrounds, etc.
But basically, there will, just like in Skyrim: the Companions, a Vampire Guild, the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild. And from Inheritance, there will be the Empire, and the Varden.
The last one (empire and Varden) can be compared to the stormcloaks and the Imperial Legion in Skyrim

im slowly finishing my map part eden :)

btw ceejzor, whose is this phone nr? :d

of course, Skyrim is an actual amazing real rpg game! but nothing wrong with playing other things :)
personally, being able to create something like this is an adventure of its own, and takes fun on a different level (when i'm mapping at least, cuz that's all i can really do for the server aside from written ideas and story writing). two totally different experiences. but yeah, Skyrim > all

Just a little point I'd like to make, in Skyrim they have the system for unlimited quests, do you plan to implement a similar feature into Alagaesia? I'm personally in the process of creating such a system and it's a lot more simple than many would think; thus I was curious to find out, since you are basing a fair chunk on the pros of Skyrim whether you would be including this feature.

Other than that it seems fairly solid, though I wouldn't set such a solid date this early into the project simply because if it turns out to be like The Secret World, all the hype will have disappeared by the time the real release happens.

Good luck on this escapade.

Thank you for your thoughts, Aziz, and yeah I know some hype could die, but I'm hoping to keep that alive with a lot of good mapping showoffs for we got a strong team. Info wise, I'm trying to hold back on just throwing every bit of info at once, then there would be not much more to say! haha

And yes, I was hoping to find someone who could make such a system, that would definitely be awesome, but to what extent? Like, how big can the infinite quest system offer in means of good quests? It's just a thought right now.

I think you should bring a part of skyrim into play.. the side-quest & main questline.

Let's get rid of the old tibia chest quest & borrow skyrims quest.

For example talking to a tavern owner in one of your cities you could be asked to complete a simple task or such, and after completion your rewarded. The old open chest there is a reward thing has been played out for years.

I think you should bring a part of skyrim into play.. the side-quest & main questline.

Let's get rid of the old tibia chest quest & borrow skyrims quest.

For example talking to a tavern owner in one of your cities you could be asked to complete a simple task or such, and after completion your rewarded. The old open chest there is a reward thing has been played out for years.

Done.

My suggestion to you are that you make a simpel OT to start with. No new advanced spell system, no custom client and other unnecessary things. Just a plain simple OT with some cool NPCs and a nice map, and libraries with books that has text in them :)

BTW: The bounty system would be something great for your OT. A problem many OTs have is that old players mess a lot with new players thus making them rage quit :'(

Last edited:
My suggestion to you are that you make a simpel OT to start with. No new advanced spell system, no custom client and other unnecessary things. Just a plain simple OT with some cool NPCs and a nice map, and libraries with books that has text in them :)

BTW: The bounty system would be something great for your OT. A problem many OTs have is that old players mess a lot with new players thus making them rage quit :'(

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean aryak, but for sure there is going to be some protection for those people who do not want any part in unfair pvp. Example: There are going to be many guards in every town and city, and they move in to arrest them. If player refuses to go to jail, the guards will then attack. These NPCs are strong and spawn quickly, thus being a major threat to any criminal (aka PK).

And aryak, there was never going to be a custom client. I am personally building a custom client skin that will be available for download should you want to spice up your normal client's look, but that's completely optional. Nothing more than that. Sadly, not implementing the new spell system for the official launch will be a no, because that's the main part of the server; the class and spells system are completely unique and new to any server. BUT, there will be private and public BETAs here and there on the road which will offer a normal OTserv on a custom map with custom monsters and NPCs.

Thank you for your thoughts, Aziz, and yeah I know some hype could die, but I'm hoping to keep that alive with a lot of good mapping showoffs for we got a strong team. Info wise, I'm trying to hold back on just throwing every bit of info at once, then there would be not much more to say! haha

And yes, I was hoping to find someone who could make such a system, that would definitely be awesome, but to what extent? Like, how big can the infinite quest system offer in means of good quests? It's just a thought right now.

No problem, I enjoy seeing real servers released as opposed to Global Map and Pokemon OTs. People who join the OT community seem to just want a server that makes money, and when they are satisfied you never hear from them again, it's ridiculous.

As for the complexity such a system could give; it is purely based on the script you make. It is not that hard of a system at all to make. Honestly, it's up to the scripter's knowledge of lua.

Since my laptop is in for repair I couldn't tell you what the extent is until I get back my laptop and finish my work on the script.

Well please let me know when you can! It would definitely make the server all that much better if you would be able to keep going and going on missions (should you choose to).
And yeah, that's why I don't really play any OTs anymore, because most are just pieces of crap that the 'creators' don't really care about. Atlantia World is the only one I've played in over a year.

Anywho, for the rest of the viewers here: I would like to announce that we have already an expansion concept, full with the storyline to go with it. I know it may be way too early to be thinking of major updates for the server, but I was just inspired by a dream of mine (more like a nightmare though) and I spent a small amount of time thinking up of everything to go with the server. I'm not going into detail with this until after the server release, but I will give the name out.
Alagaesia: Daemon Rising

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!
And with this, I bring to you a bit of more information for the server!!
What you are going to read is a small bit of quest information, created by Marco and myself.

In Alagaesia, as a player, you can choose to be a follower of 3 main groups:

The Empire: (Similar to the Imperials from Skyrim), the Empire represents the army of the four nations; the Humans, the Elves, the Dwarves, and the Urgals. They stand united and strive to fight against the threat of being wiped out by the Dragons.

The Varden: (Similar to the Stormcloaks from Skryim and a fusion of the Varden from Inheritance), the Varden are a group of rebels who are intent on fighting against the Empire and trying to find a means to connecting and allying themselves with the Dragons and their ways.

The Reclaimers: This group takes no interest in petty political arguments and wars and focus only on learning about the Precursors. They devote their will to finding out everything possible about them, hopefully leading them to a link to their own past and possibly a way to reaching them.

Every faction in Alagaesia has its own large web of quests to embark on and all lead to many large changes in the way you experience the server. How exactly is for you to find out in the future.

Enjoy!

When I first stumbled upon this...wonder..., I was completely taken away. It was unlike anything I had ever seen - or anyone has ever seen for that matter! Even in its neglected and unkempt state, it was still beautiful. Absolutely stunning.

shrine1.png

It was then, that very day, that humankind discovered the first Dovah Shrine. I could feel its power pulsing through the air in invisible waves, drawing me in. Like it was calling out to me! I could even feel the very power of the Voice's might! That day, I made history.

shrine2.png

And after gazing upon the luster of this iconic shrine, I also found that there was a very beautiful and large chest behind the shrine itself. I had to cut away at the overgrowth to find it, but that was no hard job. But every time that I laid a finger on it...got near it within a hair's breath...I could feel something. Something disturbed...something ancient.... And I felt like it did not want me to open it.

shrine3.png

PS: No, this isn't a mapping showoff intention. I wanted to post this for the story.

Back