• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Always crash after 15-20 minutes TFS 1.0+

jarosq

Reaction score
Hi, i have huge problem. When i start my server all is perfect but for only 15 to 20 minues, then it just crashes.
While running the server CPU is from 35 to 45, same when crash appears. RAM using is 10,4, same when crash appears. Only i play on this server, just for tests. I'm using RealMap 10.77.
I have 12gb RAM and Windows x64.

ref..

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the server use 10gb ram?
Dafuq...
Even the CPU usage seems abit high to me unless you have alot of players online.
Most likely a bugged TFS or a really bugged script.

TFS 1.1 is only a engine. The map and scripts and players use RAM. not the engine. WibbenZ correct me if i'm wrong.
Yes you are right. He said 10gb is too high so what is good? for REAL MAP of course. Map is 117 MB.
You can tell me for an example something like this "i have real map 117 mb and its 6gb RAM in use" etc. just want see why he said its too high.

This is my memory use when i run TFS, just closed all unnecessary programs:

memoryuse_wswhxqe.png

I use same engine as jarosq.

Last edited:
TFS 1.1 is only a engine. The map and scripts and players use RAM. not the engine. WibbenZ correct me if i'm wrong.

The server utilizes RAM even at idle state, but after that the server should not eat memory (memory leaks etc), not even a script should increase the ram more then what should be noticed (and should be deleted right after it has been loaded).
Without really knowing anything im gonna say the issue here is memory leaks, or a bad TFS version that eats memory at start up.

And about players taking up memory, well they do but not as this rate. I highly doubt even shadowcores runs at 10gb tbh.
There is a good formula here on OTLand somewhere that gives you a pointer (not the actual number) of how much a "normal" player would use, if you run a high exp server that formula is useless due to spamming spells, with a big radius aswell as higher damage values that has to be read in, handled and then change the health state of the creatures.
That is why most hexp servers crash after a while - bad written scripts aswell as that TFS and the client is not designed to handle that high integers and spamming of outgoing and incoming packages.

What I normally start with in these cases is trying another TFS, mainly since it can be a quick fix.
If the problem is still there, start monitoring the RAM usage, is it at: startup, intevals, time stamps, players online (this is not fun to look for, it can be pretty much anything) etc etc.

And what I can say is that if you don't know how to fix these things you should expect a high price for fixing it, I never even start without a payment on things like this if the TFS has been replaced and compiled correctly.
Mainly since you might have to rescript ALOT of things aswell as trying to debug what functions are crashing it etc etc
I can go on and on haha..

Im using same scripts, same tfs and same map as Shadow. I dont know what's wrong.. So it's not scripts etc fault. Prob. missing some dlls OR i have wrong versions ex. for x32 not for x64..

Back