• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon - The revival

Want my advice? Start the advertising thread today so you will build up a player base when it launches. You can set the date from 2 weeks from now which will be the 1st October 2015 and spend time making the thread, include pictures and a lot of info @Gaal
I partly agree the advertising should start sooner, but not today. Since Gaal mentioned the website will be online saturday, he should start advertising at that point. He will have something 'concrete' to refer to besides pictures.

Honestly I don't see the point of advertising it early. Is it even allowed to advertise something that is starting in 2 weeks? tought it was 1 week max.

• Don't advertise an OTS that will take more than a week(7 days) to be opened for all players, else moderators could delete its thread. And threads about inactive or closed ot servers can be locked if necessary by mods.
Quoted from CBRM In his sticky thread.

Don't really think making the thread to spend some time adding picture matters that much. Let say he is finetuning his server now.. Instead of doing that while making a thread. He could finish the fine tuning and then make the thread with SOLID pictures. What if Gaal thinks the temple is kinda bad and changes it? he has to change the thread too. Too much work for no reason.

Question is, wont it ruin the economy?
the shop is good as it was before just dont make any changes, gold and et were never been a problem and about merc ofc they will ruin pvp and dung will be much easier, I dont even know if they arint ganna ruine the game for just using them in hunting, leveling would be fast and ez.
so i think u should remove merc system !!

Oh boy do I now appriciate all that spare time I had to play Ascalon, ohh well I can always take a week or two holiday at work...NOT :D

Advertise it on otlist before it starts. I know that it's pretty expensive but you will gain a lot of new players.

Advertise it on otlist before it starts. I know that it's pretty expensive but you will gain a lot of new players.

Yeah, I was hoping that it would be advertised on otservlist since it does bring you a ton of players but i'm pretty sure it's too late for that if it's going to be starting in 2 weeks :(

try otservlist it could probally be havin more players to find the ot

the shop is good as it was before just dont make any changes, gold and et were never been a problem and about merc ofc they will ruin pvp and dung will be much easier, I dont even know if they arint ganna ruine the game for just using them in hunting, leveling would be fast and ez.
so i think u should remove merc system !!
boiii if its gone be fast and easy thatll be the best thing ever now u can pvp without unfairness lol and it would save time for people who aint got time to play :p (in my opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:
o_O mmm did I miss something about pvp? Were there any incentives added? I think an important part was overlooked,,, again.

I'm very sorry guys, due to some problems the website will be delayed.
Sorry for that :(

Website is no big deal, but dont disappoint us with another delay for release date.

sad_frog.jpg

@Gaal It's nice that you try to get everyone's hope up and hyped with a promising website and such. But I don't think you should let yourself be pressured and rushed which might cause you to say things you can't furfill. This will cause frustration and less credibility towards your future posts. Silence is still gold as speaking refers to silver ;). Announce when you have it ready to show, not when it's 'almost' rdy. 'Almost' always joins, but never wins.

So what u mean wit hgems ab stones whats max and how much does 1 gem and ability stone add? in start it was x3 ability stone is maxed succes rate was 100%its good that way abilty stones drop much rarer then gems.At gems I can agree with % like t1 -t4 100% t4-t6 90% t7 80% or you make it like fare where you can add maxium 10 gems and its reached max each +1 is lesser chance like +1 is 100% +2 90%
+3 80% +4 70% +5 60% +6 55% +7 50% +8 45% +9 40%

Id liked it i remember where i had 20 gems and i broke 15 with 40% chance lol or with 70% chance broke 5 t7 :C anyway I recommend to keep the tool where u can get out the ability stones and gems maybe u can make a donor tool for 5$ that has 100% chance to remove the gem and non donor got 80%? or just make no donor tool just non donor with 100% its via quest where u have to give npc 100cc or 50cc and special items u have to drop from bosses?

There are much possibilities And maybe add a map to the website like in real tibia where u can explore where u need to go etc Ive seen few ppl they didnt found what they searched for hours and they just quit lol

Also recommend to make first lvls more rewarding 1-50 faster exp lvling when server start ppl grind low mobs when 'I played there there were 100 ppl on larvs...

Add, Custom Items to dungeon reward and bosses also add a world boss never seen one at ascalon
Custom Items could be special part of an Equipment for the vocation like when you are lvl 100 thats t3 i think u get custom gear for ur lvl u can add custom gear like few eqs for all vocs and the others for mage knight archer or sub vocs like priest wizard crusader berserker assassin sharpshooter

I also tought that the sub vocs could need other sub vocs at higher lvl too would be cool like Archer- Assassin- ninja with ninja u have new spells more dodge rate etc just example

Its all possible!

There are much possibilities And maybe add a map to the website like in real tibia where u can explore where u need to go etc Ive seen few ppl they didnt found what they searched for hours and they just quit lol

Also recommend to make first lvls more rewarding 1-50 faster exp lvling when server start ppl grind low mobs when 'I played there there were 100 ppl on larvs...

If I'm not mistaken, there was already a map on the previous website, so I believe that's a good feature they already have.
Regarding the low levels, I strongly suggest to not suggest any form of heavy speeding up at early levels. It's better to create a bigger spawn or multiple spawns regarding lower content. Adding diverse secrets with small permanent bonusses, allowing these spawns to be explored by higher levels later on as well.

I'd say the opposite to this. Yeah there will be a lot of people at larvae to start with but thats just upon release. Some people will level faster than others and it will create a level gap and spread the players over all of the hunting areas.

This is exactly what happened with DeathZot, I played when it was released and there were like 100+ players in the 0-200 area. It was massively overpopulated but it was only like this for the first day or two because after then people would move on to the next hunting zone.

Back