• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux can't find config.lua path

elkingahmed

Reaction score
when i try to add my config pass to setup MY-AAC i get this error
Cannot find config.lua file. Is your server path correct? Go back and check again.
im using Ubuntu V18.04
the path im using is Home/Desktop/Server
what am i doing wrong ?

You rather forgot about USER_NAME:
/Home/USER_NAME/Desktop/Server

Try to go to the folder where is your server and in Terminal write command "pwd". Then you will be know the whole path.

working now
but got error in mysql
Cannot connect to the MySQL database.
Possible reasons:

MySQL is not configured propertly in config.lua.
MySQL server is not running.

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused in /opt/lampp/htdocs/system/libs/pot/OTS_DB_MySQL.php:126 Stack trace: #0 /opt/lampp/htdocs/system/libs/pot/OTS_DB_MySQL.php(126): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=reli...', 'root', 'Cs6UIFDp43gVl2G...') #1 /opt/lampp/htdocs/system/libs/pot/OTS.php(374): OTS_DB_MySQL->__construct(Array) #2 /opt/lampp/htdocs/system/database.php(89): POT->connect(Array) #3 /opt/lampp/htdocs/install/includes/database.php(6): require('/opt/lampp/htdo...') #4 /opt/lampp/htdocs/install/steps/5-database.php(48): require('/opt/lampp/htdo...') #5 /opt/lampp/htdocs/install/index.php(184): require('/opt/lampp/htdo...') #6 {main}

You must remove each comment from config.lua
looks like it need permission
because i get this error too when i start the tfs
Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'otserv'@localhost
ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database
i think there are something wrong in localhost or 127.0.0.1
because when i used them to setup MY-AAC it said that my ip isnt 127.0.01 or localhost so i added my vps ip to allowed ips and it worked

Now I got lost. If you are talking about config.lua, remove everything what begins from "--"

(using notepad++ it takes green color)

b.t.w if you wanna use mysql, is needed to install for example xampp

Now I got lost. If you are talking about config.lua, remove everything what begins from "--"

(using notepad++ it takes green color)

b.t.w if you wanna use mysql, is needed to install for example xampp
look to install the AAC you need to login as (localhast or 127.0.0.1 or ::1) these can be found in ip file in install folder
i noticed that when i try to install my website using my vps it said you cant because my ip was different that mean my vps cant login as localhost
so i added my vps ip to ips file and it worked
so from that i guess when i try to use localhost in config.lua it wont work because the vps isnt using it
got me now ?

Seems your otserv user doesn't have rights to see your database.

Do you have phpmyadmin? If so, try to login as otserv with given password and look if you see any database there. If not, then you need to give him rights to the database.

Seems your otserv user doesn't have rights to see your database.

Do you have phpmyadmin? If so, try to login as otserv with given password and look if you see any database there. If not, then you need to give him rights to the database.
nvm deleted my vps and installed another one v16.04 all worked fine
looks like i cant use 18.04
thanks

If you are using latest tfs (above 1.2), then you can send the SIGINT or SIGTERM to the tfs process.

You can accompilish it with this command:
Code:
killall tfs

Note: If you use TFS 1.2, it will simply kill (close) the server, without saving it, so be sure to save it in the game with /save command before.

Note2: On TFS 1.3 (from GitHub) it will shut down the server correctly (with save).

If you are using latest tfs (above 1.2), then you can send the SIGINT or SIGTERM to the tfs process.

You can accompilish it with this command:
Code:
killall tfs

Note: If you use TFS 1.2, it will simply kill (close) the server, without saving it, so be sure to save it in the game with /save command before.

Note2: On TFS 1.3 (from GitHub) it will shut down the server correctly (with save).
worked fine
last question
where should i put MY-AAC files ?
shouldnt it be in var/www ?

Back