• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't run compiled server Error on Lua files

kadko

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been off this topics for about three years and it has changed a little bit, well I'm a little bit rust but not at all, I still understand the basics to get this up and running.

During this last weeks I've worked hardly to get a server online in windows as well as Linux, I've successfully compiled TFS 1.2 & 1.3, I've also set up my data base with XAMPP and the SQL file provided on the sources but I'm unable to get it running.

I got the same error on Windows 10 as well as Linux (Ubutnu 17.04) both on x64 architecture and I'm compiling the builds also for X64.

Seems that the server is not able to find those files.

As of now I've verified, double check and triple check that the names of the files are correct on my "data" folder, also I've tried to check my data base and change the Version value to 17 up to 24 for the lua error with out sucess, out here there's no much information on how to fix this problem, Is someone here able to give me a clue of how to fix the issue.

root@taquera-240:/home/kadko/Otxserver-New/data# ./tfs
The OTX Server Global - Version: (3.9 . DEV) - Codename: ( OpenTibia )
Compiled with: GNU C++ version 6.3.0 20170406
Compiled on Aug 19 2017 14:45:53 for platform x64

A server developed by Matt Gomez, Leandro Brewster, Erick Nunes, Joao Leonardo Pereira, Bruno Carvalho, Charles, OTX Contributors and The Forgotten Server Developers.
Visit our forum for updates, support, and resources: GitHub - mattyx14/otxserver: The OTX Server.

>> Loading config: config.lua
>> Establishing database connection... MySQL 5.7.19
>> Running database manager
[Error - DatabaseManager::updateDatabase - Version: 24] cannot open data/migrations/24.lua: No such file or directory
> No tables were optimized.
>> Loading vocations
[Error - Vocations::loadFromXml] Failed to load data/XML/vocations.xml: File was not found
> ERROR: Unable to load vocations!
>> No services running. The server is NOT online.

Bump

bump

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hello!

I've been off this topics for about three years and it has changed a little bit, well I'm a little bit rust but not at all, I still understand the basics to get this up and running.

During this last weeks I've worked hardly to get a server online in windows as well as Linux, I've successfully compiled TFS 1.2 & 1.3, I've also set up my data base with XAMPP and the SQL file provided on the sources but I'm unable to get it running.

I got the same error on Windows 10 as well as Linux (Ubutnu 17.04) both on x64 architecture and I'm compiling the builds also for X64.

As of now I've verified, double check and triple check that the names of the files are correct on my "data"...
Hello!

As of now I've verified, double check and triple check that the names of the files are correct on my "data" folder, also I've tried to check my data base and change the Version value to 17 up to 24 for the lua error with out sucess, out here there's no much information on how to fix this problem, Is someone here able to give me a clue of how to fix the issue.

root@taquera-240:/home/kadko/Otxserver-New/data# ./tfs
The OTX Server Global - Version: (3.9 . DEV) - Codename: ( OpenTibia )
Compiled with: GNU C++ version 6.3.0 20170406
Compiled on Aug 19 2017 14:45:53 for platform x64

A server developed by Matt Gomez, Leandro Brewster, Erick Nunes, Joao Leonardo Pereira, Bruno Carvalho, Charles, OTX Contributors and The Forgotten Server Developers.
Visit our forum for updates, support, and resources: GitHub - mattyx14/otxserver: The OTX Server.

>> Loading config: config.lua
>> Establishing database connection... MySQL 5.7.19
>> Running database manager
[Error - DatabaseManager::updateDatabase - Version: 24] cannot open data/migrations/24.lua: No such file or directory
> No tables were optimized.
>> Loading vocations
[Error - Vocations::loadFromXml] Failed to load data/XML/vocations.xml: File was not found
>> No services running. The server is NOT online.

Bump

bump

You have checked the file name and extention?
But have you checked that data and XML is spelled correct?

If the problem is happening on Linux and the XML folder is called xml you could get this error.
Could also as I said be the data folder since vocations seems to be the first thing loaded from data.

Solution
Back