• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Change experience multiplier of the realots files?

Tony32

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hello OTland.
I wonder if anyone of you know how to change experience rate on the real files? The 7.7 ones. Is there an exp multiplier or do I need to change the exp-table? Or even change the exp gained from monsters? Haven't found an easy way, yet. If you don't want to share the knowledge publicly, pm me.

Thanks.

Regards,
Tony

borrowing thread, do you know how to translate these into xml format, which stands for what?, ex (interval, chance, range, radius, target) etc, i know they probably have a formula for most of the things, but some things should still be possible to translate?

Last edited:
borrowing thread, do you know how to translate these into xml format, which stands for what?, ex (interval, chance, range, radius, target) etc, i know they probably have a formula for most of the things, but some things should still be possible to translate?

damage stuff
Destination (7, 4, 3, 0) -> Field (1) : 11,
Origin (4, 21) -> Damage (512, 250, 100) : 17,
{Victim (7, 13, 3) -> Damage (1, 185, 15) : 7,
Angle (30, 3, 3) -> Damage (8, 165, 45) : 9}

healing stuff
{Actor (13) -> Healing (45, 11) : 7,

summon stuff
Origin (0, 13) -> Summon (65, 1) : 7}
http://pastebin.com/sigMTrUD

OTHire monsters are nearby the same as leaked 7.7 files. Missing haste variation, just the paralyze values are totally wrong. Maybe a typo here and there.

yeah i noticed the min/max damage was mostly the same, and i just finished the loot chances, gona try start on damage now

Last edited:
Code:
<?php

$rate = 3;

foreach(glob('*.mon') as $k => $v)
{
    $str = file_get_contents($v);
    preg_match('/^Experience    = (\d+)/m', $str, $exp);
    $old = (int)$exp[1];
    $new = round($old * $rate);

if($old !== $new)
    {
        $str = preg_replace('/^Experience    = (\d+)/m', 'Experience    = '.$new, $str);
        file_put_contents($v, $str);
    }
}

?>

Code:
<?php

$rate = 3;

foreach(glob('*.mon') as $k => $v)
{
    $str = file_get_contents($v);
    preg_match('/^Experience    = (\d+)/m', $str, $exp);
    $old = (int)$exp[1];
    $new = round($old * $rate);

if($old !== $new)
    {
        $str = preg_replace('/^Experience    = (\d+)/m', 'Experience    = '.$new, $str);
        file_put_contents($v, $str);
    }
}

?>
That's awesome man. Thanks! Was gonna do it in Java sometime, but PHP seems just as easy :3

@53701688 I guess lootrates and goldrates needs to be changed in the monsters as well? I modified your experience changing script to modify goldamount, which works ok. Havent tested what happens if amount is over 100 yet. But for now, I just set gold amount to 100 if the new value is > 100.
The other droprates, I might just loop trought all inventory items and multiply the dropchance.
I find it very weird that CIP didn't code a loot, exp and gold multiplier for their 7.7 server.

Back