• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cid/Sid utility questions

Chonono

Brandnew Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

So I'm creating a new spr/dat file from scratch (using Tibia sprites plus some edited ones).

I'm starting to wonder if there is any need to have two object that use the same sprite in those files, since you can change them in the .otb file.

So I was wondering if there is any problem in using for example, the same Cid for two wooden floor tiles, one being for underwater (with different minimap color and different walking speed) and the other one a normal one. Or using the same Cid for walkable and unwalkable water.

Since that that would just be at client level, I suppose there wouldn't be any problem at server level, but what about client level? Maybe the client would have problems reading something? Idk, I just don't wanna mess it up :p

Also, side question: What is more optimal, to use patterned floor (like void) or to use one sprite -> one object (like normal grass)?

I guess you mean that there's only 1 sprite for an item and you would like to make two different items ingame for it? That's entirely possible and that's how alot of custom ots made extra items back in the day (when there were just a few sprites), they just edited the items.otb and they would have for example 5 different demon armors with different attributes and item ids when there's only one sprite located inside the .spr file.

I guess you mean that there's only 1 sprite for an item and you would like to make two different items ingame for it? That's entirely possible and that's how alot of custom ots made extra items back in the day (when there were just a few sprites), they just edited the items.otb and they would have for example 5 different demon armors with different attributes and item ids when there's only one sprite located inside the .spr file.
I know that it is entirely possible and I am aware that for items it isn't really a problem. But I don't know if the same applies to grounds, walls, etc.

Back