• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

SQLite [Complete how to] Server+Mysql/Sqlite Setup + Working!

Mokerhamer

Retired Global Mod
Senator
Reaction score
Oke we will be working on how to get your Server Mysql or Sqlite working!

Now we will begin and of course u need a server duh :p we will be using using TheForgottenServer because it rox Download: here

How to Get the Server working on Sqlite:

After you have downloaded the server and unpacked it you can run it on a Sqlite server.

Whats the diference with MySql?
You are able to set your server online without installing Xampp and other program's

SQLite is better than MySQL but SqLite is only good for around 50 Players.:eek:

Lets begin!

If you have unpacked your server you now need to change some things.

Open your forgotten Server map and open "Config.lua" with Notepad
(Right button>Open with>Notepad)
notepad.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/mokerxx/notepad.jpg[/URL]

Now you have opened config u need to change the following things:
Code:
	ip = "127.0.0.1"
Change 127.0.0.1 to your own i.p, Find out your own i.p here!

And ofcourse to use Sqlite you need to confige it:
Code:
sqlType = ""
Should be
Code:
sqlType = "sqlite"

Now you are able to put your server online and play! and if u dont like somting in game, try to look in config.lua if you are able to change them.

If you want to change players and other things u should use this programe, SQLite Expert Personal download here

But dont forget if you want to change players and htings like that i would advance you to put your server first offline and then use SQLite Expert Personal to open "forgottenserver.s3db"

Server+Mysql Setup:

If you have unpacked your server you now need to change some things.

Open your forgotten Server map and open "Config.lua" with Notepad
(Right button>Open with>Notepad)
notepad.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/mokerxx/notepad.jpg[/URL]

Now you have opened config u need to change the following things:
Code:
	ip = "127.0.0.1"
Change 127.0.0.1 to your own i.p, Find out your own i.p here!

And ofcourse to use Sqlite you need to confige it:
Code:
sqlType = ""
Should be
Code:
sqlType = "mysql"

But dont forget to change this to:
Code:
	sqlUser = "root"    <---- leave it like this
	sqlPass = ""      <---- But a password
	sqlDatabase = "OTserv"  <---- If you want you can change it

Now u have to download a programe that is able to run MySql, I would advice you to use Xampp, download it here Windows version.

While instalation:
Note while installation it will stop at 27% That's normale just give it time!

After u have installed Xampp you need to do some things,
Click on xampp_start.exe and open Internet Explorer. Go to http://localhost/xampp/xamppsecurity.php ; enter a password for mysql there. Now go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ and login with root/<yourpasswordhere> (SAME AS U USED IN CONFIG.LUA). (I am using English language in phpadmin). Below Create new database you see a field. Enter Otserv there and create the database. Now on your left side of the screen, select Otserv in the dropdown menu. In the right part, click on the tab. And inport forgottenserver.sql

Now you have you sql database up and running you should be able to start your server without any problems

Note)
I might forgot some things if i dit please tell it to me!

Yours,
Mokerhamer

Last edited:
~~ SPace Holder Take it easy guys i will add it so fast as posible

I have a couple questions so i will make different posts

NSERT INTO `accounts`
VALUES ( 1, '1', 1, 65535, 0, '0', '', 0, 0 ) ;

it wont let me import it... i mean i started up my server ok i guesse it said forgotten server running... when i started it up... is forgotten server sql or xml? there were 3 links you could download it from i think i got the 3rd

Moker, you mean it only works for CAPS 50 players?
I mean it works with 50+ players but it was orginal builded to hold an avarage of 50 but i wont look up if you have 100+ poeple online..

I see you can improve this tutorial because some words are wrong such as: Compleet = Complete, oyu = you inport = import soem = some dit = did.

Just trying to help. ;)

I see you can improve this tutorial because some words are wrong such as: Compleet = Complete, oyu = you inport = import soem = some dit = did.

Just trying to help. ;)

:p i'll try to fix them up :p

Nice tutorial, but (i used the svn sources) no matter whether i set sqlType or not, it forces me to use sql and bugs..

>> Loading quests
>> Loading outfits
>> Loading admin protocol config
>> Loading experience stages
SQLITE ERROR sqlite_exec: no such table: player_skills
SQLITE ERROR sqlite_exec: no such table: players
SQLITE ERROR sqlite_exec: no such table: players
>> Checking world type... PVP
>> Loading map
> FATAL: Header information is outdated. Code: 4

I have the same problem for 0.2.6 but it doesn't stop at The FATAL: Header message it just keeps going... spamming the sqlite_exec message.. =/ I really wanna get going with an SQL server cause this is my first one that I'm attempting with. Can anyone help us with this problem?

Nice, But when I'm entering localhost/phpmyadmin, I do not have a root password, And I don't know how to fix it too, Maybe there is someone who can help me?

Nice tutorial, but (i used the svn sources) no matter whether i set sqlType or not, it forces me to use sql and bugs..

You are missing some tables in your sqlite.. try to use the sql file of the TFS

How to create GM on Sqlite?

I have an Sqlite Expert which allows me to edit my database.
but i don't understand how to create a GM.
their is nothing in the player section that talks about the level of access.

and HOW CAN I MAKE A GOD OR GM ON MYSQL..

BECAUSE I WAS USING A SQLITE STUDIO ITS SO EASIER.

PLZ HELP ME....

hey can anyone help me fast please , i have run xamp and everything running , but when i have to go in in http://localhost/xampp/xamppsecurity.php i get this

Error 404

localhost
4/4/2010 2:19:57 PM
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

What is this error please ? i can go in in my phpadmin and so on but not securty , why ? :( help asap please

Back