• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Could use some help with RME

unrealdracco

Reaction score
Hello all,

To start I would like to say that I haven't been involved with the OT community for quite a while.
Lately however, I've started tinkering on my old server again which has been a long time hobby project.

I figured I'd work on the map and port it over to the latest version of Tibia. However, I noticed RME only goes up to 10.98 and there are a lot of monsters missing in the editor.

Now I have added most monsters and their looktypes by hand, but some have 'wrong looktypes' according to the editor. This is probably because they are newer monsters ie. Werefox.

Now my question is: can I add support for tibia 11.xx to RME? And if so, how? I've noticed for example that there is no longer a .dat and .spr in the new client folders. Do we still need those or is there another method these days?

Have you tried it downloading official release for latest RME v3.4 which supports up to 10.98? hjnilsson/rme or user release v3.4: OpenTibia - New RME v.3.4

There are many releases by users on Otland, however, they are not official. You may use them and some works as original ones, but these are not recommended. Supporting Tibia 11.x or above it's not easy, as you said the client does no longer support dat or spr files, but most of server owners out there uses Tibia 10 sprites to open RME and after that I don't know what they do exactly. You could also checkout what otx people do since they have Tibia 11 servers, surely they have a way to edit maps as well.

Have you tried it downloading official release for latest RME v3.4 which supports up to 10.98? hjnilsson/rme or user release v3.4: OpenTibia - New RME v.3.4

There are many releases by users on Otland, however, they are not official. You may use them and some works as original ones, but these are not recommended. Supporting Tibia 11.x or above it's not easy, as you said the client does no longer support dat or spr files, but most of server owners out there uses Tibia 10 sprites to open RME and after that I don't know what they do exactly. You could also checkout what otx people do since they have Tibia 11 servers, surely they have a way to edit maps as well.
Thanks for the response. I've tried those and they do work but it's like you said, I don't know how people edit their Tibia 11 servers and it seems like there is no information on it anywhere.

Back