• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Custom] Open RPG - release date/discussion/teasers

Do you want to play on this server?

• Total voters

Kuzyn

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
4N2DQLw.png

The final topic for the Open RPG project, server is dedicated to all people who wants to play on RPG low rates server with balanced economy, lot of quests and on the newest client (if possible). If you have any questions, just ask. If you like the project, please comment and share it!

Links:
http://opentibia.pl/ - there will be acc maker, now it is a blog
http://opentibia.pl/map-of-the-world/ - some details about the map
http://opentibia.pl/game-world-how-it-all-started-story/ - short genesis and timeline
https://www.facebook.com/groups/234104430318149/ - Open RPG facebook group!

Donation:

If you want to send a donation, please visit my blog.

31EUnR5.png

All screenshots are from the Dorav and the Fort Karr (and surroundings):
ZisX2sK.png
Cie0SVB.png

Z4QwUOt.png
PSnuRBX.png

4Ke5WG5.png
JW0bBUj.png

Uxf3yqq.png
iYOoKsD.png

QPpcj24.png
09kKPRG.png

BmLO5Bs.png
Slr5Z5d.png

Kbnv0uq.png
mkNqjNQ.png

4SyzEtH.png
NXpZJ9h.png

lNijGE8.png
8xSBiIP.png

More screenshots coming soon =)

Last edited:
I liked it, the visual identity is awesome. I would say that huge number of towns suck hard, it suck for real tibia, much more to custom maps, gives an empty feeling. Back in the days when Tibia had lower number of cities and more players, you would meet people every time, it was priceless.

I fucking love servers like this, wish you the best of luck. When it's released I'll play a little for sure :)

Is there anything custom at all? Items/spells/mysteries etc? Either way it looks amazing, definitely will try it.

Is there anything custom at all? Items/spells/mysteries etc? Either way it looks amazing, definitely will try it.
Sadly it doesn't seem very custom aside from the map, NPCs and quests. "What does not change: monsters (few changes in loot), spells, runes, sprites, pvp system, 4 vocations, and weapons."
Not my bowl of soup but good luck. :)

I feel like people are wasting too much time trying to create an rpg ot with normal vocations, monsters and items. For me it would get boring really quick to hunt the same monsters and loot the same items over and over. Imo a custom map rpg server without further customization will always go down pretty fast because most of the rpg players will get bored, and those not really into rpg will be confused and rather play on a rl map. Anyway good luck with your project and maybe ill check it out if i got the time.

@Peonso
Thats why you need to increase amount of players! ;)
@Elwyn
Thanks! I will try to inform everyone about tests/release.
@Eliazz
New: npcs, map, lot of bossess and quests (mysteries, chest quests, tasks, story quests etc).
@Zasranets
Thank you!
@Shiros
You say that hunting same monsters is boring? Thousands of players are hunting them on RL maps. I just want to build a new server with all features/items/sprites/monsters from RL Tibia. In many servers they are unused and people starts to making new graphics, 20 vocations, 100 systems like minning, cutting wood, alchemy etc. Maybe if I finish everything I will add completely new spells/items etc. But firstly, use all what Tibia has.

About the RPG, you dont have to follow the main story line but ofc it will help you to understand the world and its like tutorial, which introduce you to new terrains.

I voted no. If you look back every finished project that mimicked vanilla Tibia, using a beautiful custom map with lore and quests, have failed. Players hate to feel like they are stuck behind high levels on the server, and with such slow progression and no interesting content (Tibia-esq quests and a Tibia-style map don't have depth) players leave. The truth is the vast majority of the player-base hates to feel confused. Custom maps do that, and without a new style of game play players quickly get bored. Tibia has some pretty flawed game play, this is why the game is a giant bot-fest today. It's ultra boring at it's native exp, who wants to run around for hundreds of hours in a Rot Worm Cave?

TFS presents us with powerful tools, especially how diverse we can make game play with the scripting interface. It's really amazing how simple it is to change big things, they've really made the engine great. I hope to see projects now utilize this instead of cloning the Tibia environment.

Your map looks great and exciting!

@BloodGauntlet
I havent seen any good "low rate/rpg" server based only on Tibian sprites/systems. Only total customs that failed few weeks later. About "powerful tools and great engine". I'm not a scripter nor a coder, so my possibilities are limited to help from friends or other users from otland. I'm trying my best but I can't do whatever I want.

Second city on mainland is growing. You can see how big it will be. Now, a question to you guys:
How should training system look like?
  1. Only monsters and other players
  2. Training offline (pacc) + monsters/players
  3. Training monks (facc) + training offline (pacc) + monsters/players
  4. Training monks available after quest (facc) + monsters/players
rGrsIyz.png

@BloodGauntlet
I havent seen any good "low rate/rpg" server based only on Tibian sprites/systems. Only total customs that failed few weeks later. About "powerful tools and great engine". I'm not a scripter nor a coder, so my possibilities are limited to help from friends or other users from otland. I'm trying my best but I can't do whatever I want.

Second city on mainland is growing. You can see how big it will be. Now, a question to you guys:
rGrsIyz.png
oldschool training system is best (monsters & players)

@BloodGauntlet

rGrsIyz.png
I prefer offline training + monster/players

Refresh, still waiting for your response to my question about training skills.

10.98 update available (thanks to all tfs contributors on github).
hn6YGHa.png

Still waiting for opinions on training system!
For now (all replies from 3 forums):

5 votes for "training only on creatures and players"
3 votes for "training offline (pacc) + standard"
1 vote for "training monks available after quest (facc) + offline training (pacc) + standard"
5 votes for "training monks available after quest (facc) + standard"

Why not be different and make hybrid vocations? Like a knight/sorc or pally/knight ext and make the characters have different spells

Back