• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

custom rpg?

Sir Juncan

Reaction score
Just tell me-is it still possible to make custom map rpg server and have more thank bunch of ppl online? Is it still possible to get some ppl who will but premmy on rpg server (I'm not talking about earning money on it, just about getting enough money to pay for hosting)?
As I see there are only rl maps with exp and skills x999999999...that's crazy becouse ppl play in that ;o They play + they pay for items on server which will be shouted down after month (becouse ppl made lvl 600+ and they are looting best eq which noone need=new players get best eq almost for free=noone buys items from sms shop=game must be shouted down and owner will open new server with new name or with the same and he will call it 'new edition').
In my opinion that's crazy...where are good old servers made with heart. I see only 8.1-8.6 (last version of elf bot) rl maps downloaded from random website. Some times you can meet a custom map which means that a guy downloaded rl map and putted some random items in thais.
Explain me where the God make the mistake with OTS :< And tell me, if it has any sense to work on my own project which won't be next rl map with exp x 1kkk

It's possible to have a pure RPG server, we have had quite a few successful ones lately, like Lordaeron, Ascalon, ect.
It just has to be top-of-the-line quality, you have to have A TON of advertising and all that stuff.

The custom map servers most people look for are fun servers, higher exp, ect.

I got 320 record (december 2011) online BUT without new players (only player's from 2010)...

Only players, who has played before.

Now i got ~90 - 100 MAX on the Optional RPG PVP server.

It's online from 1 month. I really hate RL map's (except for shadowcores.twifysoft.net) where you can get more than 700 without any work, like d&r .

It is sick, but dunno why is that.

So i think a new RPG server is bad idea for now, or if you have very good project (with fans, waiting for the project etc. ) for 9.60 meaby players will be.

Back