• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom Spell Idea. What do you Think?

Tyhawk master

Reaction score
hey guys i am in the middle of thinking about new Spell ideas. The way they form Etc. Here is one of the ideas i have. Please tell me what you think and how i can make it better. The idea of the Spell is for levels 500+ Thank you
The Spell

I think you should place this in a discussion area instead of support.

@topic You should decide if it's good or not. If you are the developer, you need to have yuor own vision, and not rely on others to make the decisions for you. You'll never finish your ot otherwise. On that note, don't rely on others at all. Teamwork only works if the entire team actually works. Your only as fast as your slowest team member.

i get what your saying and i am gonna use the spell But i just want to hear what other people think of it therfore i have better ideas for my next spell/s

i get what your saying and i am gonna use the spell But i just want to hear what other people think of it therfore i have better ideas for my next spell/s

Well to be perfectly honest, this spell does not do anything different than any other out of the ton of spells that are released on OTLand as well as in RL Tibia. A fancy (even if that) effect does not make a spell good.

I don't know what kind of an OT you are developing, but I'd recommend you to try something new, implement some mechanics for the spell, make something unique as in:

"[Spill Gasoline]
Cooldown: 1 second
Mana cost: 20

Deals low damage on a tile in front of you and spills a pool of gasoline onto the tile.
"

+

"[Flame Engulfment]
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Mana cost: 165~

Your character explodes with flames, dealing damage to all surrounding units. If the flames hit a tile that has gasoline on it, the tile will produce an extra explosion dealing more damage to all units in a 3x3 around it.
"

Well to be perfectly honest, this spell does not do anything different than any other out of the ton of spells that are released on OTLand as well as in RL Tibia. A fancy (even if that) effect does not make a spell good.

I don't know what kind of an OT you are developing, but I'd recommend you to try something new, implement some mechanics for the spell, make something unique as in:

"[Spill Gasoline]
Cooldown: 1 second
Mana cost: 20

Deals low damage on a tile in front of you and spills a pool of gasoline onto the tile.
"

+

"[Flame Engulfment]
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Mana cost: 165~

Your character explodes with flames, dealing damage to all surrounding units. If the flames hit a tile that has gasoline on it, the tile will produce an extra explosion dealing more damage to all units in a 3x3 around it.
"

The issue with fun spells like this is 90% of ot players are retarded.

No no i mean, alot of players cant figure out simple spell mechanics like what @Shadowsong mentioned

Well, such mechanics should be put into spotlight on the server's advertisement thread to see what kind of feedback you'll get from your fanbase and potential players. If they voice out in disagreement with such mechanics, obviously you wouldn't make it.

is there a thread on here that shows you on how to make this kind of Spell ?? because the server i am making is a unique one were EVERYTHING is really different (Quest. Monsters, Items) and it would be great to have some kind of spells on my server that is unique like the idea you had with the player setting on fire and stuff like that.

is there a thread on here that shows you on how to make this kind of Spell ?? because the server i am making is a unique one were EVERYTHING is really different (Quest. Monsters, Items) and it would be great to have some kind of spells on my server that is unique like the idea you had with the player setting on fire and stuff like that.

I'm not sure, you'd have to search for it in the Resources or Downloads board.
But with very basic lua scripting you can make something like that.

Back