• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cyntara 4.0 - Offical Update News and General Feedback

Red

Cyntara.org
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Cyntara 4.0 is almost here!

This weekend, we plan on moving Cyntara onto our old dedicated server to make room for a public, yes, you heard me, a PUBLIC test server, for players to test our new features, calculations, and performance of our server.

[NerdTalk - Feel Free to Skip]
When Cyntara is originally created, it was based off the TFS 0.2 series. At the time (nearly a year ago), 0.3 was in development (even before Crying Damson), and TFS 0.2 was the deemed, "the stable" version of TFS. It lacked many, many features that 0.3 has, that you may see in other servers, but now that I have teamed up with Chojrak since our hacking back in March, we have decided to finally upgrade our modules for good. We are moving onto the 0.4 DEV of TFS and this will give us all the tools for cutting-edge gameplay and more flexibility when creating items, quests, and monsters!
[/NerdTalk - Feel Free to Skip]

For you average players, this means that the uptime will probably not suffice 25 days with no moderation, but we have tested it, and the server should definitely manage the 24 hours that it always has before. There will be no changes in server uptime. All you will see is higher levels of development, and a more enjoyable gaming experience.

Cyntara has been a unique server since the beginning with a modified war system that has not seen any comparison besides through our sister servers (owned by Saints, Talon, and Jammies), which was initially the core server, which you know as Cyntara. We are planning on expanding the war system, making preparation, teamwork, and skill better able to be utilized between players.
We are also adjusting the leveling system. NO INFORMATION REGARDING REBIRTHS WILL BE MENTIONED UNTIL THE TEST SERVER IS ONLINE - We are NOT getting rid of the system, but we are altering it to, as Saints Anathema explained, "You need to make it less of a dick measuring contest." - and by that, it is being adjusted accordingly.

I will only stress this notion ONCE

This thread is ONLY for reporting bugs and leaving feedback on some systems and what you think should be altered. It will also be used for discussion REGARDING THE FEATURES, BUGS, and NEWS.

Anything else should be posted on the 'Open Discussion' thread for the 4.0 test server. If you post the wrong things in this thread, you will be permanently removed from the test server, and your posts will be moved to the according thread.

With that being said, since the test server is not running yet, I will leave some news on some new features within the next few days.

Lastly, there is NO FINAL DATE FOR THE UPDATE. Please do not ask for a time frame, due to past updates, taking months longer than usual, I waited until about 90% of the work is done before posting this thread. If a conflict arises that makes us take two/three months longer to release the update, then I shall expect no complaining/whining, but I expect Chojrak and I can handle this update to its finality.

The 'Open Discussion' thread will be closed until the test server is open.
DO NOT post Feedback/Bug Reports until the test server is open. The only thing this thread is used for AT THE MOMENT is discussing news that I will be posting. This rule holds until the test server is open. No time frame for the test server, ips, ports, or the datacenter move will be posted here until it is 100% ready.

Please keep all of this information in mind when posting.

Test Server is OPEN!
Please use the following to log into the test server.

IP: cyntaratest.servegame.com
Port: 7171
Client: 8.57-8.54
Acc Manager: 1/1

You can download an IP-Changer Here! and download 8.57 Here!

Red

Last edited:
Your first bit of insight on a new tide-shifting item in any battle
Don't always have numbers on your side, but you clearly are the better team at perparing/using teamwork? Also enjoy all of Cyntara's features? Such as bosses, raids, and quests? This may be your solution to not always having numbers like your foes.

Red

Last edited:
Ok Red, I hope this is in the correct place. I consider this feedback to the server. I have a big problem with the ending of the "Ripple in Time" Quest. The quest is EXTREMELY well designed and I think you created an AWESOME quest that requires diligence, dedication, and drive. Although the ending to the quest is terrible! Once you have done all tasks and also the vampiric crest the final boss has a problem. He is extremely hard and I already need to use a pot every 1-2 hits which I think is very very very legitamite considering the difficulty of the quest.

The problem I have is that the boss has a bug, his normal "SD" wave spell wipes mana, which is fine, but every now and then it wipes both mana and hp. I know this is the case because I have gone in and tested by holding my pot hotkey and watching my hp and mana bars. I have nearly 80k combined mana and hp. I know his attacks and what each hits for roughly and the most he can hit me for (besides the manadrain) is roughly 12-18k. My hp alone is 37k. Therefore he has to be bugged when he completely drains my mana and hp.

My suggestion, keep the boss the same. You really do need 2-3 people to kill him, but at the same time it isnt fair to make the boss capable of killing or 1 hitting anyone at anytime. It is fun to have danger and a difficult but its not right for the boss to be able to kill you at anytime. Especially because with 2 people it will take about 10-15 minutes to down him. Within that time period right now you will be killed without a chance of killing him.

******All that I ask for is your feedback on the subject, I just want to know if its a bug or why it is set like that. Thank you so much for your dedication to the server it is very admirable. I have not and will not completely quit this server its a one of a kind!

Ok Red, I hope this is in the correct place. I consider this feedback to the server. I have a big problem with the ending of the "Ripple in Time" Quest. The quest is EXTREMELY well designed and I think you created an AWESOME quest that requires diligence, dedication, and drive. Although the ending to the quest is terrible! Once you have done all tasks and also the vampiric crest the final boss has a problem. He is extremely hard and I already need to use a pot every 1-2 hits which I think is very very very legitamite considering the difficulty of the quest.

The problem I have is that the boss has a bug, his normal "SD" wave spell wipes mana, which is fine, but every now and then it wipes both mana and hp. I know this is the case because I have gone in and tested by holding my pot hotkey and watching my hp and mana bars. I have nearly 80k combined mana and hp. I know his attacks and what each hits for roughly and the most he can hit me for (besides the manadrain) is roughly 12-18k. My hp alone is 37k. Therefore he has to be bugged when he completely drains my mana and hp.

My suggestion, keep the boss the same. You really do need 2-3 people to kill him, but at the same time it isnt fair to make the boss capable of killing or 1 hitting anyone at anytime. It is fun to have danger and a difficult but its not right for the boss to be able to kill you at anytime. Especially because with 2 people it will take about 10-15 minutes to down him. Within that time period right now you will be killed without a chance of killing him.

******All that I ask for is your feedback on the subject, I just want to know if its a bug or why it is set like that. Thank you so much for your dedication to the server it is very admirable. I have not and will not completely quit this server its a one of a kind!

The quest is a stub at the moment, due to complications regarding the reward. This will be fixed and thoroughly tested using 4.0 - Your post will only remain here due to the fact that it involves the news I posted, too. One of the many rewards in the quest that you were trying to finish.

Likewise, everybody on the 4.0 test server will receive free donation items. This will not save for the new server, but it will allow you to test all of the server's features thoroughly.

Red

The test server is OPEN. Please use these three threads to communicate in the proper areas, or you may be excluded from the test server.

Red

*The Quest of Skills whit ferumbras hat's are Bug! srry my bad English... but you know what im talking about xD! i cant get the 4 piece t the quest.

Back