• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DDOS Attacks, How to protect server?

Inteligentny

Im not.
Reaction score
Yo, Its question to "pro ppl" who know it.

I would like know something more about ddos attacks, deeply says, How to protect against ddos attacks?

As Far I know A denial-of-service attack its nothing else than sendings a lot of pings (from for example 300 zombies Pc's) which causes computer or interntet of Hoster freezing, lagging even shutdown.

I would like make here seriusly disccussion so please don't laguht of me If I dont know enough about it, also I know my english isnt very good so please try to understand it.

Im sure this forum is protected against ddos attacks so if someone from Team Forum would tell me something more about it I'll be grateful :)

P.s If its wrong section I posted in, please just move it to right, don't delete it, thanks

If you're running a server your basicly screwed if your internet is slower than your pingers. If your not, theres quite a few programs out there limiting the internet packets recived.

U can run a script on linux which banning most of the ddos attacks .Add protection for refreshing site for example if u refreshing all the time then the script will ban you it's when ur mysql =100%. i'm only know how to protect urself on linux not on windows :<

to best protect a server from ddos and dos attacks, the best way is to prevent item floods >.> this is the most common form in tibia, since most hackers wont maliciously attack a server by pinging directly because any idiot can trace it >.>..

To prevent item floods, limit how much someone can buy of a specefic item, increase CPU clock speed and increase available RAM and bandwidth, or just add an ip tracer to the backlogs of each tibia user and ban them on sight =P

this is why the search feature is disabled or limited for most websites, because 1: doing multiple sight queries with zombie users will turn out badly >.> and 2: because it takes up bandwidth which can be used elsewhere..

Use TFSCMS, and disable echo requests.

It will help you alot.

There is no way to completely protect yourself from DDoS.

(Hum, no, there is one. Disconnect computer from internet and play solo on localhost.)

Because DDoS uses many computers (botnet). So if 500 comps will attack you from over the world you have no chance to ban them all quickly.

So because that cip have too much problems with DDoS.

As Hermes said, it's almost impossible to block ddos attacks, but you can mitigate it.

If the attack isn't very large and you have at least a 100mbit connection and good hardware, a software firewall should be sufficient.

But on huge attacks, only gigabit connection and hardware firewall may help you.

Lols, what have dos to do with DDOS? DDOS is just a short name of Distributed Denial of Service :F

i bet its no ddos attack. everytime ppl gets their serv "pinged", they call it ddos. the most common way to pwn otserver is dos (udp-flood) attack. a computer with a decent line, or a couple of friends dosing an ip will cause huge lag and the opposites net might go down. to block it, dont use a router and dl a firewall with udp/tcp filter. ddos is strictly forbidden almost everywhere on the world except brazil etc

BitDefender 2009, stops all port scans and DDoS attacks.
I always get a message saying -Port scan from unauthorized computer blocked-
OR
-Your computer has just been protected from a internet attack-
Bitdefender is awesome.

i bet its no ddos attack. everytime ppl gets their serv "pinged", they call it ddos. the most common way to pwn otserver is dos (udp-flood) attack. a computer with a decent line, or a couple of friends dosing an ip will cause huge lag and the opposites net might go down. to block it, dont use a router and dl a firewall with udp/tcp filter. ddos is strictly forbidden almost everywhere on the world except brazil etc

So true...

As Hermes said, it's almost impossible to block ddos attacks, but you can mitigate it.

If the attack isn't very large and you have at least a 100mbit connection and good hardware, a software firewall should be sufficient.

But on huge attacks, only gigabit connection and hardware firewall may help you.

Ye so right, I know one guy with 16gb of ram and uber procesor etc but the fu*** pro haxiors are keep ddos attacks :| He is contacting with Cisco to buy hardware firewall (I Heard that they have the best but also very expansive:D ) More - they have programs to autobanning pingers but still its not helping in 100%

how can this help ? the ddos attacks not using echo request lol.IT'S dos

Trust me, it will help.

Especially for users who use a private server instead of dedicated server.

Back