• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Deathbroadcast for TFS 0.4 DEV and cool scripts for this version!

lolita15

Reaction score
Hey! I have a death broadcast that works on my Mix war server, but when I add it to my TFS 0.4 real server it wouldn't work.

Also I'd like to get the script for the sparks when you lvl up and the one that says frag! everytime you own a player. (I have both scripts working in my MIX war server too but they won't work on TFS 0.4)

Please as I said before, scripts for TFS 0.4 only because some aren't really compatible to this particular version.
Thanks in advance!

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\TFS 0.4 DEV\data\creaturescripts
deathBroadcast.lua
local config = {
affected = 10, -- how many players (deathAssits) from table deathList should this script be executed for?

killStorageValue = 3943,
deathStorageValue = 3944,

-- commands for the texts (those inside of ||, example: |KILLS| to show skills): KILLS, KILLERNAME, TARGETNAME
rewardItem = {
use = true,
itemid = 2152,
minLevel = false, -- false if you don't want any level req
minLevelDiff = false, -- false if you don't want any level diff req (negative numbers allowed).
},

killMessage = {
use = true,
text = "You owned |TARGETNAME|! You have now |KILLERKILLS| kills!",
messageClass = MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE
},

broadcastMessage = {
use = true,
minLevel = false, -- false if you don't want any level req
minLevelDiff = false, -- false if you don't want any level diff req (negative numbers allowed).
text = "|KILLERNAME| [|KILLERLEVEL|] just killed |TARGETNAME| [|TARGETLEVEL|]!",
messageClass = MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING
},

killerAnimation = {
use = true,
text = "FragPoint", -- Only 9 letters! No "commands" here.
color = 144
},

targetAnimation = {
use = true,
text = "Owned!", -- Only 9 letters! No "commands" here.
color = 180
}
}

function onDeath(cid, corpse, deathList)
for i = 1, math.min(config.affected, getConfigInfo('deathAssistCount')) do
local killer = deathList
if(isPlayer(killer) == TRUE) then
local targetKills = math.max(0, getPlayerStorageValue(cid, config.killStorageValue)) + 1
local targetDeaths = math.max(0, getPlayerStorageValue(cid, config.deathStorageValue)) + 1

local killerKills = math.max(0, getPlayerStorageValue(killer, config.killStorageValue)) + 1
local killerDeaths = math.max(0, getPlayerStorageValue(killer, config.deathStorageValue)) + 1

setPlayerStorageValue(killer, config.killStorageValue, targetKills)
setPlayerStorageValue(cid, config.deathStorageValue, targetDeaths)

local killerLevel = getPlayerLevel(killer)
local targetLevel = getPlayerLevel(cid)
local levelDiff = targetLevel - killerLevel

local values = {
["KILLERKILLS"] = killerKills,
["KILLERDEATHS"] = killerDeaths,
["KILLERNAME"] = getCreatureName(killer),
["KILLERLEVEL"] = killerLevel,

["TARGETKILLS"] = targetKills,
["TARGETDEATHS"] = targetDeaths,
["TARGETNAME"] = getCreatureName(cid),
["TARGETLEVEL"] = targetLevel
}

function formateString(str)
return(str:gsub("|([A-Z]+)|", (function(a) return values[a] end)))
end

if(config.rewardItem.use and (not config.rewardItem.minLevel or targetLevel >= config.rewardItem.minLevel) and (not config.rewardItem.minLevelDiff or levelDiff >= config.rewardItem.minLevelDiff)) then
local uid = doPlayerAddItem(killer, config.rewardItem.itemid, 70)
end
if(config.killMessage.use) then
doPlayerSendTextMessage(killer, config.killMessage.messageClass, formateString(config.killMessage.text))
end
if(config.broadcastMessage.use and (not config.broadcastMessage.minLevel or getPlayerLevel(cid) >= config.broadcastMessage.minLevel) and (not config.broadcastMessage.minLevelDiff or levelDiff >= config.broadcastMessage.minLevelDiff)) then
broadcastMessage(formateString(config.broadcastMessage.text), config.broadcastMessage.messageClass)
end
if(config.killerAnimation.use) then
doSendAnimatedText(getCreaturePosition(killer), config.killerAnimation.text, config.killerAnimation.color)
end
if(config.targetAnimation.use) then
doSendAnimatedText(getCreaturePosition(cid), config.targetAnimation.text, config.targetAnimation.color)
end
end
end

return true
end

and of course the one who goes in creaturescripts.xml
<event type="death" name="deathBroadcast" event="script" value="deathBroadcast.lua"/>

and for the level up script;
leveup.lua

function onAdvance(cid, skill, oldlevel, newlevel)
skillnames={'Fist','Club','Sword','Axe','Dist','Shield','Fish','Magic','Level'}

doSendAnimatedText(getCreaturePosition(cid), '' ..skillnames[skill+1].. ' Up!', math.random(1,254))
doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid),28)
end

and of course
<event type="advance" name="levelup" script="levelup.lua"/>

(I'm not sure but I believe this last one is supposed to show glitters everytime you skill up.)

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? You posted the location of the script, not the error..

You should also put the code around lua tags and not quote/code tags.. -.-

first of all, I use the quick reply option because its lighter to my cheap laptop. (by that you know i can't use lua tags) and secondly, that one is the script! i also post the location because I wasn't sure that it was there, and if it aint the right place where it belongs, than someone is going to correct me. ( I believe...)
Lastly... I don't mean to be harsh on you but... seriously? do or don't you know? I'm asking for is answers I'd like to get answers!
please help!
thankssss <3

Back