• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cuz you play 24/7 doesnt mean you would have been any help at all, If you know whats the point with the server and how its built you would easy find out whats totally wrong and whats going to be good for it

The point is, i constantly play, meaning i knwo the maps, i knw whats around, i know the monsters & what ever else. Just because you know how to shoot a gun doesnt mean you'll be any help at hunting, now does it? I'd be alot more help than people think lol. But i don't donate so I'm nothing apparently ;P

The point is, i constantly play, meaning i knwo the maps, i knw whats around, i know the monsters & what ever else. Just because you know how to shoot a gun doesnt mean you'll be any help at hunting, now does it? I'd be alot more help than people think lol. But i don't donate so I'm nothing apparently ;P

Funny cuz i havnt donated either, But proved myself usefull try it then

Wrong, you dont know much of it actually, its all changed so much.

I have to say that you are pretty wrong with the gun stuff, Since in a hunt you either sit on a place (hunting tower) or search. by that mean you will always know what u are searching for.

Anyway will not be wasting time on answering mad ppls posts but i hope shawn and jake take some time and think over this beta and fix the bugs before they take the decision

dude hide before the guns come out. Glad u took all of my words in 1 post haha
I'm online on my phone didnt really read throught your posts til now :/ but yeh I was level 1750 in the end botting from 300-500 and then for 1-2 hours at toirtoise to get the eq that allowed me to sustain throught all the orcs and all spawns and actually give me the chance to report stuff, still sad people didnt understand why there was this beta.

- My thoughts of the server yet : [I PLAYED ELEMENTALIST]

First of all, The sever started and IMMEDIENTLY bitching started. It showed up how bitchy this community is. We did bosses and people spaamed coins on the corpse(its normal, but didnt do anything since the server has a autoloot system and we looted the monsters throught it without opening the corpse), These guys started raging and forced me to get my name changed immediently cause 4 guys were sitting on my ass for litterly 30 mins (?)

After getting throught a exhausting lvl 1-200 part (lvl 1 to 100 was fast and i enjoyed all the new things, the rest was uh 10 people at heroes 12 at warlocks where can i get 2 mobs a hour xD )
after i got 200 I started my job and explored. I got my whole t1 set from all the chests, already had the chance to get t2 items and combined them from the bosses me and blink killed together.
As to mention to my vocation, I had a spell(1. one) dmg, 2. one mainly used for the 2 secounds immunity do dmg on cast, the 3. one is a spell that regenerates my soul, the 4th gave me the possiblity to combine spells and use insane combos in and made me enjoy the vocation step by step even more. the lvl 500 spell was insane. just insane. a fire stance with a pretty huge aoe dmg and aoe dmg on cast. Each of the spells cost a HUGE chunk of soul which makes it close to impossible for me (very bad elfbot scripter) to get a script running to afk hunt with it so I just manualed most of the time. I explored and found bugs such as a T9 ring laying arround which i returned the minute I found it, enchanting gems(returned the exact ammount.), shawn didnt get it fixed fast enought and i returned them after every server save to make sure no one else picks them and shawn maybe doesnt notice. no need for powerchunks on the beta I think? :)

The map (in my honest opinion was good.) edrona gives a CHUNK of placed to exp. You dont see the breaking point: People set waypoints throught the ENTIRE goblin area, ENTIRE valkyries and ENTIRE spiders. This way other people just had no chance to come behind, felt even further behind and ended up not getting any exp since people just 1hit the monsters (such as shades did with theyre aoe and t2 set.)
I set my timers for bosses and started dominating the equipment base throught night wile i had t4 of basically everything (inclouding each weapon for all classes) before people reached t3 set and made it easy for me to check out the pvp of the server. I noticed a huge breaking point in the ammount of burst a elementalist can put out with shawn together and so he basically doubled every vocations hp / or mana which turned out as a very good decission.
It was kinda sad how people took stuff way to serious on a 2 days beta and totally went bitchmode about things like not giving them the items they want for legit reasons E.G whatever. theres always people like this.

The 500+ area was my area til lvl 1k and actually even til 1.3k since it was the easiest hunting place(i hunted tombs tho after 1.1k, not at the tortoise.

I enjoyed most of the people's mentality, I dislike the fact melee weapons had close to no worth since we had 4 people going meelee where 2 went sword 1 club 1 axe and they actually just bought up to tier 4 since peopel didnt have any use for those items. idk how but i felt like sellign daggers WAY faster than this :D

I enjoyed basically everything. from the lvl 1 start with the orbs the exp canes , the boss raids we organised, over to the (in my opinion) perfect balance of characters. Even with my 200k mana a ninja could burst me to 10% mana in 1 combo. this is insane. and not broken. since i can do the same to him. its timing, skill, and equipment that decides how you will go on the fights.

Thanks for the beta @ Shawn for organising it and @ Synthetic for leaving the states which probably led to the beta? xD

-Breakdown of Sanity

My opinion of the archer vocation.

Good constant damage output - no stupidly strong spells, like the ninja one.

Level 50 spell was useful for monsters which don't have much health, where you can 3-4 hit them but kind of becomes redundant after you stop hunting in Edrona.
Level 100 spell is really strong, can take out loads of monsters at a time, LOADS.
Level 300 spell was quite crappy because at this point you just keep using the level 100 spell which uses the same amount of soul but hits so much more and so many more targets.

Like it how the range of the weapons increases with the tier.

What I think can be improved is that archers could do with a single target spell which hits quite high - maybe hits 1.8-2.5x as much as quick shot - just so that they can take single targets out faster, took a while for me to kill thornbacks when I got to them.

I think that's all there is really for the archer.

As for gameplay, I think there should only be one melee type because I was just stacking clubs/maces/axes and couldn't get rid of them, Edrona needs to be bigger, just things which I think have already been addressed.

Thanks for letting me test for yas.

Cheers

Jorge

The way i see it right now is half of you posting on it are complaining about the people who tried to power level vs you who were looking for "map bugs" but both go hand in hand u cant go into the next zones and look for "map bugs" w/o power leveling. He put it on for a short amount of time i reported things i believed to be bugs but most of the time were just simple mistakes i hardly think anything game changing was found other then u could use a boss map forever which woulda been op as shit lmao

Now my overall experience on playing it was that 0-200 was pretty solid and didnt really take time at all 200-500 was such a bitch it was depressing because you know on the actual of dzot 50+ players is more then probable. There was like 20 of us in that area and the lack of monsters was annoying, and the imbalances of the classes just felt so huge but it was also a vocation test and wanted feedback from what we thought shades and ninjas and even elementalists look like they were just about that life. Pking is going to be the name of the game when it first comes out and is gonna be on a first come first serve sort of basis so im atleast hoping classes like ninjas wont just one shot people like we seen. My favorite thing of playing it was the loot, but as i read and seen what obama said i agreed on the uselessness of weapons and were essentially junk like clubs etc but its also due to the fact with a smaller amount of players trading is harder so i do understand and i didnt play a melee class but it would be cool if u added like special things depending on the weapon type they used. Thing im looking most forward to is how is Gold going to be of any importance when you add npcs? I mean with the loot orb system tier trading is going to be so high its ridiculous unless stones for crafting are going to be buy able idk what im going on about but i had fun ehh hope to see a complete product ^^ soon

I have to say that you are pretty wrong with the gun stuff, Since in a hunt you either sit on a place (hunting tower) or search. by that mean you will always know what u are searching for.

smh you clearly aren't understanding the pint & I'm not going to waste my time.

My opinion of the archer vocation.

Good constant damage output - no stupidly strong spells, like the ninja one.

Level 50 spell was useful for monsters which don't have much health, where you can 3-4 hit them but kind of becomes redundant after you stop hunting in Edrona.
Level 100 spell is really strong, can take out loads of monsters at a time, LOADS.
Level 300 spell was quite crappy because at this point you just keep using the level 100 spell which uses the same amount of soul but hits so much more and so many more targets.

Like it how the range of the weapons increases with the tier.

What I think can be improved is that archers could do with a single target spell which hits quite high - maybe hits 1.8-2.5x as much as quick shot - just so that they can take single targets out faster, took a while for me to kill thornbacks when I got to them.

I think that's all there is really for the archer.

As for gameplay, I think there should only be one melee type because I was just stacking clubs/maces/axes and couldn't get rid of them, Edrona needs to be bigger, just things which I think have already been addressed.

Thanks for letting me test for yas.

Cheers

Jorge

Thanks for the feedback it really helps, I wish more people would post things like this rather than argue amongst each other over things that are irrelevant.
As for your question about a stronger single target, the lvl 500 spell "strafe" is actually quite strong, I was talking to koopa about it this morning and adjusted it a little bit to make it a bit better also. "Snipe Shot" was just put in as a gimmicky type of spell that is fun to use (hits harder the further it travels) it's not at all meant to be a core spell that you use all the time although could be quite useful if you have a guy blocking a boss for you, then you could just sit back and spam it for massive damage.

I would be interested to see what everyone else thinks about the voc they got to test :)

I personally loved what you guys did with the server.

I played a Ninja on the Beta, here are some thought I have for that vocation.

The spells on Ninjas are absolutely fine. The only thing I sort of disliked is not being able to heal at your own will, yes it's nice for when you don't have a bot and you can sit there afk without worrying to die to a monster. I would've much rather had a spell to heal.

I hated how slow I was because of not having a Haste spell until level 300. And even then, Ninjas are based off of soul points, Making the Haste spell 20 Soul Points is kind of mehhh, But I can understand why it was done.

Another thing I disliked was the 200 Spell (Deadly Strike). Even though you have to aim it like Exori Vis from back in the day, I hit wayy too much. I could 2 shot a level 1024 Barbarian with half T3 half T2 set at level 650 with T2 set. To me that seems really broken. Maybe I'm just not used to Ninjas, or damage like this.

I noticed Ninjas are 100% useless in a fight unless you catch someone afk or off guard, and even them, if they dodge your Deadly Strike, insta popped. I think Ninjas are more of a farming / get eq / Weapon type of Vocation, hits fast and has endless sustain off of his passive.

These are my opinions, feel free to call me an idiot or say you know nothing, but I will stick to what I think.

Thanks again @Xagul and @Synthetic_ for letting me be a beta tester, no clue how I even got an account. Hope to see this server be public and 100% finished sometime soon!

S/O TO MAH ***** JORGE (and Snizzle, I guess)

Thanks for the feedback it really helps, I wish more people would post things like this rather than argue amongst each other over things that are irrelevant.
As for your question about a stronger single target, the lvl 500 spell "strafe" is actually quite strong, I was talking to koopa about it this morning and adjusted it a little bit to make it a bit better also. "Snipe Shot" was just put in as a gimmicky type of spell that is fun to use (hits harder the further it travels) it's not at all meant to be a core spell that you use all the time although could be quite useful if you have a guy blocking a boss for you, then you could just sit back and spam it for massive damage.

I would be interested to see what everyone else thinks about the voc they got to test :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about Snipe Shot, I think that will come in really hand in the later-game, when world bosses are being blocked, it will be useful.

As for Strafe, I guess I'll just have to see in the next beta

I personally loved what you guys did with the server.

I played a Ninja on the Beta, here are some thought I have for that vocation.

The spells on Ninjas are absolutely fine. The only thing I sort of disliked is not being able to heal at your own will, yes it's nice for when you don't have a bot and you can sit there afk without worrying to die to a monster. I would've much rather had a spell to heal.

I hated how slow I was because of not having a Haste spell until level 300. And even then, Ninjas are based off of soul points, Making the Haste spell 20 Soul Points is kind of mehhh, But I can understand why it was done.

Another thing I disliked was the 200 Spell (Deadly Strike). Even though you have to aim it like Exori Vis from back in the day, I hit wayy too much. I could 2 shot a level 1024 Barbarian with half T3 half T2 set at level 650 with T2 set. To me that seems really broken. Maybe I'm just not used to Ninjas, or damage like this.

I noticed Ninjas are 100% useless in a fight unless you catch someone afk or off guard, and even them, if they dodge your Deadly Strike, insta popped. I think Ninjas are more of a farming / get eq / Weapon type of Vocation, hits fast and has endless sustain off of his passive.

These are my opinions, feel free to call me an idiot or say you know nothing, but I will stick to what I think.

Played Ninja on the beta test , and i have to disagree about the deadly strike (200) , why do you think he made it like exori vis? It might be pure raw power but it takes focus and skills to use it. So basically he gave us the greatest "Power". Depends on the player how you use it. :D

Even thought assassinate (50 or 100 cant remember) is a good way to use your soul reg and the spell most ninjas use to farm with, i felt like the soul reg is to slow. I know we are supposed to get soul reg (gems) to increase it, but i had like 3 gems inside my t4 dagger and even with that i had long pauses between each spell.

if i could suggest something, getting the evade spell back to ninjas would be good. Noticed that i was having a hard time farming thornback tortoise even at level 800 with half t3 set. Ninjas are fragile i know that but we should be able to to keep our own "fights", and not rely on other vocations for help.

Flicker Strike (500 spell) One of the spells i was literally saying YOLO in rl when i first used it, reminds me of Exori mas sin, back in madness ii. Although i didn't use Flicker that much i noticed it was doing good hits but slow to use it, the 3 sec cd could be changed to 2 sec cd, not sure if it would be to op but its worth a shot to try it.

BladeStorm : good effects, could be lowered to 10 or 12 soul.

other than that i liked the ninja class, it was one of the classes i felt was perfect for me.

Last edited:
oh my oh my I got to test the Illusionist ^_^ and i'd like to point out they are legit, the only thing i didnt really like was prismatic veil it just didnt seem to feel right to use and when i hit the higher areas it was almost more soul efficent to just spam mana coils with soul regen and almost do it forever it killed fast and didnt eat my soul for the amount of damage it was lacking, illusionist is a great class it needs abit of tweaking and i still havent found a use to using mindswap since even if i do aggro isnt on me and its still on my clone which makes it run away still

P.S didnt check if mindswap would make them attack my clone or not in pvp im speaking

I'm online on my phone didnt really read throught your posts til now :/ but yeh I was level 1750 in the end botting from 300-500 and then for 1-2 hours at toirtoise to get the eq that allowed me to sustain throught all the orcs and all spawns and actually give me the chance to report stuff, still sad people didnt understand why there was this beta.

- My thoughts of the server yet : [I PLAYED ELEMENTALIST]

First of all, The sever started and IMMEDIENTLY bitching started. It showed up how bitchy this community is. We did bosses and people spaamed coins on the corpse(its normal, but didnt do anything since the server has a autoloot system and we looted the monsters throught it without opening the corpse), These guys started raging and forced me to get my name changed immediently cause 4 guys were sitting on my ass for litterly 30 mins (?)

After getting throught a exhausting lvl 1-200 part (lvl 1 to 100 was fast and i enjoyed all the new things, the rest was uh 10 people at heroes 12 at warlocks where can i get 2 mobs a hour xD )
after i got 200 I started my job and explored. I got my whole t1 set from all the chests, already had the chance to get t2 items and combined them from the bosses me and blink killed together.
As to mention to my vocation, I had a spell(1. one) dmg, 2. one mainly used for the 2 secounds immunity do dmg on cast, the 3. one is a spell that regenerates my soul, the 4th gave me the possiblity to combine spells and use insane combos in and made me enjoy the vocation step by step even more. the lvl 500 spell was insane. just insane. a fire stance with a pretty huge aoe dmg and aoe dmg on cast. Each of the spells cost a HUGE chunk of soul which makes it close to impossible for me (very bad elfbot scripter) to get a script running to afk hunt with it so I just manualed most of the time. I explored and found bugs such as a T9 ring laying arround which i returned the minute I found it, enchanting gems(returned the exact ammount.), shawn didnt get it fixed fast enought and i returned them after every server save to make sure no one else picks them and shawn maybe doesnt notice. no need for powerchunks on the beta I think? :)

The map (in my honest opinion was good.) edrona gives a CHUNK of placed to exp. You dont see the breaking point: People set waypoints throught the ENTIRE goblin area, ENTIRE valkyries and ENTIRE spiders. This way other people just had no chance to come behind, felt even further behind and ended up not getting any exp since people just 1hit the monsters (such as shades did with theyre aoe and t2 set.)
I set my timers for bosses and started dominating the equipment base throught night wile i had t4 of basically everything (inclouding each weapon for all classes) before people reached t3 set and made it easy for me to check out the pvp of the server. I noticed a huge breaking point in the ammount of burst a elementalist can put out with shawn together and so he basically doubled every vocations hp / or mana which turned out as a very good decission.
It was kinda sad how people took stuff way to serious on a 2 days beta and totally went bitchmode about things like not giving them the items they want for legit reasons E.G whatever. theres always people like this.

The 500+ area was my area til lvl 1k and actually even til 1.3k since it was the easiest hunting place(i hunted tombs tho after 1.1k, not at the tortoise.

I enjoyed most of the people's mentality, I dislike the fact melee weapons had close to no worth since we had 4 people going meelee where 2 went sword 1 club 1 axe and they actually just bought up to tier 4 since peopel didnt have any use for those items. idk how but i felt like sellign daggers WAY faster than this :D

I enjoyed basically everything. from the lvl 1 start with the orbs the exp canes , the boss raids we organised, over to the (in my opinion) perfect balance of characters. Even with my 200k mana a ninja could burst me to 10% mana in 1 combo. this is insane. and not broken. since i can do the same to him. its timing, skill, and equipment that decides how you will go on the fights.

Thanks for the beta @ Shawn for organising it and @ Synthetic for leaving the states which probably led to the beta? xD

-Breakdown of Sanity
We were on your ass because you took my name lol you forget to include details of why things happen to make everybody look like they were useless.....

And Btw @Xagul we will talk about stuff me and a few others found. Don't feel a need to post here

We were on your ass because you took my name lol you forget to include details of why things happen to make everybody look like they were useless.....
When i pm'd you you said you dont care i took your name its about coining your loot ."your " loot since i was the owner xD you are full of shit.

When i pm'd you you said you dont care i took your name its about coining your loot ."your " loot since i was the owner xD you are full of shit.
Just putting this out there, the loot coined was 'technically' mine, that's why I was upset. It showed up the server log message :p but oh well.

Just putting this out there, the loot coined was 'technically' mine, that's why I was upset. It showed up the server log message :p but oh well.
it wont auto loot if it was your loot :) and i dont think your dmg was higher then 3 guys in a party and having the first tier eq helms and rings already ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back