• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i myself am glad to see for the most part it looks like this was a very successful beta, in the sense it looks like you have some solid feedback to work with, as well as the hundred glitches i reported and thousand im sure others did. i just hope the time gets taken to really work with and fix most of the things reported

i wont have the time of day till monday or so to do my final thoughts as im just getting out of work and tired as hell, and back in for 12 hours tomorrow.

just cant stress enough (and i know you guys will make it better but still) How painfully aggravating level 200 area was. it really seamed more of like a 6 person hunting zone.
1 in spiders, 1 in sewers, 1 around goblin mountain, 1 on goblin mountain, 2 in amazons.

also 1-200 was painful as a start because as i saw posted before, you would find like 6 people in warlocks, 5 in heros, 3 in skeletons, 5 in demons.. massively exp starved.

But i thankyou for letting me test, i tried to make myself useful when i wasnt working and ran around exploring doing a buncha bug reports each hour.
i am a complainer/bitcher i know it, you know it, who doesnt, but through that, you also get a form of feedback. my complains are Usually logical, sometimes just bitchy for sake of being bitchy, like that stupid 9 letter password.

i played archer but idk i felt that the 50 spell "Quick Shot' and the 500 Spell "Strafe" was to alike in both visual affects and dmg, there was a bit of a dmg gap between the 2 but rly i found no use for the spell tbh. If i used quick shot + 1 shot fro t4 bow my monster is dead, mean wile if im hunting a boss or something bigger i would use impact shot cuz that dmg beats everything. Strafe dose about 2-3k more dmg ( over time) than quick shot and thats just isnt worth the soul tbh. 200 spell the aoe one was rly cool and had high dps, i thought that spell might need a nurf, although i liked the dmg it did it can be over powering if u have that spamming in a place " maybe near temple" killing lowbies. Sniper Shot was fun to use, didnt find much use for it.

I enjoyed the vocation i played but once the real server or open beta comes out i'm afried i would not choose this vocation, This vocation also in some people eyes once they play other vocation, might be considered useless, shade is ranged and from what i saw / heard the dmg on a magic weapon users out dmged my spells, not to much of my bow cuz i did have a T4 but my set was full T2 t3 shield.

One thing I will add is I think that you guys should go back to the 7 pieces for upgrading tiers, maybe T1-T2 keep it at 3 pieces. I had a full T3 set, T4 weapon almost 2 T4 pieces finished by the end of the test, and I didn't even focus on getting EQ. Also had about 15 un used boss maps when the server crashed.

One thing I will add is I think that you guys should go back to the 7 pieces for upgrading tiers, maybe T1-T2 keep it at 3 pieces. I had a full T3 set, T4 weapon almost 2 T4 pieces finished by the end of the test, and I didn't even focus on getting EQ. Also had about 15 un used boss maps when the server crashed.

I believe the server should at the very least go to 4 of each item for upgrade in teir, not 3.

At 3 per item we have T1 items;
3 for T2
9 for T3
27 for T4
81 for T5
243 for T6
729 for T7
2,187 for T8
6,561 for T9
19,683 for T10
59,049 for T11
177,147 for T12

Vs Old Deathzot was
7 for T2
49 for T3
343 for T4
2401 for T5
16,807 for T6

If we look at the mid way point in power say, the 49 for T3 on Deathzot V1 would be equivalent to the 243 for T6 on Deathzot V2, it takes Much more to get the same power on the new zot, but that said, looting Teir is a hundred times easier, and the Endgame goal of say T6 on V1 vs T12 on V2, T12 takes a MASSIVE amount more pieces to acquire.

The power of having T3 sets was really only the equivalent of T2 set on V1, so its not like u were overpowered quickly.

but when server goes live, there will be soooooo many people on that the raw amount of Teir looted in Loot Orbs and Boss maps will be nuts, so i still believe 4 items per upgrade is more logical.

RIP BETA
And Btw @Xagul we will talk about stuff me and a few others found. Don't feel a need to post here
Bro you need to post here, so everyone can agree or disagree with what you say.... this is a open discussion.. so please post it

I just woke up a wile ago after I didnt sleep for the duration the beta was up only for 3 hours .. I dont know what to do with my life now. you should throw the server in for a few chosen ones to constantly try the improvements lol I would love to just check new areas asap they come out, I wouldnt even mind to play all vocations holy shit the server is perfect in my opinion. When this will be released theres actually for the ot community to not be shit anymore.

I played a Zealot. Decent voc does enough damage yet could tank some monsters. The spells were decent, I liked the Psi Shield during hunting didnt get to try it out in pvp. In my own opinion I think this voc is more of a tanky vocation. One of the spells I sorta liked was the Lightning Rush in order to get equipment/experience faster etc. On the other hand the mapping was great I cant really complain the spawns were to small because I wasn't on the first day as much at level 200. The only thing I really didnt like was the way you need 3 of the certain tier to upgrade a certain item, like others said. I felt like I was progressing threw the server to fast i played for about 4-6 hours and already had tier 2/tier 3 I think it would of been better if you needed the same item 7 times just in my opinion. Other then that it was a great experience.
-thanks for opportunity to play. ^_^

I don't think I will add any more areas to Enigma because there's a lot of hunting zones and they're usually only full for the first 5~ hours of the servers existence. I'm also going to add a few more areas to Edrona.

I played illusionist and i felt that mirror image was too easy to kill in pvp rendering me being Zed 2.0 useless (I could swap with image and confuse the shit out of ppl lmfao) I know u can just summon it again but soul regen isnt the best of things to rely on :/

I don't think I will add any more areas to Enigma because there's a lot of hunting zones and they're usually only full for the first 5~ hours of the servers existence. I'm also going to add a few more areas to Edrona.
shawn said he will talk with you and mybe reopen the beta, how did the talk go? or arent u back yet?

shawn said he will talk with you and mybe reopen the beta, how did the talk go? or arent u back yet?
From what i heard lastnight, he had the beta online for a few people but had Ports and shit changed so people from 1st beta couldn't join

I played illusionist and i felt that mirror image was too easy to kill in pvp rendering me being Zed 2.0 useless (I could swap with image and confuse the shit out of ppl lmfao) I know u can just summon it again but soul regen isnt the best of things to rely on :/

My saying, pls gift credit when due!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back