• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pets are removed and won't be coming back because there are now two vocations that can summon their own pets and we want that to be unique to those vocations

Jake also said Pets wouldnt be coming back, since when has jake been known for keeping his word.. Pets system was the worst idea for DEATHZOT ever. this isnt a pokemon server

Guess we can not expect a summoner vocation now, or if its still in the works can expect it to have no good reason to want to play it as everyone can have a stupid pet.

Not a huge fan of having pets that help out much because I felt that the vocations were already nearly perfectly balanced with the mobs as they are now. I wouldn't want a pet to undermine the importance of gear/level/vocation in the least bit. If it's already set in stone and they are being implemented in some way, it seems like giving a small % boost to the prestige perks that you already have points in when its "happy" wouldn't be so bad.

Not a fan of needing the hammer to upgrade gear. I can see using the hammer for the bonus items on the gear though as that is completely optional, but keeping the click-use to upgrade the gear.

OMFG PETS ARE IN? SUCKY SERVER OMFG DESTROYS ALL THE FUCKING FUN TO HAVE A PET STANDING THERE DEALIGN A BIT DMG AND DOIGN NOTHING THIS SUCK SO MUCH DEATHZOT IS NOT REAL ANYMORE FUCK THIS SERVER FUCK SYNTH FUCK SHAWN IM A FUCKING CUNT WHO HATES THIS SERVER FOR NO FUCKING REASON AND NOW YOU GAVE ME A REASON AGAIN HAH SHITSERVER OMG IM A FKING GUY WHO JUST TYPES SHIT BECAUSE MY NAME IS OABAMA OR THE OTEHR FAK OR REINGLASTING OR WHOEVER THE FUCK COMMENTS SHIT HERE 24/7 ASWELL HEH TOPPKEEEKKKK FUCK YOU SERVA NO PETS PLIS

this is what I expected when I was reading throught the last page. keep it goin

I don't wish to be a dick or anything but the way people are getting over a pet system is a bit much... I think they know what they are doing implementing a pet system, I think they have probably thought about it, thought it through rather than just throwing something at the server without having a clue what they are doing, the server is great right now, I'm sure if they've managed to cause this greatness they are able to add to it, not pull it down.

Ok first of all, you might have noticed that in my post about pets, I never once said you can choose it's attack or spell, or that it attacks or uses spells AT ALL. This was not a mistake, pets are completely cosmetic as of now, and the future plans are that they might be able to give you a small buff if you give them an ice cream. Aside from that, they are basically mobile deco that doesn't require a house to show off. Oh and you can love them and cuddle them and play with them and someday strap bombs to their chest when you get sick of them!

Like the Runic Smash change. Not too sure about the pet thing, will be fun to see how it works out tho.
Just hope it wont be to forced and will be removed if it dosn't work out.

EDIT; Just noticed pets is only cosmetic

The rewards from gear isn't going to get better as you upgrade the tier is it? I didn't like last dzot when ppl who were already geared were getting decent rewards from their equipment just to sell it to upgrade their gear more.

How do you even get ruinic smash lol? In the beta I never could figure out where it was located or how to get it o.o

Ok first of all, you might have noticed that in my post about pets, I never once said you can choose it's attack or spell, or that it attacks or uses spells AT ALL. This was not a mistake, pets are completely cosmetic as of now, and the future plans are that they might be able to give you a small buff if you give them an ice cream. Aside from that, they are basically mobile deco that doesn't require a house to show off. Oh and you can love them and cuddle them and play with them and someday strap bombs to their chest when you get sick of them!

Well we all know you are one of the gods of scripting so cant u make so u can have the pet as a backpack? Might be impossible tho could be like a extra Cap guy or something?

Like make it so it can carry a backpack

Well we all know you are one of the gods of scripting so cant u make so u can have the pet as a backpack? Might be impossible tho could be like a extra Cap guy or something?

Like make it so it can carry a backpack
Well for one, items don't weigh anything on deathzot (other than a standard backpack weight which will never be a problem for players) so it would be pointless, but aside from that I honestly have no idea how one would go about making a creature (the pet) into a container to store items... at any rate, it would at least require a custom client to add an "Open Inventory" option when right-clicking on the pet so in short, the answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back