• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated Info

W33dRoCks

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello everybody, this dedicated server can support with nothing lag and freeze on server save? and too one map on 93mb?

there is link, i will use Ubuntu 9.10 i think :/
Hetzner Online AG: Dedicated Server DS 5000

Thanks a lot, i wait for your suggetions
now i am are a windows on one server dedicated hosted on madrid (spain) with 10gb from ram and 1/2 Gbit from connection.

First of all, whether or not the server lags depends on how well you manage the server and the database. If you do a bad job, it will lag.
Linux and good server specifications is not a 100% foolproof guarantee it will work super-well.

Second of all, I do not suggest linux unless you got adequate knowledge in how to manage it. If you lack necessary knowledge, it will cause security problems.

Third, remember that you cannot run a windows-compiled .exe server in linux, you need to compile a linux distro on your own, unless it is available on this forum for download.

Well, the server can handle it. Would still suggest (Hardened) Gentoo Linux. And this server instead: Hetzner Online AG: Dedicated Server EQ 4

And German law require them to vertify that you are 18 or older. Otherwise the hosting company is responsible for everything you do on the server (or your parents if you manage to send them a contract that they take responsibility).

And German law require them to vertify that you are 18 or older. Otherwise the hosting company is responsible for everything you do on the server (or your parents if you manage to send them a contract that they take responsibility).

That sounds like a rather good thing, but the problem however, is that even if they take responsibility for things that can be a problem to him, it wouldn't prevent someone from hacking and messing with the OT server.

That sounds like a rather good thing, but the problem however, is that even if they take responsibility for things that can be a problem to him, it wouldn't prevent someone from hacking and messing with the OT server.

True, but it is also his/their fault for not securing it properly.

True, but it is also his/their fault for not securing it properly.

Exactly, thus why I suggested windows over linux. Linux is hard to secure if you do not know how to use it properly.

Back