• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discussion on scripts / systems / quests that you found to be interesting.

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Although we all have our own idea of fun, I'd like to discuss with the community what you all find fun/interesting.

As the title states I'm looking to discuss scripts/systems/quests that you have found to be interesting or thought would be interesting to test out.

The idea's presented here don't have to exist within tibia, or even exist at all.
They can be something you found, you saw on 'this ot back in 1439'.
They can be quest idea's, they can be a hunting system you enjoyed, they can be a simple pick-hole script that you found to be unique.

What I'm looking for is things you found and enjoyed.

My goal with this thread is 1 of 2 things.
Primary goal, find out what interests developers/players while playing a game.
Secondary goal, create a large-ish thread of unique/fun/interesting idea's to give inspiration to new/old developers.

I hope you'll all share your experiences with me. :p

Cheers!

Xikini

TL DR

» Mining system that allows resources to be collected. (Additional idea: Mining skill level.)
» Dynamic environment based upon character interaction/involvement. (Raids, bosses, hunting grounds, events)
» Seasonal activities/events/environment.
» Extra effects/animation for character states and achievements.

» Add unexpected events to quests.
» Daily rewards for returning and/or active players.
» Daily events. (raids, quests)
» Attribute system.

Last edited:
It's kinda lame but, back in the old days I used to play in a polish otserver (7.6~) that had a mining system pretty sick. Back then I used to only keep mining and then a player come and kill me and I kept loosing everything that I had mined. I never found anything similar like that system, because I have no idea on what search for. Maybe I'm giving too much value for my memory and the system really sux, if so I'm sorry.

It's kinda lame but, back in the old days I used to play in a polish otserver (7.6~) that had a mining system pretty sick. Back then I used to only keep mining and then a player come and kill me and I kept loosing everything that I had mined. I never found anything similar like that system, because I have no idea on what search for. Maybe I'm giving too much value for my memory and the system really sux, if so I'm sorry.
No this is a perfect example of what I'm looking for. :p
The mining system allowed you use use a pick on rocks scattered throughout the world, and allowed you to collect resources?
I'm going to put a TL :DR in my first post of all idea's/memories. :p

enhanced respawn system
raids based on extra criterias not just a scheduled event

- power of players on certain area (ie.a team gonna always face a boss and/or auto increase the hunt difficult)
- random events/acts in server pulling the trigger to a raid
- seasonal spawn (suposed to be easier to configure than existing raid system and not a single spawn but actually a hunting place)
- character gender, outfit, vocation, level, items
- increase/decrease respawn based on how long a player/team is hunting
- simple random wave of stronger monsters

hunting is so boooooooooring

enhanced respawn system
raids based on extra criterias not just a scheduled event

- power of players on certain area (ie.a team gonna always face a boss and/or auto increase the hunt difficult)
- random events/acts in server pulling the trigger to a raid
- seasonal spawn (suposed to be easier to configure than existing raid system and not a single spawn but actually a hunting place)
- character gender, outfit, vocation, level, items
- increase/decrease respawn based on how long a player/team is hunting
- simple random wave of stronger monsters

hunting is so boooooooooring
Put simply, a dynamic environment based upon character interaction/involvement.
Interesting and always fun for players for sure.
And yes, hunting/grinding is always very tedious. :p

Last edited:
Atributes system : hp - mana regen, some fast attack, life steal etc.
Some extra magic effect on lvl up, maybe some extra magic effect when hp/mana regen is faster?
Easy to obtain outfits and addons.
Try to edit existing quest, add some 1 or 2 more things to do, some traps or invisible teleports, something different than now.
Daily raids, daily random rewards for online players.
Add some movement in city, add couple npc walking through the city, talking some shiits.

Atributes system : hp - mana regen, some fast attack, life steal etc.
Some extra magic effect on lvl up, maybe some extra magic effect when hp/mana regen is faster?
Easy to obtain outfits and addons.
Try to edit existing quest, add some 1 or 2 more things to do, some traps or invisible teleports, something different than now.
Daily raids, daily random rewards for online players.
Add some movement in city, add couple npc walking through the city, talking some shiits.
Extra effects/animation for character states and achievements.
Add unexpected events to quests.
Daily rewards for returning and/or active players.
Daily events. (raids, quests)
Attribute system.

Easier to obtain addons/items. I think this is more of an opinion and not really something a developer can work with.
I do agree that we should be rewarding players for commitment and/or enjoying the content within a server, but I don't agree that we should make content easier to complete/obtain.
Making content easy to complete/obtain reduces the thrill of actually progressing within the game in my opinion.

Thank you for your contribution to the thread!

Last edited:
No this is a perfect example of what I'm looking for. :p
The mining system allowed you use use a pick on rocks scattered throughout the world, and allowed you to collect resources?
I'm going to put a TL :DR in my first post of all idea's/memories. :p
You were able to mine medium stones, stones, and big ones and stones that look like spikes. But you had to start mining the small ones and they loot small diamonds, precious stones, etc. Then when you get the ability you could mine crystal coins. I can't find any of this in google, so I'm pretty sure that I'm missing something.
But yeah :D, a mining system should be a cool thing nowadays.

Please... for the love of God I need to see an improved enchant/item find system. I can't stand all of these servers that use the same old shitty and near useless item enchantment systems.
This is why I hate 99% of the random item stat systems used on OTs.
  • The enchants are useless for mages/paladins. Knights are the only ones who really benefit. The only thing mages/paladins sometimes have is "increased accuracy or ranged" which doesn't do much compared to what knights gets.
  • The systems use percent values which makes low-mid game enchants pointless and it only starts getting somewhat useful late game when items have higher base values.
  • The percent values themselves are pretty low to the point where you can't even see a difference. "OMG I got 10% attack speed on my weapon!!!" but it's not like you can actually see the difference...
  • The only thing people ever care about with this type of system is the weapon cause the enchants on equipment is not noticeable and all you really get is more defense.. which doesn't do much.
  • Percent attack is obviously better the higher base attack your weapon has. Knight weapons have much higher base values compared to bows/crossbows which have low base values. (therefore its much more efficient for a knight).
I've noticed that people have released free item find systems so that's what most people resort to and I hate it so much. I see the same exact thing in 99% of the servers and it's so outdated. I really want to see a more balanced and well thought-out random item stat system. Something that benefits ALL the vocations in various ways. I also want to see more creative enchants... because the % attack, attack speed, and defense are extremely basic and dull.

Personally one of the most exciting goals in Tibia or any game I play is when there is a well developed and creative item find system. I really enjoy being able to hunt on monsters for hours non-stop and then end up finding some legendary piece of equipment with crazy stats (not just some %defense or attack bullshit)... I'm talking about some cool and interesting stats. Things like %hp/mp, crit chance/damage, dodge, elemental resistances, special abilities, enchants that increase certain spell damage or reduce mana costs... enchants like that is what makes items interesting.

TL;DR
A more creative and well thought-out item stat system.

Another one that I remembered now: monsters with level.
Now you can make a dungeon or lair with the same monsters but their strength is enhanced! The loot should also be increased. If your level is somewhat higher than the monster level you get some percentage of his regular EXP and no or less loot.
Now the players can't keep hunting in a place that was meant to be for low levels of a really easy to kill and profitable monster!
If you want to hunt that kind of monster you have to find a lair for your level or higher and face the dangers of death!
Low and mid level players don't need to worry about pissing some high level off and still can hunt a good kind of monster.

Now you can make a dungeon or lair with the same monsters but their strength is enhanced! The loot should also be increased. If your level is somewhat higher than the monster level you get some percentage of his regular EXP and no or less loot.
Now the players can't keep hunting in a place that was meant to be for low levels of a really easy to kill and profitable monster!
If you want to hunt that kind of monster you have to find a lair for your level or higher and face the dangers of death!
Low and mid level players don't need to worry about pissing some high level off and still can hunt a good kind of monster.
top it off with items with levels (the better item level the better stats it can have)
And you my friend have a system what can automatically generate content.

Beats me why nobody still not making such a server.

I've always wanted to create a democratic system of community management.
The vision is that players would be able to escalate and de-escalate the 'management power' that an individual has based on a vote system. The management power would have to be applied slowly over a period of time, giving players the ability to see first hand the results of their democratic appointments before choosing to either vote them higher, lower or out of power all together.
In addition to this, some 'commands' may require the approval of other players that have been granted management power.

This would require additional player groups and changes to the current command set or entirely new commands specifically for purpose.

Please... for the love of God I need to see an improved enchant/item find system. I can't stand all of these servers that use the same old shitty and near useless item enchantment systems.
This is why I hate 99% of the random item stat systems used on OTs.
  • The enchants are useless for mages/paladins. Knights are the only ones who really benefit. The only thing mages/paladins sometimes have is "increased accuracy or ranged" which doesn't do much compared to what knights gets.
  • The systems use percent values which makes low-mid game enchants pointless and it only starts getting somewhat useful late game when items have higher base values.
  • The percent values themselves are pretty low to the point where you can't even see a difference. "OMG I got 10% attack speed on my weapon!!!" but it's not like you can actually see the difference...
  • The only thing people ever care about with this type of system is the weapon cause the enchants on equipment is not noticeable and all you really get is more defense.. which doesn't do much.
  • Percent attack is obviously better the higher base attack your weapon has. Knight weapons have much higher base values compared to bows/crossbows which have low base values. (therefore its much more efficient for a knight).
I've noticed that people have released free item find systems so that's what most people resort to and I hate it so much. I see the same exact thing in 99% of the servers and it's so outdated. I really want to see a more balanced and well thought-out random item stat system. Something that benefits ALL the vocations in various ways. I also want to see more creative enchants... because the % attack, attack speed, and defense are extremely basic and dull.

Personally one of the most exciting goals in Tibia or any game I play is when there is a well developed and creative item find system. I really enjoy being able to hunt on monsters for hours non-stop and then end up finding some legendary piece of equipment with crazy stats (not just some %defense or attack bullshit)... I'm talking about some cool and interesting stats. Things like %hp/mp, crit chance/damage, dodge, elemental resistances, special abilities, enchants that increase certain spell damage or reduce mana costs... enchants like that is what makes items interesting.

TL;DR
A more creative and well thought-out item stat system.
Item enchantment/enhancement system.
Creative item find system.
I feel both are a separate topics altogether although depending on how you create them, they can be merged together.

Item finding, is basically how you can find items.
In any given inventory environment I can only think of 2 ways to find/receive an item.
Direct placement of item into inventory. (quest chests, npcs, reward systems)
Players decision to move an item into inventory. (monster loot drops, items scattered on the ground or inside of containers.)

Item enhancement systems can be anything that affects a base item.
Base item's attributes being altered, either positively or negatively. (increasing/decreasing, def/atk/s.atk/dist/crit/arm/pen/et cetera)
Special attributes being added or remove from an item. (anything 'special' (fire trail / gender swap / vocation change / s.atk / crit / pen / hp/mana (value/percent/cost) / dodge / new spells / unequipable / et cetera)
Special effects while item is equipped / not equipped / in inventory / on the ground. (fire trail / sparkles / damaging / visually turns into werewolf / et cetera)

The base idea is there, it's just how many you want to create and far you can let your imagination go. :rolleyes:
Not everything that happens inside of the game needs to be beneficial to the player or even useful. :p
I think having fun with your scripts and server/game should be the most important part.
While becoming stronger is definitely one way to have fun, there are many other ways to have fun as well.

Thank you for your insight. It's definitely good to hear.

I believe this is called 'instances'.
You can create this one of two ways.
Either create a new environment for each player, or re-use the same environment, but only allow one group of players inside at a time and/or allow infinite players inside, but only create the items/monsters based on the first player to enter.
With the second option, you could also create it so everyone is in the same environment, but can only interact with items/entities within their 'spectrum'.
Meaning.. everyone is in the same place but each see their own items/monsters.

Definitely interesting.

top it off with items with levels (the better item level the better stats it can have)

Saw this after, but yes an item drop system based upon character level would definitely be interesting.
I've always wanted to create a democratic system of community management.
The vision is that players would be able to escalate and de-escalate the 'management power' that an individual has based on a vote system. The management power would have to be applied slowly over a period of time, giving players the ability to see first hand the results of their democratic appointments before choosing to either vote them higher, lower or out of power all together.
In addition to this, some 'commands' may require the approval of other players that have been granted management power.

This would require additional player groups and changes to the current command set or entirely new commands specifically for purpose.
So pretty much create a player government?
This would require a very dedicated group of players, but an interesting idea as well.

First thing you'd want to look at;
What can/will these individuals be able to do?
Then ask, when can they do this?
Then ask, how will they do this?
Then ask, depending on seat power, can they do it alone, or require multiple votes from the different seats of power?

Beyond the individual tasks/responsibilities, how often will the seats of power be re-created?
How can you influence the decision of a player to cast their vote?
Will you force players to vote for someone, or will it be optional?

So many questions and answers required. :p

Indeed :p It's an idea I want to flesh out at some point and ultimately create an RPG revolving around the system.
Unfortunately at the moment I am struggling to find time for my current project =[

http://spectrum.no-ip.org/?subtopic=latestnews

Items have level, attributes and tiers. Monsters have level, mining system, instanced dungeons (not real instances tho) and pretty much everything said in this topic so far LOL.

This is kinda funny actually.

Sorry for the free advertisement

Items have level, attributes and tiers. Monsters have level, mining system, instanced dungeons (not real instances tho) and pretty much everything said in this topic so far LOL.

Ironically the server I'm working on has most of these features as well, as well as many not mentioned.
But the point of the discussion is not to compare what is currently available on the market, but what players find interesting or fun to be included in the gameplay. :p

Last edited:
Ironically the server I'm working on has most of these features as well, as well as many not mentioned.
But the point of the discussion is not to compare what is currently available on the market, but what players find interesting or fun to be included in the gameplay. :p
Yes I just said that because people were actually talking as there was no server with those features and I'm pretty sure there are some others with them too. You just gotta look for them.

Can that named server create 100 new items, monsters, spells, missions, tasks, etc under 1 minute of coding?
If not then it's not what I meant by server what automatically generates content.

Having level on items or monsters is just a feature.

Item enchantment/enhancement system.
Creative item find system.
I feel both are a separate topics altogether although depending on how you create them, they can be merged together.

Item finding, is basically how you can find items.
In any given inventory environment I can only think of 2 ways to find/receive an item.
Direct placement of item into inventory. (quest chests, npcs, reward systems)
Players decision to move an item into inventory. (monster loot drops, items scattered on the ground or inside of containers.)

Item enhancement systems can be anything that affects a base item.
Base item's attributes being altered, either positively or negatively. (increasing/decreasing, def/atk/s.atk/dist/crit/arm/pen/et cetera)
Special attributes being added or remove from an item. (anything 'special' (fire trail / gender swap / vocation change / s.atk / crit / pen / hp/mana (value/percent/cost) / dodge / new spells / unequipable / et cetera)
Special effects while item is equipped / not equipped / in inventory / on the ground. (fire trail / sparkles / damaging / visually turns into werewolf / et cetera)

The base idea is there, it's just how many you want to create and far you can let your imagination go. :rolleyes:
Not everything that happens inside of the game needs to be beneficial to the player or even useful. :p
I think having fun with your scripts and server/game should be the most important part.
While becoming stronger is definitely one way to have fun, there are many other ways to have fun as well.

Thank you for your insight. It's definitely good to hear.

I believe this is called 'instances'.
You can create this one of two ways.
Either create a new environment for each player, or re-use the same environment, but only allow one group of players inside at a time and/or allow infinite players inside, but only create the items/monsters based on the first player to enter.
With the second option, you could also create it so everyone is in the same environment, but can only interact with items/entities within their 'spectrum'.
Meaning.. everyone is in the same place but each see their own items/monsters.

Definitely interesting.

Saw this after, but yes an item drop system based upon character level would definitely be interesting.

So pretty much create a player government?
This would require a very dedicated group of players, but an interesting idea as well.

First thing you'd want to look at;
What can/will these individuals be able to do?
Then ask, when can they do this?
Then ask, how will they do this?
Then ask, depending on seat power, can they do it alone, or require multiple votes from the different seats of power?

Beyond the individual tasks/responsibilities, how often will the seats of power be re-created?
How can you influence the decision of a player to cast their vote?
Will you force players to vote for someone, or will it be optional?

So many questions and answers required. :p
Yes, it can be done like that too.
I was thinking more like, everybody sees the monster with X level, but if you have more level than the monster and try to kill it you get less EXP and no or less loot.
That way you can't get level in a place "too easy" for you.
But with "instances" that should work too!

Friendly bump so people during 'peak hours' might see the thread. :oops:

Back