• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion] The Circle of Vocations, The Druid

Jonas Bruh

ME > U - SUP?
Reaction score
The Druid

This post is somewhat of a "continuation" of what Ray has started (here) about how broken, I guess you could say, some of the classes in Cyntara are.

As Ray did, I'm going to give you a brief summary about my knowledge behind Cyntaran history.

I've played since Cyntara 1.0, and I was immediately drawn to make a mage after reviewing the donatable awards. I played Jonas Bruh (in the OG Bruh gang) as a Sorcerer. Moving on, I didn't really play Cyntara 2.0. But, in Cyntara 3.0 and the introduction to the Rebirth system, I was drawn to making a paladin, Murder. During the beginnings of this version, Paladin's were super overpowered. Then, they got super miss chance nerfed etc etc.. With all of this being said, I'm no random off of the street and I'm sure my reputation on this server preceeds that.

Before I begin, I want to tell you that in this post I'm going to try to pick apart the division between the Sorcerer and Druid classes, if any. In Cyntara 4.0 I decided to play a Druid hoping for some what of a distinction in the class, however I was sadly mistaken and a little taken back as to how favored the Sorcerer is over the Druid. Using an excerpt from Ray's post, I'll do this to the best of my abilities and maybe give a few suggestions to give Druid's a name for themselves.

Why would someone want to play a mage?
1.They're ranged
a. Consisting of Holy /Death/Energy/Frost/Fire/Poison(lol)
b. Long range/Fast hitting Wand
2.They have enough HP to survive one person shooting at them, and a bajillion mana.
3.They have Mana potions (Healing mana )
4.ParaMAX, Constantly keeping someone paralyzed moving slow.
5.Tripple Overtime, 40 dollar beast sudden death rune
6.Drunk/Anti-Drunk, Ability to make someone drunk therefore walking randomly, and with a donated item, able to prevent drunkness.
7.Ability to summon, Summoning two monsters (Berserk Pyro Elements) ableing an additional 1000-3000 Damage or so on top of their DPS.
8.Energy Beams, AOE damage, and able to spam. [SkullCracker the exevo rai hur, and you’ll get pwned.]
9.Grow Weed (Druids only, Exevo grav vita), Enabling a longer lasting/useful temporary wall.
10.Mana transfer (Exito sio “name), Lets transfer a lot of mana to a dying teammate.
11.Combo move, consisting of a super powerful energy beam that can be shot diagonal or strait. OR a massive explosion hitting frost damage.
12.Excessive fire protection.

All of these abilities are what Sorcerers and Druids share as a whole... But if I wanted to play a Sorcerer, I would have made a sorcerer. Let's see what makes a Druid truly unique.

Druid:
1.) They have a heal target spell that soaks the healers mana, but it heals just as much as a curaga rune. Understandable.

2.) Wild Growth, which gives us a slight advantage in pvp as an obsticle that has double the time of an mwall. Unless, of course your enemy has a druid's nighmare (machete) and cuts it down. Which nine times out of ten, this happens. But, once again this is understandable. (As he posted above)

3.) I can make poison bomb runes?

Putting that into perspective, the two "different" classes are essentially one in the same. I've always envisioned the Druid to be a supportive class. The ultimate class to be able to assist your teammates while throwing out damage. I have a couple of suggestions that could maybe give a little more distinction to this class.

1.) Give druids a heal overtime ability that wouldn't last long and make it unstackable. For instance, I would say "exura res sio 'Ooth". Ooth would get a 1k heal every .5 seconds for 2.5 seconds. I believe this is reasonable, because it heals more than him healing himself, and it's nowhere near as strong as a Curaga. (Maybe make it a rai spell that takes Soul?)

2.) Give druids more distinctive offensive abilities, rather than just letting us e-wave or giving us more sorcerer spells. Make poison more exclusive to the Druid! I've never used terra hur on this server, why is it even in the game? Maybe give us a monster to use it on! This wouldn't be broken in PVP either, because someone would have to choose between Nightmare coats protecting them from getting pumped by poison damage, or their regular armor that gives them hp/mana.

2a.) Alternatively, you could, instead of redesigning poison damage for druids, implement strong ice attacks. Wave spells, rai spells etc. It would be our energy-like abilities that sorcerers have.

3.) MAKE PARALYZE FOR DRUIDS ONLY. I've, personally, never played any other server that allows sorcerers to use paralyze. I was a little bewildered when I found out that the rest of the team could paralyze enemies, making my class that much more unneeded.

4.) Give us an ability to use on someone being focused that would temporarily reduce physical damage by a certain percentage. This would make druids NECESSARY for end-game boss fights as they hit VERY hard.

Red, it's time for a change! Give us the edge and distinction that you want your server to have!
Make our class proud.

Please leave any healthy criticism, please. (Don't turn this into a flame thread -.-')

Thanks,
Jonas Bruh [OG Bruh, til the day I die.]

Last edited:
I told Chan myself that druids being able to vis hur and such was a gaybar idea. Sorcerers are the offensive ones, give druids maybe one attack spell but more of what they're used for.

I believe druids should only be able to paralyze, i totally agree.

Jonas my bruh! , i like this too xP

edit** i was going to do a druid one also, but i fell asleep typing it

I very much agree with this.

Druids being the only class to paralyze makes them more valuable in battle

Back
Top Bottom