• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

**fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

Reaction score
Why are you still filtering that site?
It's still the largest OT site and has the most OT resources available. The fact that we can't link back there because the site's filtered means we can't link to most resources, and it's a pain to repost everything.

Just remove it from the filter already, k? I know there's some bad blood between your site and theirs, but it's stupid to block them and make more troubles for your users just over that.

We'll unfilter it when they unfilter the word 'otland'. They're blocking the site which has the most TFS (one of the distributions which is still being updated and one of the most used) resources available.

I see no reason to allow links redirect to their forum when OtLand links at their forum gets filtered.

Oh, they still have OTLand filtered too? I'll make a post on **Fans then.

edit: Done.

Last edited:
Last time I checked it was still filtered (few weeks ago), I'll check again now and edit this post.

EDIT: It's still filtered.

Well, I just made my post. Stupid immature people... -___-

What'd you do that was bad enough for them to filter your site anyways?

We just grew, and he didn't release TFS there anymore I think? ;p They have all rights to be jelous...

We just grew, and he didn't release TFS there anymore I think? ;p They have all rights to be jelous...

Well, they banned him. He can't really release it there even if he wanted to... :p

I believe it was for "copying their forum structure", the forum structure we're using right now is the result of a discussion in our staff board how we could improve it, it's not copied from any other forum, and most boards are just the "basics" of a forum structure such as the Community section, or the Designers area.

I believe it was for "copying their forum structure", the forum structure we're using right now is the result of a discussion in our staff board how we could improve it, it's not copied from any other forum, and most boards are just the "basics" of a forum structure such as the Community section, or the Designers area.

You're kidding, right? >_<
Even when I first registered here it was still pretty different.

Even if you did, that's a compliment. I'd be flattered and kindly ask you to change it a little.

You're kidding, right? >_<
Even when I first registered here it was still pretty different.

Even if you did, that's a compliment. I'd be flattered and kindly ask you to change it a little.

It's what Yorick told me in a private message before I got banned.

After filtering 'otland' they've been baning around everybody who had a link to otland in their profile, signatures or even posts.

Yorick said:
Really, them blocking us or not has nothing to do with it and is of no value. The site was blocked because of spamming and DDOS'ing of various members of this site by the childish staff of the site you're talking about, unless we've got reason to believe this kind of crap is not going to happen again I'm not even going to consider it.

Besides that, the site we're talking about here still is an at least 90% clone of our setup of forums, not giving us much trust either.

Well, he mentioned that in a post too.
Also, will that stuff continue to happen? :p

Well, he mentioned that in a post too.
Also, will that stuff continue to happen? :p

He's right about that some of their staff got attacked, but I've not attacked anyone of them after that they bannned me which was sometime after the summer '07, so the answer is no, it won't continue to happen.

He's right about that some of their staff got attacked, but I've not attacked anyone of them after that they bannned me which was sometime after the summer '07, so the answer is no, it won't continue to happen.

Didn't think so. If everything's done and over, they should continue as if it never happened.

Didn't think so. If everything's done and over, they should continue as if it never happened.

Well, would you just go on like nothing happened if someone kept stabbing you in the face for a week and after that just act normally? I probably wouldn't ;)

Well, would you just go on like nothing happened if someone kept stabbing you in the face for a week and after that just act normally? I probably wouldn't ;)

If that someone then drove me to the hospital and paid most of my hospital bills and afterwards harbored no bad will towards me? I'd probably forgive that someone after kicking his ass.

Besides, it wasn't the site that's been DDoSing and such; it's been the members of the site. I'd have expected the ****** administrators to have more maturity than the higher ups of an urban street gang, dammit.

Last edited:
In the Past i supported fans with the "war" against Talaturen but in that time i dident even know the real story, After that an friend of mine told me the story i started reading on Fans about Tala. And my friend was completely right Tala dident do anything wrong he just wanted his right. I have been banned on fans because i came up for tala, altought it wassent that mutch.

I don't give two shits about what happened back then. Mostly because it doesn't involve me; but also because it happened over half a year ago and has nothing to do with anything that's going on right now.

As for my take on that, I don't deny that the administration at **Fans must've done something to piss Tala off, but I also believe that the stuff that Tala pulled was completely unnecessary and made things alot harder for people who had done nothing to him; which to me is a selfish and completely unforgivable act.

I am still banned on it U.u For the very good reason:Advertising for otland in the IRC Channel lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back