• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Argardh : Knights of Tibia 19 DECEMBER 18:00 CET

If there's not enough interest shown in the December Team-Tournament before the end of October it will be scrapped and the 500$ reserved for the tournament will go to events and tournaments after the official launch on 19 December.

We will need at least 4 teams of 5 that by the end of October have signed up for the 100% free to play and donation free 500$ prize team-tournament.

The event/game will be online for 1 week with high-rates and end in a battleground team-tournament with teams of 5.

Im having a vacation from Argardh so feel free to help bump this thread if you see it falling off too far(i bumped it 1 week last time and only on page 2 so, obviously not much activity here on OTland atm anyways but some help would be appreciated).

edit:

14359221_303255190053843_2078337240428455481_n.jpg

Last edited:
If there's not enough interest shown in the December Team-Tournament before the end of October it will be scrapped and the 500$ reserved for the tournament will go to events and tournaments after the official launch on 19 December.

We will need at least 4 teams of 5 that by the end of October have signed up for the 100% free to play and donation free 500$ prize team-tournament.

The event/game will be online for 1 week with high-rates and end in a battleground team-tournament with teams of 5.

Im having a vacation from Argardh so feel free to help bump this thread if you see it falling off too far(i bumped it 1 week last time and only on page 2 so, obviously not much activity here on OTland atm anyways but some help would be appreciated).
Just release :D = more interest.

On the registration page - "The staff can delete, ban, do whatever they want with your account and your
submitted information. (Including exposing and logging your IP)."

Yes, well obviously, but stating it just makes you sound like an asshole. Why would we want to play a server where you basically say your "staff" can abuse their power at any time without repercussion? Lol, not even remotely interested.

On the registration page - "The staff can delete, ban, do whatever they want with your account and your

Yes, well obviously, but stating it just makes you sound like an asshole. Why would we want to play a server where you basically say your "staff" can abuse their power at any time without repercussion? Lol, not even remotely interested.

I prefer having my players read something plain and simple in 1 sentence then having them ignore a 50 sentence explanation of standard procedures. CIP aswell as all OTs have the same rules, as far as I know.

I also have 0 staff atm so doubt there will be any problems ;)

But if you want I can make some kind of offer upon Launch.. like if you pay for a premium account you get this for free:

70764_1221602187.jpg

I prefer having my players read something plain and simple in 1 sentence then having them ignore a 50 sentence explanation of standard procedures. CIP aswell as all OTs have the same rules, as far as I know.

I also have 0 staff atm so doubt there will be any problems ;)

But if you want I can make some kind of offer upon Launch.. like if you pay for a premium account you get this for free:

70764_1221602187.jpg

I don't know from what planet you come from, here on Earth the standard is the reverse.

It's an unedited Znote/Halfaway page btw, even though ive had another guy react the same way I can't really see the urge to change it before launch.

@Peonso .. what is standard on earth? What exactly would the reverse be? That the player/user have the right to.. share his information? Ban GMs? Ban himself? Please explain.

"The staff can delete, ban, do whatever they want with your account and your

This is not the same as

where you basically say your "staff" can abuse their power at any time without repercussion?

Just because the user can get deleted or banned by a GM does in no way mean GMs can "abuse their power at any time without repercussion".. in no way. Not even in a made-up fantasy-language of your own.

It's an unedited Znote/Halfaway page btw, even though ive had another guy react the same way I can't really see the urge to change it before launch.

@Peonso .. what is standard on earth? What exactly would the reverse be? That the player/user have the right to.. share his information? Ban GMs? Ban himself? Please explain.

This is not the same as

Just because the user can get deleted or banned by a GM does in no way mean GMs can "abuse their power at any time without repercussion".. in no way. Not even in a made-up fantasy-language of your own.

Reading information. It should be protected. You are actually threatening the subscriber to expose him.

"The staff can delete, ban, do whatever they want with your account and your

This is not a threat, just a very plain and simple explanation of what owner/staff of a service can/will do if for example a user is busted hacking, selling heroin, mass-botting perhaps?

This is literally what you agree upon WHATEVER you do on internet - wheter it is registering an e-mail, a steam-account, OTLand account etc etc.

You submit an e-mail(that doesn't even require verification) and a password. Just what "sensitive personal information" are you worried about?? Get off facebook and all social media sites to start with if you're worried about this shit. Then perhaps before worrying about me exposing your fake e-mail adress to(who? OTLand??) someoe you should even quit on OTLand as they have tons more information about you already.

So, see you irl I guess.. farewell

This is not a threat, just a very plain and simple explanation of what owner/staff of a service can/will do if for example a user is busted hacking, selling heroin, mass-botting perhaps?

This is literally what you agree upon WHATEVER you do on internet - wheter it is registering an e-mail, a steam-account, OTLand account etc etc.

You submit an e-mail(that doesn't even require verification) and a password. Just what "sensitive personal information" are you worried about?? Get off facebook and all social media sites to start with if you're worried about this shit. Then perhaps before worrying about me exposing your fake e-mail adress to(who? OTLand??) someoe you should even quit on OTLand as they have tons more information about you already.

So, see you irl I guess.. farewell

Again, here on Earth, the general rule is that sensitive information is protected, any kind of terms of agreement will state specifically in what conditions any kind of information can be shared, and with who. You are being generic about what will be shared, and when. The argument is pointless anyway, is not like it's anything serious here, or any real company involved, it's just a random Tibia pirate server. But as @Tristan Polaris pointed it sound like an asshole, you are plain wrong, being delusional and not getting your facts straight.

Again, here on Earth, the general rule is that sensitive information is protected, any kind of terms of agreement will state specifically in what conditions any kind of information can be shared, and with who. You are being generic about what will be shared, and when.

Umm.. plain wrong? No, i'm 100% plain right haha.. you can't say "You're right, but, you should put your words in cotton" and at the same time say "you're plain wrong".

The argument is pointless anyway, is not like it's anything serious here, or any real company involved, it's just a random Tibia pirate server.

Exactly.

Again, blame Znote for being an asshole / great writer, not me.. even though I wish I could take credit for it :)

Economy

Some texts I just re-wrote for posting today 03/10. Some of the things here are planned to be introduced to the game in March/April next year when there is an established player-economy. Rare-items and magic runes for example will at the start of the game be sold by NPCs but prices will eventually be raised so much so that players will stop trade with NPCs and once they do the possibility of doing it will be taken away.

Runes and Items:

NPC's will not buy or sell any runes (except perhaps the most simple) - Which will re-create the lost Rune-market and the need for "rune-burning" magicians(Aswell as give a well-needed boost for the 'Druid', as they now can get paid well for magic leveling burning and selling 'Ultimate healing rune'.

Rare Items = Knightset /firesword and above

Great Items = The best of Tibias items: Magic Sword, Giant Sword, E-plate, Golden Helmet etc.

Unique Items = Items that are unique, there are no other of the same kind. Almost only from Tibia is the cylopmania sword, almost all other uniques are from Argardh.

While most are valuable rings and amulets, some will be the mightiest of weapons and armors in the game. Except the few uniques that are rewarded to Beta-players these items will be rewarded to players winning tournaments, wars and different kinds of events during the first year of gameplay. The items value/power will vary, but the value/power of an item will basically be decided by the number of players participating in the event/competition.

The main reason why this is important to do over a long period of time(1 year) instead of a short one is to make sure the items are distributed to as many different players as possible. This is very important to make sure the market of these items cannot be manipulated or abused by 1 big trader. If for example the ownership of all the unique-items is divided to 100 players equally they will together have the common interest of seeing the value of their items raised. Thus, it is of highest interest for all these players to make sure the entire economy is protected and growing.

Decreased Drop/Loot-rate to counter-act Inflation

Droprates will start at 2.0(200%) and go down to 1.0(100%) over the course of 1 year. This will act as a shield against inflation. Inflation means that money(goldcoin) loses value(purchasing power) over time. This is caused by an increasing amount of money/goldcoin.

Goldcoin is generated in the game every time a player kills a monster, sells equipment to NPCs or loot treasures. The only time that goldcoin is destroyed is when players buy from NPCs(Potions, runes, equipment etc). Since there's more goldcoin being created than being destroyed the total amount of goldcoin thus increases - which decreases the value of each and every already existing goldcoin.

Also, ofcourse, the first 3 month of a new server the amount of gold being farmed/accumulated is extremely low compared to that of a server after 1 year when everyone is high-level with good equipment.

But with a decrease in gold and loot being dropped from monsters - the early players will earn a lot more(2x)
from killing a monster. This also gives a very welcomed boost to the start of the server as the startup of any server is always extra intense and fun to play.

This does not mean that goldcoin will be a better investment than rares. The effects of the decreased droprate will also influence the droprate of rares and items, which means - There will be a lot less rares dropped(50% less) after the 1 year period has ended. This means, if the server is not experiencing a high increase in players at that time (which it most likely is not), that all items and gold will together experience deflation(increase of value) instead of inflation.

Wait, what? Deflation, against what?

Against the rl-$$, ofcourse. It is the exact same principles. Less items/gold being created = The existing ones increase in value.

The way this can reward the players for just playing is really interesting to say the least. No longer will you
lose value(which in essence means losing time and work) by just being a little inactive or taking a break but instead you might even early on see the items and goldcoins you posess increase in value, steadily, by deflation alone.

To counteract inflation we will also manipulate the prices of potions and other consumables - to make sure that goldcoin is constantly being deleted/"burned" at a good rate and thus taken off the market and increasing the value of the existing goldcoin.

Trading

Using a simple buy-here sell-there NPC-system it is now possible to generate money by just running back and forth buying and selling 'Goods'. The cost is the work put in doing just that - running back and forth, aswell as the risks of being robbed and killed. Example: The player buys his 'Goods' at 'Point A' for 1.0 and sells it at 'Point B' for 1.05.

There will be 3 'Goods' to start with:

Fish:

Small but safe profit. Can also sell self-fished fish for money.

Coal:

Making a good profit here will require bag-pushing. This means you can basically trade as much as your purse allows in just 1 run but the chances of being robbed is drastically higher.

Gems:
Buy in Faraway and transport back to Siath-city. High danger but big reward. Weekly-event(Gems are sold by NPC in Faraway 1 hour every week).

Could swear it said MARS for a second. :p

Anyway ...
Meanwhile ...
Back in Arsgardh ...

That feeling when you're locked out the City ...
U2xabxA.png

<3 old school

Tristrum will be the new "New Game"-village so you should expect more closed-gates, levers and traps in the city in the future :)

Server's really coming along and it's come a long way.
Exploring early-beta used to always got me trapped somewhere with no way out.
Things have certainly turned around. Keep it up. I'm having lots of fun.

Maybe you could say something about the uptime and map saves?
Server's been up for a month. Certain places get cleaned of certain items every couple of hours. Others stay where they're put, so do creatures. How does it go exactly?

Back