• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day left :)

In the meanwhile, please vote on this poll about bots

Poll
allow using bots to heal/hunt aslong as ur at the computer (its pretty much impossible to stop these completely if the player is watching their screen but not actually clicking themselves anyway..)
essentially allow whatever you can do when you are playing manually (so no mcs sio botting etc)

bot - ban or move to deletera
would be nice
The problem is sometimes its hard to confirm theyre botting, especially with heal bots etc. How can you prove it? And if you cant, how can you justify banning them. It's tricky. Good poll though Gaal

The problem is sometimes its hard to confirm theyre botting, especially with heal bots etc. How can you prove it? And if you cant, how can you justify banning them. It's tricky. Good poll though Gaal
yeah, thats why you let ppl roam free aslong as they're there, and just ban ppl afk botting / botting several accounts at once even though theyre there (like ppl farming addon items)

Voting done. =) People have good points here, as Knighter stated about knowing if they are actually using a healbot or not, its hard to prove. I think if the votes passes about "No Afk Botting", Basically players would use a bot at their own risk being AFK, if caught the circumstances shouldn't be dealt with so lightly. Maybe something like if caught Botting AFK, maybe deletion, But something to put the scare into people about botting AFK.

About MC, I believe shouldn't be allowed period. But that is my opinion only. You only need to be playing one character at a time.

Voting done. =) People have good points here, as Knighter stated about knowing if they are actually using a healbot or not, its hard to prove. I think if the votes passes about "No Afk Botting", Basically players would use a bot at their own risk being AFK, if caught the circumstances shouldn't be dealt with so lightly. Maybe something like if caught Botting AFK, maybe deletion, But something to put the scare into people about botting AFK.

About MC, I believe shouldn't be allowed period. But that is my opinion only. You only need to be playing one character at a time.
one big problem is how ridiculously grind intensive this server is for addon/mount items, and i know a bunch of ppl usually mc alts (with vpns ofc to prevent normal mc check) for them since its really fucking annoying to get them on the main..
should add some way to get the low lvl addon items easier if you're a high lvl to discourage mcing for these... or you can log addon/mount item drops and check trades for them etc

Good point, but only leaves me to one question, Why rush something that's meant to take time? I get people "Want" these addons and mounts, but get it fair. What ever happened to earning things legit?

Oh yea, this is Tibia were talking about, Nothing is fair or earned legit anymore. Maybe by some xD lawl

because mounts/addons give very strong bonuses, but theyre ridiculously annoying to get on ur main since ur wasting prime xp time

because mounts/addons give very strong bonuses, but theyre ridiculously annoying to get on ur main since ur wasting prime xp time

I know it can be annoying to get but isn't that the purpose of it? Doesn't change the fact of it being unfair and not earned legit. So people are getting XP on their main while using another character to get their main addons and mounts is a form of cheating in my eyes and a big sign of lazyness, I get its an OT and not meant to last FOREVER but should find some way to balance your time between getting XP and farming on ONE character to receive the addon and mount advantages. Not cheat it :p

There is never a true way of stopping this I don't think as people have multiple computers and can easily get away with it still, just wish not so many people had the intentions of trying to be ahead of everyone else by cheating their way up and not earning it. It's part of a reason servers don't last as long as they should, people cheating and botting for advantages alot of players try to work hard for manually. You end up with a server full of botters and not community driven.

Last edited:
Most of the outfits, addons and mounts are not fun to get here, it's true.
We will test some stuff on the beta including the "bosses area tokens".
You can get from some quests/chests and bosses special tokens/coins and use them
to get some stuff (timed buffs,mounts,addons etc..)
There are 4 type of tokens (ascalon,ridgefire, crimson, torvora) and 2 types of coins (abyssal and goblin king coin)
You get them only from specific areas (ascalon,ridgefire, crimson, torvora) :p

I know it can be annoying to get but isn't that the purpose of it? Doesn't change the fact of it being unfair and not earned legit. So people are getting XP on their main while using another character to get their main addons and mounts, I get its an OT and not meant to last FOREVER but should find some way to balance your time between getting XP and farming on ONE character to receive the addon and mount advantages. Not cheat it :p

There is never a true way of stopping this I don't think as people have multiple computers and can easily get away with it still, just wish not so many people had the intentions of trying to be ahead of everyone else by cheating their way up and not earning it.
thats what im saying, considering how good the bonuses are its really unfair for the people who dont bot/mc for them..

there are ways to stop it, like bind the addon items to char on drop, but people sometimes want to buy addon items from legit ppl and that would hurt them etc
you can however log all addon/mount items that drop, who it gets dropped for, and where they go to spot mcers

@Gaal if you spread out the addon/mount items more with the progression so even as you get higher level some monsters for your lvl or near it still drops addon items (but the ones that drop items for mounts/addons are slightly worse for loot/xp than those who do). as far as i can remember when you hit a decently high level almost all of the monsters you had to kill for them were really awful

Most of the outfits, addons and mounts are not fun to get here, it's true.
We will test some stuff on the beta including the "bosses area tokens".
You can get from some quests/chests and bosses special tokens/coins and use them
to get some stuff (timed buffs,mounts,addons etc..)
There are 4 type of tokens (ascalon,ridgefire, crimson, torvora) and 2 types of coins (abyssal and goblin king coin)
You get them only from specific areas (ascalon,ridgefire, crimson, torvora) :p

You are really torturing me here.... OH LOOK its MAY 10th!

@Gaal if you spread out the addon/mount items more with the progression so even as you get higher level some monsters for your lvl or near it still drops addon items (but the ones that drop items for mounts/addons are slightly worse for loot/xp than those who do). as far as i can remember when you hit a decently high level almost all of the monsters you had to kill for them were really awful

This is a real good idea mate

I believe this is not a issue about prove, but about trust in the staff. If I would be in ghost mode, and I would deal a little dmg to somebody who I believe is botting, and then the person does a insta-heal a couple of times, it is pretty much certain he is using a healbot. I cannot prove to anybody that he is using a heal-bot, but as CM I can prove to myself that he is using a healbot. So if you trust the staff, prove should not be the issue.

But I believe in this era we should listen to the playerbase to decide about botting. And in any case, we should think about stealing your concept on Archlight of bonus exp for team hunts, so team hunts becomes more attractive then solo-botting. That is a great idea

Status
Not open for further replies.