• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is not a issue about prove, but about trust in the staff. If I would be in ghost mode, and I would deal a little dmg to somebody who I believe is botting, and then the person does a insta-heal a couple of times, it is pretty much certain he is using a healbot. I cannot prove to anybody that he is using a heal-bot, but as CM I can prove to myself that he is using a healbot. So if you trust the staff, prove should not be the issue.

But I believe in this era we should listen to the playerbase to decide about botting. And in any case, we should think about stealing your concept on Archlight of bonus exp for team hunts, so team hunts becomes more attractive then solo-botting. That is a great idea
and what about players using bots that have a random wait time (e.g anywhere between 100-500 ms) before they use the heal?
all you can do is find people with shitty set up healbots, and if you start banning those, people with a good healbot setup will never be detected and have a huge advantage

and what about players using bots that have a random wait time (e.g anywhere between 100-500 ms) before they use the heal?
all you can do is find people with shitty set up healbots, and if you start banning those, people with a good healbot setup will never be detected and have a huge advantage
Get your logic outta here Jarx. This is OTLand, where logic doesn't exist.

I am pretty sure the only way to get the botters is along the AFK fact. (IF its not allowed to AFK cave bot) There is many ways to catch the AFKers but to prove the Auto heal is being used, would need further investigation and watching in order to have the "Proof" needed to put the banhammer down on someone and I don't think should be based off of one Staff member to decide to ban on an Auto Healer. (Once again this is only if the poll goes in that direction) And as for people wanting to use Bots still, all the power to you. If rules are in play and you take those risks, you already know what's at stake once you turn that bot on.

Last edited:

There are human tricks that a computer program cannot beat, for instance being in ghost mode and dmg somebody while he is talking. If he heals while at the same time is able to write long sentences, it is clearly a heal-bot. There are other tricks aswell. Like dlaw said, if the rules are known and you choose to go agains the rules anyway, its a risk. And I believe staff is perfectly able to beat any bot tricks, like the heal-bot.

There are human tricks that a computer program cannot beat, for instance being in ghost mode and dmg somebody while he is talking. If he heals while at the same time is able to write long sentences, it is clearly a heal-bot. There are other tricks aswell. Like dlaw said, if the rules are known and you choose to go agains the rules anyway, its a risk. And I believe staff is perfectly able to beat any bot tricks, like the heal-bot.
there is no way to detect a person who has a healbot setup good and is actually at the computer.. and if you're not at the computer i already said i dont think it sohuld be allowed

if i set my healbot to heal ~300-500 ms (random number) after i get damaged, and am watching my char while watching a movie on another screen for example, you can pretty much not detect it.
if you do damage to me i heal with a human reaction time
if you ask me to type something and then after a short while (so im still typing) you do damage to check if i heal then type, i can just make my bot say nothing which would remove the currently wrote string
or i can click my heal hotkey so it doesnt have auto healing on while im typing

as i said before, you can beat a healbot that is setup bad, but you cant really beat one that is setup good

also my personal opinion is that auto healing should always be allowed, spamming your healing hotkey as soon as ur damaged isnt really anything fun or interesting, you just literally click it as much as you can
with a healbot players can focus on other things instead of clicking a heal hotkey every 2 seconds

Last edited:
Human tricks indeed. But why spoil all the tricks =P Nothing wrong at all with a clean Ascalon =) Overall in the end I think more people would play knowing cheaters are being taken care of on the daily =) Fair play is a big issue I've found through out the years.

Its quite obvious Zothion if someone is is typing in Default chat at a steady pace, and a Staff Member notices the constant typing and healing thats in sync with the typing, its quite clear, and then will be looked at from other perspectives and not just a One Time based thing.

Human tricks indeed. But why spoil all the tricks =P Nothing wrong at all with a clean Ascalon =) Overall in the end I think more people would play knowing cheaters are being taken care of on the daily =) Fair play is a big issue I've found through out the years.

Its quite obvious Zothion if someone is is typing in Default chat at a steady pace, and a Staff Member notices the constant typing and healing thats in sync with the typing, its quite clear, and then will be looked at from other perspectives and not just a One Time based thing.
and what if im not typing in default chat?
what if i have my bot setup so every time it heals, it clears my current message, so i literally CANT type while its healing?

considering this is client 8.7, and 8.7 has xenobot, there is pretty much nothing that isnt avoidable with the bot (xenobot & windbot too strong)

if you find someone healbotting because they forgot to setup it in a certain way, they're just most likely going to tell everyone else they know botting what happened and they will all fix it, and ur methods will eventually all be gone

I get what you are saying, but you are simply implying that a Staff member is asking you to type, now comes my part... What if a staff member is watching you in ghost mode, talk to your friend in default chat while you guys hunt and healing mysteriously odd in that time, and over a coarse of 30 mins of being watched, you have no idea.

considering this is client 8.7, and 8.7 has xenobot, there is pretty much nothing that isnt avoidable with the bot (xenobot & windbot too strong)
In these times Xenobot wasn't that strong as it's not I suppose.
All bots on Ascalon were kinda primitive, performing only simple actions.

I get what you are saying, but you are simply implying that a Staff member is asking you to type, now comes my part... What if a staff member is watching you in ghost mode, talk to your friend in default chat while you guys hunt and healing mysteriously odd in that time, and over a coarse of 30 mins of being watched, you have no idea.
yet again, you come with an example of a badly setup healbot, which is irrelevant to what im saying..
healbots always become a case of if you can conceal it good enough for the staff to not notice it, and if you can, you'll have a huge advantage over the people who cant
why are you so opposed to healbots? there is no fun or skill in clicking your healing hotkey every 2 seconds

@Deepling xenobot can still do pretty much anything you want that a human can even 8.7 xenobot

if you setup your bot so you cant do any weird unnatural stuff there isnt any way you can slip up, considering the bot will block all your slip ups

Clearly you are one of those people that are going to be botting on Ascalon xD.

Edit: What if you forget to put something on the bot, we are only human you know. It does happen lol. Its not that I oppose of them, but as you stated, it helps you not focus on the healing right? And focus on other things. Why should you focus less on something thats apart of the game and requires you to focus and pay attention to your health at the same time. Or spamming the hotkey if you want too, still requires you to use your brain to hit that hotkey (Putting your focus there as well as the other things you want to put Focus in that you may not want to using a healbot.)

Clearly you are one of those people that are going to be botting on Ascalon xD.
if i do play i will definitely be using a healbot, because its not fun or really interactive to spam my healing hotkey constantly
if you think gms should spend all their time trying to watch ppl for healbots (which do something manual players do exactly the same) instead of trying to find people who cavebot afk etc, bot addon items on alts etc, you're gonna have a really fucked up server

if i do play i will definitely be using a healbot, because its not fun or really interactive to spam my healing hotkey constantly
if you think gms should spend all their time trying to watch ppl for healbots (which do something manual players do exactly the same) instead of trying to find people who cavebot afk etc, bot addon items on alts etc, you're gonna have a really fucked up server
Now we know who we should delete instantly...

Status
Not open for further replies.