• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's down for a host transfer, they would have given everyone a warning prior to it going down.

If it is down for a host transfer, why the hell would you do it on a weekend?
yea idk... kinda shitty. Also they need to fix their shit on the website so when the server goes down it doesn't continue to say that the server is online and that there is 122 people online.

yea idk... kinda shitty. Also they need to fix their shit on the website so when the server goes down it doesn't continue to say that the server is online and that there is 122 people online.
Yeh cause that makes me think its not down for the host transfer. Also with no notice either. idk. Get your shit together @Gaal

Does anyone have knowledge with transferring hosts? Does it really take 1-2 days? and does that mean the server is not able to be online during the process?
I'm really hoping it was just a crash.

http://prntscr.com/bnr4c7 having some fun at classicus xD
vaBDiqG.jpg

Why would people waste there time spending there cash on Classicus, when on Ascalon they refund points if they reset and they actually care about there players.

vaBDiqG.jpg

Why would people waste there time spending there cash on Classicus, when on Ascalon they refund points if they reset and they actually care about there players.
thats a noob account xD i kill macro users with it

Does anyone have knowledge with transferring hosts? Does it really take 1-2 days? and does that mean the server is not able to be online during the process?
I'm really hoping it was just a crash.
It depends on how big the server is and when their new host will be ready, they can just grab their files from their current host and put them on the new one and set up the new ip.

Here i am lying down in my bed refreshing otland and the webpage to know when to get up and play

EDIT: TIME TO WAKE UP!

Last edited:
Isn't it the "ipchange" that takes time? The domain needs to redirect to other ip so everyone can login as usual instead of typing a random ip for 2 days and then typing "ascalonworld.com" when the change is done.

Isn't it the "ipchange" that takes time? The domain needs to redirect to other ip so everyone can login as usual instead of typing a random ip for 2 days and then typing "ascalonworld.com" when the change is done.
Ip changes are quick afaik, but I've only used no-ip domains and not my own so I don't know if there's a difference or not

Ip changes are quick afaik, but I've only used no-ip domains and not my own so I don't know if there's a difference or not
There is a difference :p no-ip ips change instantly.

Domains chnage in 1 day orso. Atleast 18-20 hours.

Edit:
Here look at this
http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/domain-names/dns-nameserver-changes/domain-names-dns-changes

This is a asumption but I believe no-ip changes are instant because there is a main server that redirects you after finding which no-ip you are actually looking for.

Last edited:
Just me that finds it odd to have lower single target dps then wizards as an assassin? Im not in the 300s range yet but i was team hunting with a wizard and he just tanked/aoe everything faster then i could actually even click on the mobs. Im running on fully buffed g6 lvl230 and the wiz was 210. I ripped from 2 slimes while he could tank 3 with lots of summon around. Perhaps description should be change in the website cause its not true we have higher single target dps and our survivability seems to be lower then mage. This is from my personal experience and may vary later on. But I feel like ive been fool by the website :D. I suck it up and thought it will change as i level up but the dmg difference just seems to go up and up and it never seem like i can keep up with them.

cmon dude each time I go to level I die 2 or 3 times due to DC shit aint funny lol

Status
Not open for further replies.