• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know yet, wonder if somone who previously played this server could elaborate on the specifics about them a little bit. ;)

Don't know yet, wonder if somone who previously played this server could elaborate on the specifics about them a little bit. ;)
crusader = tank
berserker = melee dps
priest = support
wizard = pure dps
assassin = ranged/burstdps
sharpshooter = ranged/steady dps

Okay I figured I would be busy and would not be able to participate at launch. However, now stuck in a hurricane sooooo bring it on lmao

Berserker: A melee class that does very high dmg and it increases after each attack. You will deal more and more damage the longer you are in combat (taking damage) They also life steal passively when attacking. Giving them a nice boost to sustain. They can also increase their attack speed and (damage?) in exchange for -50% in defence stats.

Crusader: The tank in ascalon. This voc just doesn't die. This vocation is a must have in any high level quest. Their passive allows allies and the crusader himself to revive when killed. 5%-10% chance I believe. Stacking up to 2 crusaders in a party. They can also protect a ally and shield them from all incoming damage. (All damage the target takes is instead dealt to the Crusader).

Priest: Priest is the healer in ascalon. They are a must have for any high level quest. They heal for a very high burst making sure their allies stays alive. In the worst case if somebody dies. They can revive them. They can also increase armor and resistance for an ally or themselves making it the best suport ever.

Wizard: Wizards are masters of magic. Their destructive power cannot be described in words. They have very high single target dps and are the best at AoE dps.
Ever find yourself in a pinch with alot of monsters? Fear not, the Wizard can both stun everything in a AoE and also deal very high damage. Potentianlly turning the tide single handedly.

Assassin: Assassins are the masters of stealthy attacks. They can turn completely invissible for 3 seconds and ambush enemies for a very high single target burst.
Their single target burst is unreal. Being the masters of the shadows they can also evade attacks skillfully. This vocation (class) is one of the most feared ones on Ascalon.

Sharpshooter: Sharpshooters have the highest single target dps. (Not burst). With their passive adrenaline rush they can increase their attack speed even further dealing alot of damage in short time.

I don't know much about Sharpshooters so couldn't write much here.. Guess this is elaborate enough.

Edit: The amount of typos was unreal :D

Last edited:
Okay I figured I would be busy and would not be able to participate at launch. However, now stuck in a hurricane sooooo bring it on lmao
Wouldn't that make it harder to play, because of power going out?.. xD

for example will the prist be able to do the stuff a druid in the real tibia world can do? with this i mean for example using the druid of the spells but also at the same time having the avalable spell of healing to the others around him and more importantly how is this going to work with the runes for example i dont wanna play server where there are no runes if it makes sense for example wild grwoth is a good spell and the prist can he do the damage of monsters? or is he not a damage person because druid in real tibia are also damage person but i am not sure if they are here if u could explain to me the items and the neccesity for the progression of the monsters damage it would appreciated much because its something for example i have big interest in . i want priest to have him is it possible for him to use this? or would it not be possible since it is the priest and not the druidic real tibia world?

for example will the prist be able to do the stuff a druid in the real tibia world can do? with this i mean for example using the druid of the spells but also at the same time having the avalable spell of healing to the others around him and more importantly how is this going to work with the runes for example i dont wanna play server where there are no runes if it makes sense for example wild grwoth is a good spell and the prist can he do the damage of monsters? or is he not a damage person because druid in real tibia are also damage person but i am not sure if they are here if u could explain to me the items and the neccesity for the progression of the monsters damage it would appreciated much because its something for example i have big interest in . i want priest to have him is it possible for him to use this? or would it not be possible since it is the priest and not the druidic real tibia world?

on Ascalon You don't have any runes like sd's - only mana/heal runes + mwalls/wild growth etc. Spells and weapon make dmg :)

Uh I am not sure if I understood you right but i will answer anyway.

If you are asking if Healing uses same global cooldown as attack spells: No it doesn't you can attack with example: exorior and still be able to heal your friends.

How do you heal people? Right click on them and you will get a square around the target and you can cast heals on that target without needing to write the name of the character you need to heal. Example: (Exura Sio) instead of (Exura sio"Saitohimea). You only need to rightclick them once and then you can attack any monsters afterwards.

There are some runes in Ascalon. Wildgrowth, Magic wall and Chameleon. (think there might be more)

I would say priest does about everything druid does.. Just better at everything.

on Ascalon You don't have any runes like sd's only mana/heal runes + mwalls/wild growth etc. Spells and weapon make dmg :)
tonny kurwa there are runes like sd you can create them 250+ as wizzard/priest

noone answer me too i ask if oddish best starter pokeman and noone answer

thanks but u dont answer all.
you wrote everything in 1 sentence.. Its kinda hard to read it.

Ask like this instead:
How does this work?
How does that work?

I pretty much covered most of your questions and Pemus covered SD. If there is anything else you want to know just ask.

you wrote everything in 1 sentence.. Its kinda hard to read it.

Ask like this instead:
How does this work?
How does that work?

I pretty much covered most of your questions and Pemus covered SD. If there is anything else you want to know just ask.

thanks u man
but for extrample there are other rune in tibia of the real in there are area for the runes. do u know the great fireball ? or the "avalanceh" rune or maybe it is thunderstorm u know. if u know anyone of him runes there are fun way to hunt in this with real tibian because u can take many monster and do the runes on them at same time! in here are only sudden death rune? it is not v ery fun to just kill 1 monster i believe for the priest how he can do the killing of muiltiple monsters at same time if he only have the sudden death rune how does this work?

my friend suggest this server for me and i am hoping it is a server because it will be one of my first otserver i play in veryt long time and the real tibia is not for me anymore i hope u can respect it because i just want to have a lot of fun testing new things and what about those pokemons? i am hearing on this posts pokemon talk but first u say there was no? but is there? how does that work?

and last thanks for u repsone

On Ascalon you can buy Magic Walls, Mini Magic Walls(version for ek, half the duration of original), Wild Growths, Destroy Fields, Field and Bomb runes too. You can create runes similiar to SDs but nobody really uses them, because its better to use strike/aoe spells + manapots.

As for spells, almost all of the spells have secondary effects.

Wizard spells often have offensive effects like burn or slows, im not sure if there was stu, well didn't play wizard. Priests have something called 'pacify' for one of their AoE's, which makes it impossible to attack for short period of time. Priests secondary effects are more 'supportive' in terms of crowd control. In terms of pure damage, there is no elements system on this server, it's just magic/physical dmg. Wizards damage output is higher, but priest can also deal decent dps + he can heal and revive people which is reaaaaaally powerful. Both have spells called 'trepide' and 'crustallum'. Trepide is aoe stun and crustallum makes you unvulnerable to dmg for short perdiod of time, then it explodes and gives you mana back for every enemy hit. Priest special spell raises armor/mdef for 1 person while wizards raises his dmg I think?
No idea what priest passive is, but for wizard its that his spells can crit for 1.5x dmg

Crusader - pure tank, at high levels you have stun or almost every spell. Berserker - high melee dps class, it gains attack the longer he fights. Also has passive lifesteal.
Crusader special spell raises his overall defense, berserkers drains hp per second and gives huge boost to attack speed and dmg.Both have 'fluctus' and one other spell name I dont remember. Fluctus lets to teleport to your target if he is within 3 or 4 sqm and stun him. Second has range like 'exori min' but instead of dmg it stuns your target. Passives - crusader has chance to self revive after dying(20% I believe), also works for anyone in party. For each crusader in party its 10%. Berserker - gains attack dmg per each dmg dealt/recevied(longer the fight, more the attack gained) + passive lifesteal

For sharpshooter no idea what to write for him besides he is ranged sustainable dps, didnt play. Assassin - burst ranged dps. His high level spells have critical chance to deal more dmg and his lvl 350strike can silence enemy for 3seconds I think, pretty damn strong, he also has slow on one of his strikes. Both have invisibility spell and knockback one. Invisibility spell gives you invisibility for 3 seconds? COMPLETE INVISIBILITY, you are not visible to players at all, not like 'utana vid', you jusst dissappear. For that second one, it works like Vayne's from LoL condemn. You knockback your target 1sqm, if it hits impassable object(wall, tree, magicwall) it gets stunned. For passives, I dont really know how it works for sharpshooter but its something like this: while you attack, occasionaly you get 'stacks' or sth like that, if you get 4 stacks you gain attack speed? For assassins, they have 2 passives you can say. One is their critical hits from weapon deal 2x dmg, second one is random. Second can kick in while you get attacked, when it kicks in you get 50% dodge/50% magic evasion chance for few seconds, in my opinion its kinda meh.

There were also special spells from quest called 'undead bulwark', I played only assassin so I only know his spell - it lowers targets armor by 200? or something like that, I think mage's bulwark spell deals dmg according to mana you have, but can't say its true.

forgot to add, that spells 'trepide'/'crustallum' etc you get by clearing quests

tl;dr for profesions

you want to tank? crusader
you want to be selfsufficient; be able to tank a little and deal dmg? berserker
you want to be healer(with decent dps~)? priest
you want to deal massive aoe dmg? wizard
you want to deal sustained single target dmg? sharpshooter
you want to be king of RNG and deal massive amounts of dmg depending on your luck? assassin

since I don't have really anthing to do, I'll provide info about what equipment crafts and wanted bonuses looked like last time ascalon was up.
ok so - you have weapon and 4 pieces of armor(helmet,chest,legs,boots) and shield.
as for knights:
armor: on low lvls you want to have health regen on most of your items, maybe 1 mana regen item. weapon: probably bonus damage all the way. shield doesn't really matter since its bonusses were really shit.
crusader: you aim to get bonus health on all items and weapon with lifesteal to help you stay alive.
berserker: bonus health on all items and weapon with bonus damage as STONE BONUS and craft, yet crafted lifesteal also kinda works.

mage: low lvl I think its just mana regen or bonus mana, weapon bonus doesnt really matter this time.
both priest and mage will aim to get all items with bonus mana and weapon with % stun chance.

archer: well almost everybody said that full bonus health is the best and its REALLY OK. for low lvl weapons I think bonus damage will be best.
sharpshooter - ful lbonus health* and weapon with damage probably. few people were using weapons with bonus with chance to hit multiple targets - if there is only 1 target within range, then it can hit that target multiple times.
assassin - ful lbonus health items and weapon with damage+crafted crit is best what you can get. if you can't get bonus crit recipe then just go with bonus crit from ability stones.

now for my opinion on assassin - someone once told me to go 2x bonus health and 2x bonus mana on my armor. checked it out. for me it was like heavens descended upon me, it just was too good in my opinion. ah for guys wondering 'why mana on archer?' concept of archer here is slightly different. here every archer uses mana shield aka utamo vita. as for archer it only makes 30% of overall damage to be taken from mana instead of health. also high level runes work just like gsp.
also for archer info, you don't have anything like spears here. It's only bow/crossbow + ammo or not. bow/crossbow will fire arrows even if you dont have them equipped. concept of arrows here is slightly different. various arrows give various bonusses. iirc normal arrows give like +5attack? maybe +10, while sniper arrows give +5 or +10 critical chance. as for arrow setups, for assassin obvious choice is 2x sniper arrows(2x because you can equip one into arrow slot and second into free hand), for sharpshooter I have no idea, probably those with highest dmg bonus.

there are also maaaaany random items with random bonusses and active uses, but that's for you to discover.

This was just little spoiler to those new to Ascalon, hope its at least little bit helpful. Oh and last thing, this all is from my experience with this server, it might not be the best setups of items because I only played assassin at high level, but well it should be okay:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.