• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Greyshade and everyone else,
Seems like most of the dedicated players would like to have a lower XP rate.
We will go with what the players want.
The development stage will take few months but be sure about the return of this thing xD

I think it would be great if everyone will post here their thoughts on
what should or should not be on the next era
(like some of you are doing right now :p)

Or on our forum

Yeah, lower experience rates, but don't make them too low, else players will get bored too fast.
Also, I dont think making G15 items is good, they will be overpowered, if already G8 is very strong.
@Gaal, make super high experience rate for last days of server :)

Personally I'd love to see a much slower paced ascalon, the experience rate should definitely be lowered even if you've added content for higher levels. I quickly got to 400 on boysboys and got bored since at that point you've got most of the mounts and outfits/you've got maxxed gear/you can do most of the quests. Right now you get levels so quickly that the first and second zone just gets skipped in a way, you can just rush through all the mounts/quests/addons solo there.

A lower experience rate would make so everything of that took more time and felt more meaningful. I did enjoy the new content even though it should've been tested more and everything should've been ready at launch. I've been following the news and it seems like gaal as added lots of stuff so i'm hyped to try out that stuff in the new season regardless of how the experience rate changes, no matter what changes this server will always be amazing :D

Also things to consider; making stamina slower (right now it's very fast compared to other servers+rl, making it hard for people that don't play as much to keep up), giving premium to everyone (new players probably don't realize they aren't getting the bonus stamina experience which causes them to progress a lot slower than other players) and remove the damn landing page after the server launches it probably confuses some new players :p
Agreed. Landing pages are cancer

I'm probably going to get a lot of shit for this but does anyone think it would be a good idea to make it subscription play? Could make all the shop items obtainable via event tokens.. It would actually mean people playing events lol

I'm probably going to get a lot of shit for this but does anyone think it would be a good idea to make it subscription play? Could make all the shop items obtainable via event tokens.. It would actually mean people playing events lol
What is subscription play?
I agree with making shop items obtainable via event tokens/alchemy coins.

Sorry I meant make premium like $5/month
@Gaal told me that he was already thinking about doing something like that, but making premium also avaible ingame, but for high price (like 5/10 event tokens per day)

Been thinking for long time about what to do about the gift shop.
We might make all gift shop items obtainable in-game and make premmy
cheaper and hard to obtain in-game.
We will also add more items to the shop.

(landing page will be removed)

@Gaal I don't think it'd be a bad idea to have some downtime but maybe it'd be better to lower the exp rates and make sure everything level 1-300 is fixed, then fix the 301+ bugs when the server is opened again. This way the players you still have won't have to wait so long to play the server they've been loyal to.

Server is online 4FUN.
XP rate increased.

News about the launch will come soon.
:)

I only had the oppurtunity to play for a few weeks but i really enjoyed this server. One of the best customs i've played but one thing i noticed is crusaders and berserkers doesn't really seem to have a big difference in matter of tankiness. I hunted with a crusader a lot and it seemed like apart from having a few better spells for being tanks berserkers could really tank just as well and deal a ton of damage while doing so.

Also there seemed to be mostly berserkers, sharpshooters and assassins. Lack of mages especially.

Anyway looking forward to play here again in the future

I only had the oppurtunity to play for a few weeks but i really enjoyed this server. One of the best customs i've played but one thing i noticed is crusaders and berserkers doesn't really seem to have a big difference in matter of tankiness. I hunted with a crusader a lot and it seemed like apart from having a few better spells for being tanks berserkers could really tank just as well and deal a ton of damage while doing so.

Also there seemed to be mostly berserkers, sharpshooters and assassins. Lack of mages especially.

Anyway looking forward to play here again in the future

There isn't difference in tanking if berserker got better gear than crusader you hunted with :p
Also, when I went to hunt with you I had like 160% defense bonus, while crusader had like 40%.

Status
Not open for further replies.