• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree, people are lazy, I have got 5 staff members so we can check bots pretty often, so they won't bot. :p
sure you can watch for cavebot and such, but depending on client (aka 8.6+), you cant really keep people from healbotting etc

Just curious but what do you think is needed of an 10.xx+ custom ot to make it work good like shadowcores for example (allot of players)

As i see it all the custom ots just die out fast and the rl maps that get allot of players like shadowcores and hexera does not?

Sorry for the bad english :rolleyes:

Custom OTs do not get a lot of players, because they are usually bad.

You have to remember when someone makes a RL Tibia OT. They aren't "Making" a map, quests, vocations, spells, or anything. They are simply using Cipsofts work that has been worked on for over 20 years.
Custom OTs are competing with Cipsoft's 20 years of work.

The good thing is, even if your Custom OT is kind of bad, you can easily get 50+ players, as long as it is fun.
And if your Custom OT is fun, balanced, and has a lot of content, you can get over 200 players pretty easily.

Now if you can make a Custom OT, that is Fun, Balanced PvE and PvP, Easy to understand, has a lot of content, regular updates and bug fixes, good uptime, not Pay to Win, and has interesting quests. You then could expect to start getting over 300 players (don't know if you'd ever reach 2000 that Shadowcores had though.

Of course, this all expects you to have a good advertising campaign before release, and for your server to be able to handle the players without lag.

You have to remember when someone makes a RL Tibia OT. They aren't "Making" a map, quests, vocations, spells, or anything. They are simply using Cipsofts work that has been worked on for over 20 years.

The good thing is, even if your Custom OT is kind of bad, you can easily get 50+ players, as long as it is fun.
And if your Custom OT is fun, balanced, and has a lot of content, you can get over 200 players pretty easily.

Now if you can make a Custom OT, that is Fun, Balanced PvE and PvP, Easy to understand, has a lot of content, regular updates and bug fixes, good uptime, not Pay to Win, and has interesting quests. You then could expect to start getting over 300 players (don't know if you'd ever reach 2000 that Shadowcores had though.

Of course, this all expects you to have a good advertising campaign before release, and for your server to be able to handle the players without lag.
This ot isnt "bad" it just needs more active players, its one of the best custom ots out there.

Perfectly put. The constant updates thing is key.

so gaal ascalon comming on soon? can't wait for reopening

Please delete sprites you stole from me immediately. I saw two books on screen on first page then i downloaded your client to check for more stolen sprites. Books, keys, wand, hammer, helm, bow. They are not freeware and i never give any permission to use them by anyone. Delete them now, before i report that you using stolen graphic and taking a profit from it. Btw. while i was searching for my sprites in this client i saw more stolen graphics from other artist, so i advise you guys to check it out.

You should know which sprites you stole, in case you have trouble which one are mine, PM to me.

Please delete sprites you stole from me immediately. I saw two books on screen on first page then i downloaded your client to check for more stolen sprites. Books, keys, wand, hammer, helm, bow. They are not freeware and i never give any permission to use them by anyone. Delete them now, before i report that you using stolen graphic and taking a profit from it. Btw. while i was searching for my sprites in this client i saw more stolen graphics from other artist, so i advise you guys to check it out.

You should know which sprites you stole, in case you have trouble which one are mine, PM to me.
Hello,cipsoft here. Can you give me back all the data you stole me?

Cipsoft = tibia = OT
But why steal other artists sprites? Zezenia is not tibia, their sprites doesn't belong to cipsoft. Not a big deal just a couple of items but very unprofessional

Cipsoft = tibia = OT
But why steal other artists sprites? Zezenia is not tibia, their sprites doesn't belong to cipsoft. Not a big deal just a couple of items but very unprofessional
the way the client is laid out can be a copyright infringement too though, they may have all custom sprites but the client layout is still tibias

the way the client is laid out can be a copyright infringement too though, they may have all custom sprites but the client layout is still tibias
How can it be copyright when they made it themselves? We are talking about graphics here not layout

e; as i said it's unprofessional

Just saying... Most of those sprites have been on here for like 2-3 eras which have been a pretty long time. How wasn't this noticed before then? All sprites I've seen from zezenia even tho it's a pretty fun game were kind of poor quality, so I'd be interested to see which you believe are stolen.

IhQhs8J.png

Dark gauntles in zezenia

Cipsoft = tibia = OT
Without tibia people wouldnt of gotten the idea of custom made sprites.

ah well, honestly though despite having your work taken without permission, once these sprites are out there, it's kind of hard to contain.
Well you also never know if the person that sold you sprites also sold them to somebody else which would cause conflicts like this. I'm not saying that's what happened but you never know til @Gaal responds

Status
Not open for further replies.