• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Medivia Online - Legacy & Spectrum | CUSTOM 7.4 | [Windows / Linux / OS X]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear players

Let me include some recent news from tibianic.org website:

Dear players

Today's update brought us the new client version and finally we are officially done with the old client. It is no longer supported and it is no longer possible to login with it.

Following issues were fixed at client side:

* Fixed issue with drawing corpses which caused other items to being draw incorrectly.
* Fixed bug with DirectX where UI became black after changing interface framerate (it is no longer an option).
* Fixed a bug where windows was maximized, but after a restart it wasn't (window was outside visible screen).
* Fixed maximize window behaviour.
* Experience is now separated with commas.
* Targeting on players should be now harder, as it was on the old client.

Following issues were fixed at server side:

* Fixed delay in auto-walking mechanism (mini-map click or game-map click).
* Fixed delay in follow mechanism (both summons and players are affected).
* Fixed monsters react time when walking, so it will be no longer possible to hit the monster without it hitting you back.
* Improved overall performance of the game-server.

Dear players

After today's change with the client I believe it would be worth to show off more stuff from the incoming summer update, and that is including mini-map sneak-peek this time as well :)

Here we go:

archer_vigilante.png

balok_jungle.png

balok_jungle_2.png

lernaean_hydra.png

harpies.png

manticore.png

manticore_2.png

plaguebringers_of_abukir_2.png

plaguebringers_of_abukir.png

Now it's time for the best part :) It does show what was actually being worked on and how big the actual update will be once released:

sneak_map_minimap.png

(Please click on it to view it in the full size)

I have confidence that the update will give you enormous amount of places to explore and plenty of fun solving quests and getting along with the lore.

It delights me to see all my work being put to a good use! The update looks very fresh and interesting. Best of luck with the new client and the summer update.

Good job @Iryont & co.

Last edited:
What does that statement have to do with "summer soon ending" lol. The summer just started jackass.
(tibianic forum)
Iryont wrote:
The estimated date is about 6 to 8 weeks. This specific update and it's contents requires a lot of tests on our side and therefore it takes a while. However, fear not, it will be here.

I will post a short description of common monsters available within the update soon enough.

----------

hmm not so sure if it will still be a summer update;)

Dear players

Version 1.1.0 of the game client has been released. It brings much more optimized DirectX engine which should allow players with really old computers to play the game more smoothly.

If you had any issues with performance of the game client itself then please give it a try with this release. Please make sure to open the client with "Tibianic - DirectX" icon instead of the OpenGL one.

News about it (including other fixes in the client):
http://tibianic.org/forum/topic/16411/1/

You can download the game client right here:
http://tibianic.org/download/

Game client - 1.2.0

The next release our game client has been released. As you can most likely notice (due to version number) this release brings another rather huge change related to the optimizations of the game client itself. This time the client brings a totally new lighting which has been focused on avoiding the huge decrease of performance when a lot of lights were visible within the game view. People with older graphics card might have been feeling drop in frames per second when they shoot great fireball runes or when a lot fire fields were visible (e.g. in PoI Dragon Lords) and this release is meant to fix that.

However, that's not the only change within lighting system. The brightness of all lights was increased quite significantly due to a new system compared to 1.1.0 version.

I would like to show the exact difference in performance between this lighting system and the previous one. In this simple comparison I will compare version 1.1.0 of the game client and the newest version (1.2.0). The comparison was made on my MacBook due to low-end GPU there (Geforce 9600M), but the change is exactly the same on all operating systems. Both client versions were launched in the same way and the test took 15 seconds on each of them within which the top amount of fps was recorded:

1.1.0 version:
client_110_mac.png

1.2.0 version:
client_120_mac.png

Dear players

This post is rather a show off and a small description of what we did accomplish since the beginning of the new client in terms of optimizing it's performance. About few weeks ago I remember we had quite a few players incapable of using the new client due to required OpenGL driver which wasn't really supported as much as DirectX on old graphics cards. Nowadays it's no longer the case, however, if we go back about 10 years and pick any graphics card from that time period we can notice that DirectX had much more support by graphic cards vendors than OpenGL. Keeping that in mind I came up with a DirectX 9.0c rendering engine which was really a nice trick where the client was actually "thinking" that it is rendering using OpenGL 2.0, but in fact all OpenGL calls were translated to DirectX on the fly. That worked just fine as long as the graphics card did support DirectX 9.0c with shader model 3.0 (this is actually what "c" stands for). However, as you are probably aware that requires a graphics card from the last decade (a better one, obviously, higher DirectX version was not mandatory for graphics card vendors) and I have seen too many computers with graphics card older than that. However, since I don't want to force players to purchase better computer just to play tibianic.org I had to think about another solution. The idea was to create another DirectX rendering engine from scratch keeping in mind that we want to support old GPUs as well. The new rendering engine was being worked on simultaneously with other updates at the client to keep the "flow" going of fixing critical bugs. Eventually the time came when new DirectX engine was ready to be dispatched and tested on global scale. It took enormous amount of time to make that happen, but it was a mandatory task since we want the game to be available for every player out there. There were few minor fixes to the new DirectX engine, but since then everything is working as expected and the previous DirectX 9.0c engine is long gone by now. The performance of the new DirectX engine is much better than anything we had before which resulted in bringing back few players. However, since the new DirectX engine made it possible for new players to play the game yet another issues with performance came up - lighting. This was another issue I was working on before, but it was rather a medium priority at the time. The reason behind low performance of lights was because they used a blending technique quite extensively, and color blending is never a cheap operation on neither GPU or CPU. I had to figure out something else which lead to a totally new lighting technique again from scratch. It gave so much boost in performance that it was finally possible to use the game client on very old computers. However, you do not have to take my word for that, the game client and screenshots below speak for themselves.

Recently I was able to test the game client on a very low end computer with following specification:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (1 core).
GPU: Intel 82865G with hardware support only for DirectX 7.0.
RAM: 1 GB DDR
System: Windows XP SP3

The GPU and it's performance can be found here:
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net

Please use "Search for your Video Card" and type in "82865g".

High end and other much better videocards can be found there as well where you can compare total amount of points between different graphics cards.

Following screenshots were made on the computer mentioned above:

showoff1.png

showoff2.png

OpenGL version of the client is rendered on the CPU due to lack of drivers making a total of 1 fps in game, so it was not even worth to show it. Previous DirectX version (9.0c) will not even start due to lack of shader model within the GPU. The graphics card does only support DirectX 7.0 on a hardware level, however, DirectX 9 was installed within the operating system.

I hope that everyone can enjoy the new game client with a good performance now.

Could someone hook me and my friend up with two plate sets? Would be very appreciated. Thanks :)

Edit : on spectrum

Last edited:
Why you start play 7.4 whit 1x if you ask for items, quit playing im sure you wont get even lvl 40

Could someone hook me and my friend up with two plate sets? Would be very appreciated. Thanks :)

Edit : on spectrum

I can help you out with some basic gear if you do not have it yet. Just leave a PM with your characters name & city.

Hello!
I have couple of questions:
Where do most players play: spectrum or legacy?
Do both servers have "custom stuff" in them? How do oldschoolers like new custom stuff?

I got bored of real tibia, its not challenging anymore, was thinking about starting this server. Any tips on which server to choose?

For the serious people out here...
I live in The Netherlands, yet I'm on a holiday for 2,5 months in Sweden. The weather in The Netherlands is warmer then in Sweden. Approximus 2 degrees. However, the warm weather comes a bit later in Sweden then in The Netherlands.

All happy now :)

( Rofl, I'm suchs a douche )

Hello!
Do both servers have "custom stuff" in them? How do oldschoolers like new custom stuff?

I got bored of real tibia, its not challenging anymore, was thinking about starting this server. Any tips on which server to choose?
I chose Spectrum at first. Took me about 5 hours to get out of rook. Very boring imo. Got to 8 and switched to Legacy.
Leveled from 1-8 on Legacy. Took me about 90~minutes.
Spectrum has a slightly bigger community, but Legacy's has enough players for me to enjoy it. :)

Hello!

Both servers have roughly the same population right now. Spectrums tends to be around 10-20% higher when looking at the online list. Yes, both servers are exactly alike meaning that the custom content is exactly the same on both servers. However, the first update which was released about a year ago was made for high level legacy players & therefore some of its content is too hard for spectrum as the players are way lower. The upcoming update however seems to be made for mid level players aswell. Either way, doesn't really matter what server you'll choose, both are fine. If you want a very serious challenge go for spectrum, if not go legacy (not saying that legacy is easy, it's still way harder to level up than on real tibia)

Status
Not open for further replies.