• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Sirius 7.4 - Custom Server - 4x Experience - Started 20:00 1th of July

If you're focused on attracting a larger playerbase, have higher rates. People play OT servers because they are easy, and rarely want to spend too much time. I love this server but I couldn't bare to play with such low rates when it started last time :D
The amount of people who actually enjoy the challenge is small, and others don't have enough time to be competitive, if you have a low low rate server it will always result in lower amount of players. The higher the rates, the faster people get to safely PK, and hunt harder monsters / quests. The only problem is if it's too fast and people can solo demons they lose interest. If gameplay is only about PVP then people who are not prepared to PVP nonstop will get killed more then they can afford to and eventually quit. You got to get that smooth spot in the middle somewhere :p

It's currently doubled exp than what is stated on the site..... hopefully that will stay after reset.

Well without huge updates there is a big problem on this server.. on low lvl U have multiple options, lots to do and explore. On mid lvl U are hm limited only to hunt few spots or grind cyclops.. on high lvl there is only 1 valid place to hunt with possible profit or one to waste = its not enought for higher exp rate..

Well without huge updates there is a big problem on this server.. on low lvl U have multiple options, lots to do and explore. On mid lvl U are hm limited only to hunt few spots or grind cyclops.. on high lvl there is only 1 valid place to hunt with possible profit or one to waste = its not enought for higher exp rate..

I second that. I continued playing to explore the map a bit more. I think i have seen pretty much everything except for Warlocks/Demon. I really hope @Kungenn is able to work on a update or anything.

@Kungenn, I am willing to offer some free time to help where ever i can. PM me if you need it.

Sounds great guys!
I am actually a bit thrilled for this now. I am going to work until thursday, on friday it's a holiday in Sweden.
So Saturday and Sunday I will do some work, perhaps stream while doing so. Whoever is interested in working on the server or with me can join me on skype or whatever then. I will have a lot of free time in the future as the place I am working at got bought by a major company which only plan was to shut it down ( wanted the brand ). So when that happens I will spend lots of time on mapping etc.

Questions, should it be a lowrate which makes the servers map last longer? Higher rates means that spawns will quickly become obselete. Like if it's a lowrate people will hunt for longer periods on spawns before advancing into more dangerous and stronger monsters. I am fine with either but this should be decided fairly soon.

Peace guys!

@Kungenn
I think that exp should be 7-8x until lvl 25, then 5x until 50 and after that leave it 4x.
As for hunting spots - You have actually on this map like 4-5 places where U can add really nice spawns.. custom quests etc.
Challenging bosses/hard quests will make the map last longer because we would need to lvl up to complete it..
Add some quests for mid lvl weapons like knight axe/fire axe(for sword and club there is one..). Later some d lance/giant sword maybe? for like 70-80 lvl.
Make knight more usefull in team hunts on stronger creatures - atm a lot of monsters defence/armor is too high for knight even with dragon lance and 70 skill to hit them more than 30? I wanted to play ek this time on sirius but it sucked too much that i had to hunt with knight axe until someone would loot d lance? :/
I have plenty of ideas for these areas/quests/bosses if You are interested just let me know.

Very nice to see activity in this thread!. I like exp how it is currently (doubled) but It could be lowered some and it would be just fine. Like @ciro99k said a static amount like 5x would be cool to see, slower start up but doesn't take forever at end game to level up.

I might be available sunday. How should we get in touch?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I wont be able to stream but I will start cleaning up the server and write on the news that the server will start the 1th of July.
Worth to know is that I work until 19:30 CET on Friday so the earliest time we can schedule for launch would be 20:00 CET

It would be awesome if we somehow could agree on a set experience rate, perhaps 4x static experience rate or so.

I'm ok with a 4x static. Very excited for this server to reset.
I'll be there the first day, maybe not at launch depending if I am working.

Knights do need a buff vs high def monsters.....(I remember getting 2 shot by a gs on ek.... got hit for like 2-300 with a shield)(When I attack a Hero I do like under 40 dmg)
Pallys.... spears hitting floor kinda sucks...
Mages seemed fine.
Although eks are hindered by weapon type/drop. I went clubs just because I knew that war hammer/ss would be easy to obtain. However, I would have much rather prefered sword/axe

Also tasks could use a re-look at. Dragon task number is outta control....in gernal the task amount needs lowered, some tasks need reward increased in my opinion. And more tasks made would be great.

Last edited:
kinas pvp is off the chain but i saw that against high def moonsters they do bad so maybe formula is not correct?

• Re-work some of the tasks in Celestia to provide experience & gold and/or equipment (nothing substantial but a brass/plate set would suffice earlier in the game; especially for a knight).
• Static 4-5x (at most) exp would be great so long as the magic/skill rate is on par.
• Evaluate Knights/Paladins damage/defense to ensure they're not bugged because I can attest to some issues PvE wise where the damage taken was high whereas on some enemies the damage was greatly lowered. I understand taking armor into account, but it was well beyond that.

Looking forward to this. By the 11th I should be at my new job so I should have some free time to play for a bit.

Regards,
Cody

Long wait till friday..... getting pumped

Last edited:
Should edit first post with date in topic so they know it's being released soon.
What is the new rates and map on this version?

it doesnt worth playing this.

Then don't play. Simple.
There will be plenty of us that will.

why didnt u make new thread with start countdown/ advertising??!!

Has to be done when the launch is within 7 days, otherwise it violates the rules and will be removed.

Should edit first post with date in topic so they know it's being released soon.
What is the new rates and map on this version?

I'm sure he will do that after the 4th seeing as threads in advertisement can't be made more than 7 days in advance.

--

Should be there for the launch if all goes well. :)

Regards,
Cody