• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Thorsan 8.0 (Mid-Rates) RL-Map Server, WILL NEVER RESET!

Marcus, why mana cost for the runes is increased this much? o_O

Marcus I also dont understand the 'Advance Reward Info (Guild)' if one of the players in a guild buys points and there is 3 players online in that guild that are actively xping they will also receive points/ a share of the points??

delete SSA from shop yes its gonna be abused hardcore by daddys spoiled boys

why would you make random acc? such bullshit, dont tell me its cuz you dont want shitloads of fake accs cuz then you could have sent passwords to email instead.
and yet another custom client? do people never fucking learn.
jesus christ, great ot but you have to fuck it up by using custom client. so looking forward to all the problems people are going to have with it. I cant wait! really. really really....

also, do spears break?

Last edited:
why would you make random acc? such bullshit, dont tell me its cuz you dont want shitloads of fake accs cuz then you could have sent passwords to email instead.
jesus christ, great ot but you have to fuck it up by using custom client. so looking forward to all the problems people are going to have with it. I cant wait! really. really really....

also, do spears break?
what problems with custom client? i havent even heard of anyone having problems with custom clients unless it was OTClient based.
and i agree on the account thing, why dont let us choose. and donate shop with everything in it again ehhh, hope there is atleast many people and not fakes

Last edited:

also, do spears break?
what problems with custom client? i havent even heard of anyone having problems with custom clients unless it was OTClient based.
and i agree on the account thing, why dont let us choose. and donate shop with everything in it again ehhh, hope there is atleast many people and not fakes

The random account is because 99% of players, maybe including you.. keep using THE SAME acc/PW on all servers.
in DarkOT, 100's of accounts are hacked every week because people use same acc/pw everywhere, and then they come to me complaining that I got them hacked and so on..
And that I should regive them everything they lost and all that..

So that's why, Thorsan gives a random account number, so people stop being lazy and being hacked over and over.

The custom client, is because the game contains MORE than the actual 8.0 offers (more monsters, more items).
Before the time of Thorsan, I had this pretty badly made 8.0 server that didn't use custom client, people had to use ip changer..
But now the original 8.0 client from cipsoft displays a bunch of viruses if you scan it (false positives) yet.. 1/3 or more viruses showed is as the worst hacker tool ever.
So by that reason, not too many want to use the original client, because they think it's viruses in it.

I bet that the shop was the thing that took most time making the OT LOL
it took 3 hours building and designing the shop, and it took another 9 hours filling it up.

But the entire game itself took 6 months to complete.
The worst one took over 30 hours and involved connection systems in the foundation of the server.
So no, the shop wasn't the one took the most time to build.

Marcus, why mana cost for the runes is increased this much? o_O
That's the actual rune cost of 8.0 :p
However you make all rues in double charges :)

Marcus I also dont understand the 'Advance Reward Info (Guild)' if one of the players in a guild buys points and there is 3 players online in that guild that are actively xping they will also receive points/ a share of the points??

If you're in a guild, and there's at least 3 members online, and one of them advance.
The one who advance, and everyone in the guild will get the "guild points" displayed in the about page.

For example, one of these 3 advance to level 25, then everyone in the guild will get 10 donation points :)

(only the members who was exping the last few minutes, will get the points)

Great work by adding guild wars and revamping the frag system definitely something which put off many people after playing for 2 weeks on the previous edition.

I still feel like the jumps mid level are too high. and x3 from like 200 atleast pls
Thank you!
About the exp rates in the end, I'm not sure yet about that, I need more players opinion before I come to a decision.

Last edited:
Dont like good items in shop and web is very ugly but gonna check the start.

1st time i logg-in in the forums after 1 month+-.... i were so bussy having tons of fun at darkot!!!
I dont like 8,0 version at all BUT im in. i'll give it a chance because its YOUR server and ure doing pretty well in my humble opinion, even playing with terrible lags, darkot was (is) so nice.

See you around m8s :)

1st time i logg-in in the forums after 1 month+-.... i were so bussy having tons of fun at darkot!!!
I dont like 8,0 version at all BUT im in. i'll give it a chance because its YOUR server and ure doing pretty well in my humble opinion, even playing with terrible lags, darkot was (is) so nice.

See you around m8s :)
Thank you mate!
See you in Thorsan! :)

the launch went great IMO!
18:34 New record: 312 players are logged in.

"Loot: 4x"
Code:
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: 18 gold coins, ham, a sword
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: 16 gold coins, meat, ham, a mace
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: 15 gold coins, meat, ham, a legion helmet
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: meat, ham, a sword
18:32 Loot of a carrion worm: nothing
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: a mace, a worm
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: 23 gold coins, meat, ham, a legion helmet
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: meat, ham
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: meat, ham, 3 worms
How is it possible that GP doesnt drop every time when the loot is set to 4x?

fix plz

"Loot: 4x"
Code:
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: 18 gold coins, ham, a sword
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: 16 gold coins, meat, ham, a mace
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: 15 gold coins, meat, ham, a legion helmet
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: meat, ham, a sword
18:32 Loot of a carrion worm: nothing
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: a mace, a worm
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: 23 gold coins, meat, ham, a legion helmet
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: meat, ham
18:32 Loot of a rotworm: meat, ham, 3 worms
How is it possible that GP doesnt drop every time when the loot is set to 4x?

fix plz
qaWph2.png

It means that gold is dropped at 1x rate, but you'll get 1.5x more every time you loot it.
That also means, you'll loot more gold from monsters with 1.5x more coins, then you'd do on a 10x loot rate in another server.
Since most creatures have 80+% dropchance of gold, you'd reach the MAX chance for gold drop already at 1.2-1.3x loot, meaning it doesn't matter if loot is 1.3x or 1000x, you'd still get same amount of gold from monsters :)

So, in final, you actually loot more gold in the long run, gaining 1.5x more coins, instead of 1.5x as often :)

qaWph2.png

It means that gold is dropped at 1x rate, but you'll get 1.5x more every time you loot it.
That also means, you'll loot more gold from monsters with 1.5x more coins, then you'd do on a 10x loot rate in another server.
Since most creatures have 80+% dropchance of gold, you'd reach the MAX chance for gold drop already at 1.2-1.3x loot, meaning it doesn't matter if loot is 1.3x or 1000x, you'd still get same amount of gold from monsters :)

So, in final, you actually loot more gold in the long run, gaining 1.5x more coins, instead of 1.5x as often :)
There are rotworms that dont drop gold coins, test it yourself. so it matters what loot rate is set for gold coins. not that it matters long term on a highrate like this but GP-based monsters have their loot way lower than item-based monsters because of this

There are rotworms that dont drop gold coins, test it yourself. so it matters what loot rate is set for gold coins. not that it matters long term on a highrate like this but GP-based monsters have their loot way lower than item-based monsters because of this

Mate, please take a minute and read what I just said.. you loot MORE gold in long run like this, than if you'd get gold 4x as often instead.

For example, Dragon lord drops like random 0-200 gp.. 90% drop.. at 1x loot rate.
meaning it would reach it's MAX at about 1.1x loot rate.. you practically loot same gold from dls at 1x loot.. as at 100x loot...

But now with 1x loot, and 1.5x extra coins instead... you'll be looting about 0-300 gp in 9 out of 10 dls instead..
you lose 10% by the loot rate, but gain 50% more because the gold drop rate.

You understand what I'm saying?

Back