• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Voidcore 7.4 - Official Start on Friday - 12.01.18 - 18:00 CET

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on the Spear Issue (you actually lose 2 seconds instead of 5, as groggy stated - it's resetting the action time only).

The deal with the spear fixing update was to make it fair to other vocations as paladins can hunt cyclops at level 8, they can still do but now it's got a little harder, that was basically it.

Now to balance paladins skill levels I'm even thinking about creating a poll to decide over small stones (as they're used to train distance).

Don't worry @dotsh , Voidcore is at this point pretty volatile and can vary according with time due to balancing needs, it's not that I'm lazy and do not want to improve / balance the game, we just need to find a good point, I welcome all feedback!

Thank you so much.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

7.4 paladins always had that kind of mechanic, you pick up the spear, or swap attack style and you lose one entire turn, based on when you switch or swap/add the weapon to your hand, so if you throw a spear and pick it up just before the attack turn ends, you will suffer another 2 seconds of lag. This is how Tibia has always worked.

Having a lot of fun on the server. Great community, also got pk'd already but thats all part of the game. There are some minor fixes but Okke is aware of all of them and always tries to fix them as fast as he can. Also its nice to see the server is growing by the day.

The struggle is real but never felt so good before ;)!

About the spear issue, If you pre drag the spears to your hand from the floor, and pick them up literally right after you throw a spear, you do not lose an attack this way or have that delay in attack. This is normal, and can be timed properly.

Redleaf is level 14. But you need level 30+ to create your own guild!

:(

Regards,
Cody

@Groggy sorry, i still dont agree there. Also, that 5 sec exhaust, i am not sure if it was ever there, but you only need to equip spears again once a spear gets fired, to not interrupt the atk cycle again.
7.4 paladins always had that kind of mechanic, you pick up the spear, or swap attack style and you lose one entire turn, based on when you switch or swap/add the weapon to your hand, so if you throw a spear and pick it up just before the attack turn ends, you will suffer another 2 seconds of lag. This is how Tibia has always worked.
About the spear issue, If you pre drag the spears to your hand from the floor, and pick them up literally right after you throw a spear, you do not lose an attack this way or have that delay in attack. This is normal, and can be timed properly.
3 people blindly defending the spear mechanic as "normal" and "This is how it always worked". Even after Okke confirmed that it was an intentional change (bug more like).

Last edited by a moderator:
3 people blindly defending the spear mechanic as "normal" and "This is how it always worked". Even after Okke confirmed that it was an intentional change.

Yo Groggy,

I'm currently investigating this "issue" as it doesn't happen only with spears but with any other weapon when you equip it while hitting a monster.

I tested and am still testing this on a real cip-engine with different variations and it works perfectly with spears (without the delay when adding it in the middle of the cycle - no matter at what time).

It's clear that Voidcore isn't perfect and it's going to be fine the way we're going, we'll find balance with time, the most important thing is that we're not failing in balance the game, such just takes time, at least no one is suffering by not being able to play fairly due to general or huge problems that affect the gameplay.

Thanks everyone for holding together and being patient - that's the essence of success.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

3 people blindly defending the spear mechanic as "normal" and "This is how it always worked". Even after Okke confirmed that it was an intentional change (bug more like).

Lets get something straight. all i mentioned is that you could still pick up spears without a damn delay. As people were trying to say there is a delay (Which there was) I was saying there is a way to avoid it. If you can read my post again.

Dont get your panties up in a bunch, with the vulgar statements. There is no need for it.

Didnt mean to say its absolutely normal that spears work this way. my bad on that one.

Well tbh i never played paladins at the 7.x era, only played them on OTs and they always had that annoying shitty bug I guess, because thats one of the reasons i never played them :p

I'm not sucking anyone's dick, I dont agree with some of the changes Okke made but what can I do? I thought that was the way it worked XD

jRlSIt0.jpg

Zero Deaths :p

Hello everyone again,

with the Today Server's Patch I gladly announce that:

- Spears-Pickup-Delay has been fixed (the cycle of attacking had an extra 2000 ms delay while adding spears up to the stack in your hands)

- Skills and Magic-Level have been readjusted for a more accurated progression.

Next Server-Save Update:

- Channels for non-english speakers have been added (Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and Polish)

Thanks for Playing on Voidcore.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

Back