• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Free VIP vs Paid VIP

dominique120

Science & Reason
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what people prefer, Paid VIP or Free VIP

Ofc in the vip areas you can find more creatures, quests, NPCs, houses, etc.

Free in my opinion, but hard to get! :)

I'm curious as to what people prefer, Paid VIP or Free VIP

Ofc in the vip areas you can find more creatures, quests, NPCs, houses, etc.

I never understood why people even made the whole 'VIP' thing when there's a perfectly good and working Premium Account system, which is basically the same thing as the VIP.

Now then, what's the point of free VIP?
I mean, VIP was created to distinguish between donators and facc players and to give those donators some new options in the game. If you don't want to have such a division among players, why create any kind of VIP/Premium system? Just let everyone have the same features available to them.

And my personal preference is paid VIP only if it doesn't give the player unfair advantage (such as the ones you described in your post), but some other things that are fair to everyone. I prefer paid just because I know that it's hard to host a server nowadays and it gets costly and this is a nice way to show your support and get a little gift back for that.

The thing is I have a little vip city with a few small(but pretty)houses and a place with large castles and I'm considering making this areas free. Why? because I dont want to appear like a greedy person.

There is "VIP Hunting" but this is freely accessible after a certain level.

I also though of making the donation items available in a quest(hard one obviously), what do you guys think of this?

I say that you make the area accesible but those pretty houses/castles can only be purchased by vip players.
Making donator items available through a harder quest - yes to that too.

No VIP at all.
Paid VIP was just introduced to earn money :(

Free account & Premium account, or premium account for all.

On ots ppl feel that its too much to "remove" premium account, and replace that with "vip". There for vip exists.
I always use like other ots, if you play an rl map, you have tps to poi, inq, mines, lizard city, etc places where ppl wanna go, but don't wanna waste time walking to.

Make a hard quest, to get vip by free users. Or make it posible to trade vip ingame, so they can hunt on "free monsters" gain money / rare items to trade with someone who has donated.
Everyone has there own opinion in this, as you probbly know. Do as you feel is best.

And after all, what ots survive without donations? And atleast now when a dedi is like 100 eurs+ if you want DDos protection, and don't come and say "I use don's service", can't even count the ppl that have pmed me and asked for help, since he dosent do shit...

I never understood why people even made the whole 'VIP' thing when there's a perfectly good and working Premium Account system, which is basically the same thing as the VIP.

Now then, what's the point of free VIP?
I mean, VIP was created to distinguish between donators and facc players and to give those donators some new options in the game. If you don't want to have such a division among players, why create any kind of VIP/Premium system? Just let everyone have the same features available to them.

And my personal preference is paid VIP only if it doesn't give the player unfair advantage (such as the ones you described in your post), but some other things that are fair to everyone. I prefer paid just because I know that it's hard to host a server nowadays and it gets costly and this is a nice way to show your support and get a little gift back for that.

VIP is often used to restrict players from certain content, while offering free premium so players can use all spells, blessings etc.

VIP is often used to restrict players from certain content, while offering free premium so players can use all spells, blessings etc.

Yeah I get that. So why not make premium content just "premium = false" and leave the content that you want to restrict facc players from as "premium = true" in that case? They had to go and make a whole new system for that. Genius idea. xd

Yeah I get that. So why not make premium content just "premium = false" and leave the content that you want to restrict facc players from as "premium = true" in that case? They had to go and make a whole new system for that. Genius idea. xd
Creating a vip system is the matter of changing some storage values. Often easier than messing with all files changing premium behavior.

This is what I will do now:
1. Keep VIP
2. VIP hunting areas will be available at a certain level(not a high one but one that shows "commitment" to the server)
3. VIP cities will be available to everyone but the houses are only purchasable by VIP players
4. Donation items are obtainable in game but require a hard quest(they are also tradable in game)
5. Monsters drop items that can be exchanged for a rune that will give you premium points.

How do you like it?

When I started creating my ot I designed it so I could, if I ever wanted to, add a donation system. I have a "currency" in the game that can be used to play the lottery now for example. This currency is mostly found in boss monsters, and very rarely found in normal monsters. I got the idea from a MMO called Conquer Online.

I have been hosting this a few times alredy and so far never used a donation system.
I think donating should give nothing but feeling of making a good cause.
Since I've designed my ot just as such, I think things that do not give donating players any advantage in technical gameplay is fair. Such as addons and pretty houses in attractive locations.

well my little opinion is you have to do something for ppl always keep trying to get, could be "vip items, areas or w/e" but it must be something fun and enjoyable that is what keep the ppl hurry and giving his best try, but VIP areas PAID, in my opinion doesn't work, cuz that's limit ppl from other countrys or things like that, this happened to me when I've played tibia on 2006 and can't buy premium cuz I am from Venezuela and didn't have $ to pay it.

Back