• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Game of Thrones [Westeros Online]

foxbrg2

Reaction score
At First forgive my english, I am from Brazil.

Westeros Online
(can be changed for copyright issues, however I believe that being a nonprofit project initially there is no problem)
Logo.jpg
all.jpg
1 – Introduçction
Game of Thrones is an American television series created by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss for HBO. The series is based on the book series A Song of Ice and Fire, written by George R. R. Martin, with its title being derived from the first book.
The Chronicles of Ice and Fire is a series of epic fantasy books written by novelist and screenwriter George R. American R. Martin and published by Bantam Spectra editor.
The novels revolve around the Seven Kingdoms, where a war for possession of the Iron Throne is locked. The story takes place mostly on the continent of Westeros, whose extension is equivalent to South America, but also on a large landmass to the east called Essos. There is a universal language - the common language of Westeros - as well as regional dialects and even an extinct language

2 – The Project
The initial proposal is to create a game based on the world created by Martin taking advantage of the system created by the Tibia, in other words, create an OT like many other as Pokémon, Digimon, Bleach, etc.. The OT count on own map, own systems and can be utilized some outfits and items from Tibia (like new can be created as well).

3 – Players
At first players will not be alowed to choce the family (Stark, Lannister, Targaryen), will only be allowed to choose which city will start the game. I think it makes the game more real, after all, if it were allowed, there would be millions of players in each family, creating absurd.
In the universe of Martin, there is no great variety of races as in other games (eg elf, orc, etc.), for this reason, the player will only be allowed to be male or female human.

4 – Classes/Profissões
The player's class is not something chosen as definitive like in Tibia, allowing the player more flexibility and can experience all classes at any time. Example: The player started the game and wanted to specialize in two-handed sword, the more he train with two-handed sword, the more this skill will increase, but it can also from one point wanting to be a good archer too, so he just train with bow and his skill will increase at the same rate as the previous one, and there is not a slowness to advance the skill away because the player has begun his career with two-handed sword. In other words the player can be good in many areas, just train them.
It should highlight the acting skills (which are linked to fights) that could be in the game. However there isn't something definite, while creating the game may be changes:
# One-Handed Sword: the higher the level the greater the damage with that weapon.
# Two-Handed Sword: the higher the level the greater the damage with that weapon.
# Distance: including bows, crossbows and that there is more distance. The higher the level the greater the damage to the weapon.
# Mace: the higher the level the greater the damage with that weapon.
# Spear: the higher the level the greater the damage with that weapon
# Axe: the higher the level the greater the damage with that weapon.
# Shield: the higher the level the lower the damage suffered with that shield.
Ex: A increased at each level of the active skills above the weapon damage, or in the case of shield the damage reduced, shall be multiplied by a factor greater. To illustrate, if the player is with a one-handed sword with 12 attack value and their ability to one-handed sword is 5, the damage will be multiplied by a factor of "x", that will be 12 times "x", if the player increase his level of onde-handed sword and continue with the same sword, the damage is now multiplied by a factor "y" where "y"> "x".
The players job as well as the class will not be anything definitive except the Night's Watch. Thus allow greater flexibility so that the player can become good at many things or specialize in just one.
It should highlight the passive skills. Again, there may be changes, nothing is definite.
# Farmer: the ability is advanced as it does food. This will require, hunting one animal, collect the meat of the animal and cook it. As the skill is advanced food made by the farmer will have more energy recovery than done by a farmer in the lower level.
# Blacksmith: The player will be able to forge their own armor. Having to harvest ore for that. The player with the highest skill level in the blacksmith skill will be able to build the same armor from a certain ore, but with the defense (or damage in case of weapons) higher. The weapons and armor in the game will have useful life. After "n" suffered strokes, or "n" blows applied to the enemy in the case of weapons, their equipment will break, encouraging players to practice this skill. To illustrate, in the shop can be purchased a normal sword with attack=12 for example while the player that have higher skill in blacksmith will be able to forge the same sword with 12 +1 damage.
# Steal: Is allowed to the player steal other players. Will be allowed only steal objects that are in the bag of another player and not his properly equipped devices. The player who has the steal ability will have its theft attempted multiplied by a factor of "x" (this factor is very low, because stealing is not a simple thing). If the theft fails, the player will become an "out-law" warning to other players that the player is dangerous and can be attacked by anyone.
# Anti-stealing: As a player suffers attempted robbery this ability is increased and so decreases the next attempted robbery being suffered by a factor of "x". The ability means that if the player has been stolen several times it becomes more "smart" and tends to suffer fewer thefts.
# Alchemist: will be able to create potions. The higher the level the greater chance your potions work out. Liquids and plants are required to build specific potion.
# Tamer: the only existing mount in the game is Horse. Achieving this will be allowed to buy them in stores or tame them. As they try to tame horses more, this ability is more advanced. The player with the highest level tends to tame more easily, allowing the player if he want, to become a horse dealer.
# Bargain: As a player makes purchases in the game, his ability to bargain is advanced, the higher the level of this skill items become cheaper to purchase in stores by a factor "x". This skill will be developed very slowly so that the items do not become so cheap.
# Fishing: like other skills, the higher the level becomes easier fishing.
# Night's Watch: as we had mentioned earlier, the only profession that will be definitive is to work on the Night's Watch. Thus how in the world created by Martin. There is a place known as The Wall. The wall separates the continent of Westeros in two parts, the northern part of the wall home to the wild and dangerous creatures known as White Walkers. It is up to the Nights's Watch to defend the southern part of Westeros of this dangerous creatures. The player who decides to become a ranger will not be allowed to explore more the south territory of the wall as well as in books.

5 – Creatures
Since the universe of Martin is provided with little diversity of creatures, the game would be based on:
# Animals: would be the easiest way for beginners to train.
# Humans: here would fit a huge range of different enemies for different levels. Hunters, knights, thieves, beggars, Dothraki, etc..
# White Walkers: just as in the books, to kill them you must have an obsidian and use it in the body of the creature after ending his life, otherwise the player will not receive the proper experience.
# Wights: the creatures are resurrected by the white walkers, to kill them you must use a torch on the body after defeating him, otherwise you will not receive the proper experience and the creature will return to life.
# Shadows:
# Dragons:
# Manticores: insect similar to scorpion, extremely poisonous. Present on the continent of Essos.

6 – Map
The map of Game of Thrones so far consists of three continents and one of them still unknown. The major continents are Westeros (giving rise to the name of the project) and Essos. Each continent with dozens of cities and castles with different people, different cultures etc.

7 – Other Systems
# Possession of land: each player may be master of one or more farms, would be like the houses in Tibia, the player have initially to go to a specific location of the castle responsible for the region where the farm is located and pay a price for the land. The farm is good to have place to sleep and recover your stamina, your storage location for horses (allowing that has more than one), local for plant (plants will be used in alchemy) and local to forge weapons.
The owner of the farm can give names of other players who can enter your farm to work for him as a blacksmith, farmer, alchemist, etc..
Each player may challenge the owner of a farm to dominate their land, the owner can accept or not the challenge (battle) if he rejects, he will automatically lose his land, if he accepted shall initiate an official battle (the term means that the player who challenged not become an out-law as in the case of stealing skill) if he wins the battle he continues with his land if he lose will lose their land to those who challenged him, in the battle will be allowed to join allies on both sides to simulate a war / riot.
# Extra backpack: the player will be allowed to buy donkeys to be able to carry more equipment, the donkey will follow you like in the Pokémon games. When you have a donkey in your personal items will have a drawing of a donkey who will be like a backpack allowing you to carry more items.
# Quests: In each city and castles there will be NPCs that fit for quests throughout in various locations, it is up to the player to talk to everyone until you find them. The quests will be like, add "n" items, kill "n" wolves, etc.. Each quest will provide different rewards to the player.
# Special Moves: for every style of weapon will be special moves every 10 skills level that the player advance. For example, when the player reaches level 10 in one-handed sword is released a new move, not necessarily give you more damage to the enemy may be other skills such as making the opponent slower, etc..
Each stroke has its particular coldown, limiting the player to use it all the time (system similar to the Pokémon in poketibia)
# Public messages: to send messages to all players (with intent to sell certain equipment or to warn other players to particular player is dangerous, etc..) Will need to go to a crow. The crows are located in cities and castles in certain places.
# Will be able for the players to acquire ships that allow players to navigate through the continents of the game, however this will be extremely expensive.
# Are there brothels in the game, where the player can pay for a prostitute in order to regain stamina.
# There will be duel of knights mounted like on the show.

8 – Team
For a project with so much detail is necessary a dedicated and experienced team. I am a spritter, however i have no other skill that can help exception with good ideas for the project.
I think we need at least two good mappers, two good scrippters to create new systems cited above and one or two more spritters to help me.
Interested come in contact below. The preference is for those who follow at least the show, but will not be mandatory if we do not have volunteers.
Any questions please contact below.

Sincerely,

Mateus.

I love this freaking show, so awesome. Can't belive someone is actually making a server about it, Good luck with this i'll make sure to keep a close eye on this.

I like the idea, however do you imagine amount of work must be done, in order to make this server come online for real? =D Even if it gonna be online, the only GoT fans gonna play it, as so far I can't imagine any proper gameplay; Tibia players are not the ones who likes to harvest food and hunt for wolfs (if u know what I mean :p); Imo such server must be based on pure pvp against families...anyway thats just a quick thoughts; Good luck with the project, I would like to stay tuned :p

I love this show as well, I would love to see this finished and released. You have some really good ideas to turn Game of Thrones into an OT, I hope people do join your team. Have you thought about a pet system so you can have a Wolf following you as well? Like the pokemon system, it should get it's own independent levels and experience.

I'll be following this. Good luck.

Thank you all for replying, try to talk about it with everyone, people who you think can help me
It will be a lot of work for sure, but i belive that pokemon have the same trouble
I think that I can reune good and dedicated people for the work we can made it
We can incorporate the pet system, its a good idea and every idea that you have don't exitate to tell me
it always good to talk about it
thank you one more time

Actually it isn't going, because it's only me, and i'm spritter, i don't know how to program or build maps. =/
I just sended some messages for those mappers that i think would help me... waiting...
if you know somebody that can help me don't exitate to tell me
thank you

Here some new outfits that I made
I believe that if the player can changes only the head of his char it will be good (like I did with the nights watch outfits)
all.png
those are the
night's watch outfit
Jamie lannister outfit
Briene outfit
Wildling outfit
a head with long hair and beard
White walker outfit
Jorah outfit
Dothraki outfit
Lannister soldiers outfit
another wildling

I enjoy watching Game of Thrones and I hope you will implement the most important characteristics of this show, then the project will rock.

When you want to show more of your sprites, please use the small art section to show them. This thread should be meant for people to look for a position in your team. But you are allowed to use some examples in your first post to make it more interesting.

Last edited:
Thank you both,
Xenios, I will do it, sorry for posting in the wrong place

You should create a discussion thread and update it there. I wish you all the best, since I love A Song of Ice and Fire series. :)

Im in a project already but it would be nice to donate a mapping piece sometime. Pm if you're interested.

Back