• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Games that started as OTs?

pistvakt

Reaction score
So as far as I know Zezenia started/used some ot distro and Medivia. Zezenia must have been up for, what it feels like 15 years which I find amazing seeing their small online numbers through the years. Any lore who made it? Maybe he/she/they lurks here.

Are there more out there? I'm curious!

Ravendawn. Definitely the most known nowadays, due to a lot of advertisments and hype inside tibia community.
People say it's not tibia and well.... while it is not tibia anymore, since it used TFS engine as a base you could say that it started as an OT.
A really good game worth trying. Still in beta though. Hopefully will not end like League of Legends (in beta 10+ years hahaha)

Tibia players are something else if they meme about 10 years of beta in league (propably ironic) and give a Ravendawn as an example of good game worth trying
Phobos, zezenia and there is new idea being worked on I made new game out of Tibia (https://otland.net/threads/i-made-new-game-out-of-tibia.284181/#post-2721518)
Didn't enjoy his server but his new project looks enjoyable and waiting for more
Also Rangers Arcani is there (medium quality, but gameplay is enjoyable [a lot of p2w if u want to progress faster] but they have problems with website, in few months they want to make new edition

Tibia players are something else if they meme about 10 years of beta in league (propably ironic) and give a Ravendawn as an example of good game worth trying
Phobos, zezenia and there is new idea being worked on I made new game out of Tibia (https://otland.net/threads/i-made-new-game-out-of-tibia.284181/#post-2721518)
Didn't enjoy his server but his new project looks enjoyable and waiting for more
Also Rangers Arcani is there (medium quality, but gameplay is enjoyable [a lot of p2w if u want to progress faster] but they have problems with website, in few months they want to make new edition
Ravendawn has advertisments and playerbase while I think zezenia is quite dead - I'm not playing that, but I say it based on how nearly non-existent movement there is on discord and also players themselves on forum say it is a dead ots.

Ravendawn has advertisments and playerbase while I think zezenia is quite dead - I'm not playing that, but I say it based on how nearly non-existent movement there is on discord and also players themselves on forum say it is a dead ots.
The difference is that Zezenia was released years ago while Ravendawn still not (despite any deadlines promised already).

About Phobos, worth to note that they are on Steam Phobos on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1373350/Phobos/)

I watched several streamers playing ravendawn and didn't liked the idea of the game, while the graphics are nice and such, all people do is questing, questing and more questing or you don't progress...

and I'll never get used to the diagonal walking with no speed penalty

why do people try to make you believe that ravendawn, bloodstone, RA and other otservers are not otservers? They use tfs, mostly otc as a client, just because they are edited and have their own graphics/mechanics doesn't suddenly make them new games, they are still ots, heavily changed but still otservers lol

why do people try to make you believe that ravendawn, bloodstone, RA and other otservers are not otservers? They use tfs, mostly otc as a client, just because they are edited and have their own graphics/mechanics doesn't suddenly make them new games, they are still ots, heavily changed but still otservers lol
So Tibia is just an alternative customized Ultima VII server?

1682746928153.jpeg

so it is. only bloodstone took the graphics a little more seriously (they switched from 32 to 64 pixels)

That was a legit question, cause I have no idea. Also, how is that relevant? Only OTS use tfs and otc.
No, man, both OTC and TFS are developed by the community and are open-source projects, Cip has nothing to do with it.

According to their github page, TFS is "a free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++". On the other hand, OTC is basically a client for tibia otservers, of course, but highly customizable. If you get rid of all the content owned by cip, such as sprites, icons, client layout and etc., it's just codes and the software itself, which are open to the community, and you're basically free to do whatever you want to.

Tibia is not the only game that uses 32 pixels frames. Nor to use 45º camera angle. If a game has different mechanics, different experience tables, equipments, items, skills, spells, coding, graphics, client layout, I don't know what else it would take to be seen as an independent game.

No, man, both OTC and TFS are developed by the community and are open-source projects, Cip has nothing to do with it.
That is pretty obvious, but again you're speaking of something that is not related to any of my comments. My point was that if tibia uses different engine, client and has pretty much everything different besides the sprites angles then it is separate game.
According to their github page, TFS is "a free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++". On the other hand, OTC is basically a client for tibia otservers, of course, but highly customizable. If you get rid of all the content owned by cip, such as sprites, icons, client layout and etc., it's just codes and the software itself, which are open to the community, and you're basically free to do whatever you want to.
It can even say whatever, we all know what it is made for.
Tibia is not the only game that uses 32 pixels frames. Nor to use 45º camera angle. If a game has different mechanics, different experience tables, equipments, items, skills, spells, coding, graphics, client layout, I don't know what else it would take to be seen as an independent game.
Yeah and just leave a ton of the same mechanics and solutions. The difference is that these "games" feel like tibia and are played like tibia. Just because you change some part of it (even like whole content), it is still an OTS.

The only ots that is far enough from tibia to call itself a different game is GLA, but even that is questionable imo.

Last edited:
Let me explain it to you - own engine, own client, own sprites, own world means that even if multiple games are using the same open source engine and client, if they have their own unique sprites and world, they are considered separate games.

For example, Ultima VII and Tibia both have a "2.5D perspective," but they are separate games with their own unique sprites and world. Similarly, Ravendawn, Bloodstone, Medivia, Zezania, and Phobos are all separate games with their own unique sprites and world.

While Rangers Arcani, PxG, and GLA are also separate games, they use some Tibia sprites.

Claiming that Ravendawn is an OTS is like saying that every game made using Unreal Engine is an Unreal Tournament Custom Server.

Last edited:
Back