• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Ascalon Revival - July 28th 2023!

Server Website/AAC
https://ascalon.online/
Server Address
ascalon.online
Server Port
Client Protocol
-Black and red skulled creatures will now only start attacking players if they have been attacked. If they haven't been attacked for 60 seconds, they won't look for any new targets.

I get that some players don't like the thrill in a game and just want to mindless run around. A lot of previous Ascalon players love to explore the deepest caves with all the dangers included. A week before this change, I with some other 300+ cleared the black skulls in some caves called in on chat/discord. This is fun and stimulates the community to interact and work together.

I feel that a middle ground approach would have been better, instead of just destroying the thrill of a real Ascalon world, reducing challenging mobs to passive statues. For example, reduce their movement speed a bit, or just make the change for black skulls and leave the red skulled mobs in their aggressive nature.

-Black and red skulled creatures will now only start attacking players if they have been attacked. If they haven't been attacked for 60 seconds, they won't look for any new targets.

I get that some players don't like the thrill in a game and just want to mindless run around. A lot of previous Ascalon players love to explore the deepest caves with all the dangers included. A week before this change, I with some other 300+ cleared the black skulls in some caves called in on chat/discord. This is fun and stimulates the community to interact and work together.

I feel that a middle ground approach would have been better, instead of just destroying the thrill of a real Ascalon world, reducing challenging mobs to passive statues. For example, reduce their movement speed a bit, or just make the change for black skulls and leave the red skulled mobs in their aggressive nature
Bad take

The server is great, and team/devs response to feedback is quite a nice change compared to most these days (who either have huge egos, or simply cater to all suggestions). It feels like they understand the concept of Ascalon to great degree and don't want to stray to far from Fare's original vision.

It could still use some fine tuning (experience, gold, loot, balance) but so far none of them are so egregious as to stop me from enjoying the server. More content is always a plus and if the team have the means, I see this version of Ascalon being the best yet.

I feel that a middle ground approach would have been better, instead of just destroying the thrill of a real Ascalon world, reducing challenging mobs to passive statues. For example, reduce their movement speed a bit, or just make the change for black skulls and leave the red skulled mobs in their aggressive nature.
It will stay like how is currently, maybe the red skull change will be reverted eventually, I do agree with you though that there should be random threats like there was before. I think in some cases those monsters became way too overtuned though, but there will definitely be more random things that can happen with monsters in the future.

Server has been live for over two weeks now and today there was a content patch:

A new update is rolling out today, featuring an expanded level 250+ area, additional high-level monsters, a plethora of fresh items, numerous new mounts and outfits for players to acquire, and a host of general enhancements and bug fixes.

-Sharpshooters level 260 and level 310 spells can now hit up to 8 targets (previously 4).
-Fixed a bug that made it possible to move altars of war & altars of endurance.
-More bosses have autoloot now.
-4 new mounts are possible to obtain.
-3 new outfits are possible to obtain.

-Grade 8 items can be obtained as rare drops from: demon skeletons, dreamhaunters, infernal mages, jungle beasts, hobgoblins and king granirk.
-The existing grade 8 weapons have had their stats increased.
-Lots of tier 7 recipes can now also be used on grade 8 equipment (for double the cost).

-Swamplands has been expanded, a new cave has been added underneath death dragons.
-A new area has been added in the south city, south from the disgusting checkpoint you can now find a new area to explore.
-Updated the monsters you can get from the Daily task for a lot of level ranges.
-Priest's lepidus spell will now always enchant both the caster and the target.

-Fixed a bug that could make it so the plant in the arctic horror quest could become unreachable.

-More changes to balance of monsters, some have had their experience boosted, resistances and armors reduced to make more places viable to hunt.
-Fixed a bug that prevented bosses from spawning in solo dungeons.
-Grade 7 items from dungeons can be gotten from level 350 (previously 400).
-Lots of other minor issues have been fixed.

Many more changes have also been made, for example all your characters outfits and mounts on your account now count towards bonuses!

Last edited:
It will stay like how is currently, maybe the red skull change will be reverted eventually, I do agree with you though that there should be random threats like there was before. I think in some cases those monsters became way too overtuned though, but there will definitely be more random things that can happen with monsters in the future.

Server has been live for over two weeks now and today there was a content patch:

A new update is rolling out today, featuring an expanded level 250+ area, additional high-level monsters, a plethora of fresh items, numerous new mounts and outfits for players to acquire, and a host of general enhancements and bug fixes.

-Sharpshooters level 260 and level 310 spells can now hit up to 8 targets (previously 4).
-Fixed a bug that made it possible to move altars of war & altars of endurance.
-More bosses have autoloot now.
-4 new mounts are possible to obtain.
-3 new outfits are possible to obtain.

-Grade 8 items can be obtained as rare drops from: demon skeletons, dreamhaunters, infernal mages, jungle beasts, hobgoblins and king granirk.
-The existing grade 8 weapons have had their stats increased.
-Lots of tier 7 recipes can now also be used on grade 8 equipment (for double the cost).

-Swamplands has been expanded, a new cave has been added underneath death dragons.
-A new area has been added in the south city, south from the disgusting checkpoint you can now find a new area to explore.
-Updated the monsters you can get from the Daily task for a lot of level ranges.
-Priest's lepidus spell will now always enchant both the caster and the target.

-Fixed a bug that could make it so the plant in the arctic horror quest could become unreachable.

-More changes to balance of monsters, some have had their experience boosted, resistances and armors reduced to make more places viable to hunt.
-Fixed a bug that prevented bosses from spawning in solo dungeons.
-Grade 7 items from dungeons can be gotten from level 350 (previously 400).
-Lots of other minor issues have been fixed.

Many more changes have also been made, for example all your characters outfits and mounts on your account now count towards bonuses!

Thanks man!
Great (content) updates, you keep things interesting! Sick job!

Hello! The server has been online for over a month now. Many old players had the chance to revisit Ascalon, and lots of new players tried out this amazing server for the first time.

The server crashed a total of 5 times since launch. Three of those crashes were “normal” and were fixed right after they occurred. The other two were because the server went out of sync with the database, causing issues like players not being able to log in or save new stuff. Although this problem isn't fixed yet, we're collecting logs to figure out what's going wrong.

The server has quite limited content, especially for returning players who already knew what to do. There are also balance problems, and it seems like all spells need reviewing and adjustments. Newer spells should feel more powerful, and spell scaling should be improved.

The new client worked well overall, but there were some bugs due to it. We're still working on fixing bigger issues like players getting out of sync.

The server will continue to receive updates. Initially, I had a lot of time for the server's launch, but in the past two weeks, I returned to my job and also have other responsibilites. I've reached out to others to help with client improvements and creating new content for the server. Please keep reporting issues and feedback in our discord channel in the appropiate channels.

Last edited:
I missed this server. I remember i use to play this server everyday, good times. maybe ill try it next month when im able to donate to it.

Hello! The server has been online for over a month now. Many old players had the chance to revisit Ascalon, and lots of new players tried out this amazing server for the first time.

The server crashed a total of 5 times since launch. Three of those crashes were “normal” and were fixed right after they occurred. The other two were because the server went out of sync with the database, causing issues like players not being able to log in or save new stuff. Although this problem isn't fixed yet, we're collecting logs to figure out what's going wrong.

The server has quite limited content, especially for returning players who already knew what to do. There are also balance problems, and it seems like all spells need reviewing and adjustments. Newer spells should feel more powerful, and spell scaling should be improved.

The new client worked well overall, but there were some bugs due to it. We're still working on fixing bigger issues like players getting out of sync.

The server will continue to receive updates. Initially, I had a lot of time for the server's launch, but in the past two weeks, I returned to my job and also have other responsibilites. I've reached out to others to help with client improvements and creating new content for the server. Please keep reporting issues and feedback in our discord channel in the appropiate channels.
does you stepping away from evolunia, in part because of the community, also mean you will not further develop ascalon?
gl regardless <3