• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany][Custom] PhiadariaSoft - real RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the first reason I am posting is.. I can't login right now.. my character list loads, but never actually able to get into game..

Second, I feel the biggest reason not a lot of people play this server is how un-user friendly it is to actually make an account... I can't get anyone I know to even start because they get annoyed by making an account..

Third, this server isn't a competitive server.. I don't think resetting will change much, this server is more or less to be played for the 'rpg' than the pvp.. if you fix the problem with how hard it is to actually make an account (or rather.. how confusing it is) we'd probably see more people online..

Hi,

thank you for the comment.
At first, we had some trouble with the ISP yesterday and a crash of the PhiadariaSoft Management Server which is further explained in a statement on the website.

Could you please explain further, there the actuall probem or the confusing part with the Account Creation is?
In my eyes it's very simple, as you just have to download the Installer from the Website, install the Game, start it and then you are already ready.

To make it even more clear, there is a Getting Started section available for a longer time which you can see in the brown menu bar at the top of the website, telling you exactly on what you have to do.
If there are some parts I could improve - please let me know. I will try to optimise it then.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

Last edited:
Trying this thing again...if anyone is new or nearly new feel free to tag along. More people is alwais a plus.

Hi,

thank you for the comment.
At first, we had some trouble with the ISP yesterday and a crash of the PhiadariaSoft Management Server which is further explained in a statement on the website.

Could you please explain further, there the actuall probem or the confusing part with the Account Creation is?
In my eyes it's very simple, as you just have to download the Installer from the Website, install the Game, start it and then you are already ready.

To make it even more clear, there is a Getting Started section available for a longer time which you can see in the brown menu bar at the top of the website, telling you exactly on what you have to do.
If there are some parts I could improve - please let me know. I will try to optimise it then.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

Well, for my experience, when I first went to play, I downloaded the client and while waiting for it to extract, and I made an account on the website... then when the client was done, I couldn't log in with that info..

It took me awhile to notice that the account I made on the website was for the forums I guess, and that I had to make an account in the little login screen thing..

Then when I did that, it gave me an account number (I couldn't pick my own) and I don't see where I can change it.. so I always have to go into my email to get the account number x.x

Also, I have had convinced a few people to download the custom client (after listening to their complaining), and when they went to log in, they apparently did the same thing I did as well.. expect they didn't keep trying to play, they just said 'forget it' and went to play League of legends or whatever else..

Most people won't be bothered to download a custom client at all.. and when you add on top of it a weird login system (for tibia), and a un-user friendly way to make an account.. a lot of people are just going to go away before they even started.

and yes, I do realize you typed up a very detailed getting started tutorial, and -if- people read it, they will get in. I am just stating that most people won't read it, or will just skim through it...

I know there is some debate about if you'd even want the people unwilling to read and etc.. but, I just feel you'd gain a lot more players if you made an account manager... or if the account you make on the website would be the same as logging into the server..

Too many steps drives the masses away.

I'm sad .. i'm really sad. Qaushinio here and I wasnt online for 2 months. I'm one of the highest chars on my main ingame and I litterly see no use in logging in. The only reason to login is to see the 1 time per day existing number of 1 player online.

If there is ONE player online I login and pump him up. But this didnt happen in a while and they left. 1 past 1 they left. I managed to get the server up to 5-7 people from time to time. and there is no use.

Lord, You are developing on the BY FAR best tibia server that is EVER going to be out. You finishd developments and with the NEW UPDATE this server is Deadly Sexy.

So take the suggestion of the fucking first guy who ever tampted to be Miggarapo on your server, Wipe it. I got no problem with that. AND THOSE GUYS SAYING NO DONT WIPE. They are NEVER online.

How can you compare this in any way to logics. You will break 5-6 peoples heart that login 1. in a year.

And heres the one and last statement I'm ever going to leave here if there is no wipe

you wont wipe? you wont get new players. Thats it. tibia will outgrow. You learned enought in developing but you didnt experience a good running server with more than 15 people.

Play the yellow card. Stun everything for 1 day. Think about it. Just brainstorm.

Pros : the CHANCE of a new and fresh playerpool. eve oldschoolers liek me would join. fresh new atmosphere.

Cons: You would loose a solid playerbase of 0 people online.

you got NOTHING to loose.

take the step and you will NOT regret it.

King regards, Your old friend... Dont let it end like this.!

Since I am also developing something in this kind I went to try it out and see if everything is as you said "best". Nor story or gameplay is interesting from my point of view. Map is made without caution and in hurry, Client have no option to play without music and everything looks like normal Tibia. Same gameplay system. You have tons of things to improve but you are on good way. I logged in and got really annoying music with not understandable speech. Then I had to say "start YOUR adventure" to NPC when it was about me. You have to work on many things , also player doesnt have any choice to make, just going with what you planned without anything to say. Thats exactly reverse thing I am thinking of.

Well, for my experience, when I first went to play, I downloaded the client and while waiting for it to extract, and I made an account on the website... then when the client was done, I couldn't log in with that info..

It took me awhile to notice that the account I made on the website was for the forums I guess, and that I had to make an account in the little login screen thing..

Then when I did that, it gave me an account number (I couldn't pick my own) and I don't see where I can change it.. so I always have to go into my email to get the account number x.x

Also, I have had convinced a few people to download the custom client (after listening to their complaining), and when they went to log in, they apparently did the same thing I did as well.. expect they didn't keep trying to play, they just said 'forget it' and went to play League of legends or whatever else..

Most people won't be bothered to download a custom client at all.. and when you add on top of it a weird login system (for tibia), and a un-user friendly way to make an account.. a lot of people are just going to go away before they even started.

and yes, I do realize you typed up a very detailed getting started tutorial, and -if- people read it, they will get in. I am just stating that most people won't read it, or will just skim through it...

I know there is some debate about if you'd even want the people unwilling to read and etc.. but, I just feel you'd gain a lot more players if you made an account manager... or if the account you make on the website would be the same as logging into the server..

Too many steps drives the masses away.

Thank you for the detailed answer. The reason for this 'complicated' way is that Phiadaria offers many custom features, stats and the sound system.
I had to design a way to get these details listed somewhere and using a website for that was no option.

I agree about the double creation on the Gamesuite and the website and this part will soon be changed. The accounts have then to be created of the Gamesuite and the Website will use the login data as well.
As with all the custom graphics and the custom system I have designed, I can't use a default client asit would simply crash. Last week I removed the .zip archive and added everything to a simple installer which will install all required files for the game.
After that you can simply start the shortcut (in case you created one) and start like mentioned in the Getting Started section.

About the gameplay: I guess you will have to like a true RPG server. The Game also offers PVP of course, but the main part is solving quests, looting items and tryting to solve all the riddles around.

If you have ideas for improving please let me know. But for security reasons and because of the huge additions to Tibia I have designed, a web based Account Management is not possible.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

- - - Updated - - -

Since I am also developing something in this kind I went to try it out and see if everything is as you said "best". Nor story or gameplay is interesting from my point of view. Map is made without caution and in hurry, Client have no option to play without music and everything looks like normal Tibia. Same gameplay system. You have tons of things to improve but you are on good way. I logged in and got really annoying music with not understandable speech. Then I had to say "start YOUR adventure" to NPC when it was about me. You have to work on many things , also player doesnt have any choice to make, just going with what you planned without anything to say. Thats exactly reverse thing I am thinking of.

Map:
Some areas might not look that cool right now, but they will receive a change

Music:
Settings -> Audio Player -> uncheck "Enable Audio Player" or scroll the scrollbar to the left side

Gameplay:
What do you mean exactly? On some ways there is still a limit to the client on what you can actually do. However, many random items, custom spells and a different vocation system with different classes you can chooce by your own. Characters are also fully customiseable over achieved skillpoints for each level

Tons of things to improve:
Can you give me some examples please?

Keywords:
Well, I can't do more than flagging keywords actually with a quote. Actually this should be very simple at all. But I will of course add 'begin my adventure' as well :)

Choices:
What do you mean? The story is going on when you actually start and you have something to do. Later on, you can make your own decision - for example if you join the Assassins or the Nomads (while the other side will become Hostile then) with a great variation of possibilities then. Also in later quests, you have several options on how to finish a quest.

You have to play the Game more then 10 minutes in order to get a better overview of it.
However, I won't blame you if you don't like it - everyone has his own oppinion of course :)

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

A few things:

'Everything looking like normal tibia'

This really isn't that bad, the map on here looks very nice, and is actually playable, not over done details that have no game play value, and also take hours to make when the player will see the location for less than 10 seconds in actual game play..

BUT, for what is mapped, is for the most part interactable while in town.. most of the chests in the houses that the npcs live in have items in them(useful ones), and also the npcs interact with you when you try to steal their stuff.

This is called 'interacting with the environment', and the thought put into what items can be placed in what chests and in what houses, leads to a more 'thoughtful' experience, and allows for greater actual game play value (should I start a fight with the npc to see what they got in their chests).. it makes things interesting...

If you meant about the sprites, sprite making takes hours on top of hours to get something that even looks somewhat good... this project (from what I know of..) is run by one person.. I'd rather have them work(spend their free time) on quests and story-lines, and actual content, than worry too much about improving the sprites, or worrying about over (senselessly) detailing parts of the map... PLUS revisions can be made at any time of the map to improve it/add detail, and sprites can be changed at later dates..

'Couldn't turn off the sound'

Client has an option to turn the music off, you just didn't look through all the options... which moves me on to my next point..

'Nor the story or gameplay is interesting from my point of view'

This game has a feel of a adventure game.. ie puzzle and riddle solving, like a point and click adventure game and text input adventure games...

Tibia has the ability to have these qualities, while most mmorpgs do not.. which is something that is unique to Tibia, and is something that us as an OT community should look to feature in our game play.

Exhausting all available options to figure out a puzzle or a riddle is something fun (for me at least), and makes you feel the achievement of figuring something out on your own... everything doesn't have to correlate directly to gaining exp or items on Tibia, though solving these riddles/puzzles will result in gaining exp and items, just the methods to FIGURING OUT the puzzle doesn't always have to be from monster grinding.

If you were willing to actually try all options before going 'help me' you would have found that the music was able to be turned off...

Grammatical Errors/irregularities:

These will happen, and us (me and you) who are more proficient in English should point out these errors/over looks to help the overall project, and not point them out to make the Admin (Lord Hepipid) look bad.. Also his English (the voice audio) isn't that bad, but I guess that is up to interpretation, but I could understand him just fine...

'The player has no choice to make'

There is plenty to do as far as 'finding your own adventure' once you get into the actual game world.. and out of the tutorial area of the game... I think you judged a bit too quickly, but maybe there should be something done to make you feel like you jump into the game world faster, and your own adventure faster.. though, I found the tutorial room informative (for interacting with npcs), and it is easily skippable.. Not 100% sure what to say here..

All of us here just want to see good OTs made, and OTs with original content made, and Lord Hepipud is trying to do just that, and if you feel there are better ways things can be done, or just have a different perspective on things, do go ahead and tell.. it's what makes a community a good place for feed back..

But just coming around to flood people with negativity, and no actual workable feedback, is very counterproductive, but it is something I guess that should be expected to be seen on the net.. but it isn't great for a community..

I'm sure many people would love to give feedback but for that you need people actually playing on the server , yeah there might be like 1-4 people on around times but that's about it. I know at least 10+ people and half of those are old players who would all vote for a reset and play again but as it seems the chances of that happen are very very slim, and since there's no reset there won't be a huge increase in players, maybe like 1-2 people will try it out here and then but end up quitting because no one else really plays. If you got a reset and like at-least 15 people join and I'm sure they would all become friends, enjoy playing the server together, giving feedback on what they think should be changed etc....but the way it is right now is no one feels like playing because there is barley anyone else on and since most people think "oh no one is playing so I don't feel like playing either" it ends up being pretty much an empty server. My last piece of feedback for you is to to make a download just for the client and none of that game-suite software, most people hate downloading stuff like that, they even hate downloading things a simple as a custom client. Now don't get me wrong I have no problem with using game-suite, it's actually pretty cool but for other people I'm not sure if there're just scared of a virus, to lazy to download or whatever their reason is most people don't like downloading software the server uses, ALSO make it easier to make an account and let players choose thier own account number. It's way to much work and to confusing making you're account. I had a blast playing this when it first came out, I don't really have the spark/motivation to play again, maybe if my old friends played again but seeing as there most likely won't be a reset I don't think that'll happen so I'll probably not play this again, but for anyone who likes custom RPGs with really nice features should really give it a try. Good luck with your server Lord Hepipud, it's really a hidden gem among servers you just don't have the best advertising skills.

With todays server save, we have applied the already announced patch for items including several other issues which have been reported recently.

Item Patch:
We have performed a change on the level requirements of each category, offering the chance for lower levels to be able to wear items a little earlier.
The changes look as follows:

CategoryOld LevelNew Level
Enchanted126
Magic2716
Blessed6445
Ancient9480

Furthermore, we have reduced the required level for several rings and amulets to allow them to be weared even on Adara after a certein level is reached.

Monsters and Loot
With the patch we also changed several monsters to balance them even more.
For example the experience of Rotworms, Death, Templar Magicians, Lost Souls and other creatures have been increased as stronger creatures yielded more experience.
Furthermore, the creatures you will face around Malikanu, Dar'Saye and Oakvale have been adjusted in their chance to drop usefull items. Furthermore, we have added additional lootable items to some creatures which should offer a better start into the game and making it valuable to hunt certain monsters for a longer time to allow players to loot items with even better stats.

Wand Patch
With this update we have also changed the requirements of Wands and their effect. Wands will no longer require a level on which they can be used. Only the wisdom level is now required.
Furthermore, we have removed the buyable Clan Wands from all Magic Sellers inside the city and removed the first wand you receive once you talk to an Magic Trader.
As compensation, the Magic Traders will sell two new Holy Wands which are dealing better damage for additional mana cost. This was done because some creatures at the beginning have a resistance against some conditions (death for example) which will just make it hard without elemental break or clan bonus values. Therefor Holy is very good at the beginning which will change as soon as you joined a clan with some clan points. Then the elemental Wands would be the best choice.

The first Wand you can buy from the Clans will deal about the same base damage as the weakest Holy Wand you can buy. However, the mana cost for the clan wands is lowered by 2 points each shot which should make them more attractive and the stronger you get on the clan (with clan points and wisdom) the more damage you will deal with those wands.
Up to that, the best wand available will only consume 20 mana points per shot. You can now imagine how much mana each wand is using when Clan Wands start with 4 mana points which increases by 2 points for each better wand.

Bugfixes
We have addressed an issue with Lifedrain Melee from Monsters, which caused damage to be applied twice.
This effect caused Pirate Skeletons for example to one-hit some players.
Furthermore we have applied a patch which caused a slight problem with the counter for Monster / Npc kill quests.
It could happen that after you killed a quest Monster or an quest Npc, the Counter said Killed 0 of 2 .... This issue is now fixed and the counter should work normally again.

Futher Improvements which will be applied soon
We are already working on the next part of the Story, which should be done at the end of June allowing you to obtain another Book Page.
Furthermore, we will add 4 new random attributes with the next update all new items can obtain:

+x% of damage to health: This will (like the spell 'Revenge' for Archers) calculate the percent value from all dealt damage and add it to your current health (like healing)
+x% of damage to mana: Same as above, but will add mana instead of health
+x to healing potions: This value will increase the healing amount of all potions which add health
+x to mana potions: Same as above, but applies to mana potions instead

Up to that, we are aware that some Monsters / Bosses do not own a corpse. Either because they are pure elemental creatures (Slimes, Water Elementals) or simply because their body turns into a teleporter.
With the next update, this will change as well. Instead of no loot, the items will be added around the 'corpse' in case there is space enough. Therefor you can hunt even nasty Boss Monsters with a teleporter corpse and get good loot from them. Also hunting Slimes or Water Elementals will become handy, as they will then drop loot which will help you in your fight against all the evil around.

With the next update, there will also be 2 new party spells available:

Mercenaries:
Iron Shield: This spell will increase the effect of the shield against creatures. For each spell stage, you will receive +4 to shielding as well as +1 attack you can block the same time (without the spell it's 2). In case you are surrounded by 3 creatures dealing 3 attacks per round, you will be able to block all attacks with your shield on stage 1. If 4 creatures are around you, you will only be able to block 3 attacks at once on stage 1 and the last attack will pass the shield. On stage 2 of the spell, you could block that one as well.

Archers:
Iron Skin: This spell will increase the resistance against Physical Damage by a value of 5% for each spell stage for a certain time, which allws you to be able to block even harder creatures with lots of melee damage.

We will keep you informed about further changes soon and wish you alot of fun while playing!

Your
PhiadariaSoft Team

Another patch has been applied today, which will change some minor parts of the game. Also, the update is pretty close as well!

I would like to thank everyone supporting me on this board - I really appreciate it! Of course I will try to advertise the server even more. I'm already about on writing a better intoduction as well as a new video, showing even more of the features which have been implemented.

Further changes are on it's way - so stay tuned!

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

you aere what? level 10?

its the best open tibia server. I am known in every single rpg server and this is by far the best.

PLAYERS HAVE NO CHOICE TO MAKE? get out of the tutorial PLEASE

This is a realy good and greate RPG server! I realy like it. Manye players I have been talking to say: "We need more players or else I dont play." I say: "If onones play there will not be more players."

So comon players! Try it out until you get your Vocation, If you would like an vocation. (Some players play without).
Im nearly always online.
Every one is friendly and talks alot in gamechat/Msg.

It's realy fun server.

Novus. /Miss Celine.

On July 1st we will launch another update which will adjust the game even more and also offering new spells and challenges.

So far the changelog conains of these items:
* Scorpions are now weaker
* Fixed several mapping bugs
* Lowered strength of Enlightened of the Cult
* Lowered strength of Larvas
* Lowered strength of Scorpions
* Lowered strength of Frost Golems
* Lowered strength of Elder Beholders
* Reduced requirements for Soldier Helmet from level 19 to level 8 and added 3 static bonus values
* Added new random bonus "+x damage to health"
* Added new random bonus "+x damage to mana"
* Added new random bonus "+x to health potions"
* Added new random bonus "+x to mana potions"
* Moveable blocking items will no longer get deleted in case of beeing in a creatures move path, but trashed
* If items become trashed, they will drop all items inside around the ground
* Creatures without corpses will now drop loot around their "body" instead of looting nothing
* Creatures will no longer walk outside the action range of their targets while performing random movements
* Reduced defence values of Hunters
* Reduced strength of Smugglers
* Added new learnable skill 'viscerate' which will allow to enviscerate creatures with an obsidian knife to get hearts, claws or other items
* Lowered requirements for all weapons and equipment
* Health / Mana Gain bonus will always be applied every second by 50% if you did not eat anything
* You will no longer be able to use Forgiveness Runes on Nomads / Assassins in case you joined the other faction
* Added the missing teleport stones for the Mercenary Clan, the Nomad Camp and the Assassin Camp
* Added new Mercenary Spell 'Iron Shield' which will increase the shielding skill as well as the number of attacks you can block at the same time
* Added new Archer Spell 'Iron Skin' which will increase the defence value against physical damage for a certain time

Join now and be ready for the update!

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

Today we have launched the Game-Update for Phiadaria - Rise of the Ancestors.

The changes can be viewed on the Changelog and are mentioned with the latest news:

With todays server save, we have applied the Game update we have been working on the last weeks which will provide several minor changes as well as improvements and plenty of bugfixes.

The most important bugfix applies to Mercenaries, as with dual weapon attack and the Tripple Weapon spell, they always ignored the defense of creatures which made them way to overpowered - this issue is now fixed.
In order to this bugfix, we will of course take a look on creature defense values again and lower them in case higher levels are not dealing any damage even when they should.

On the other hands, Archers received a slight improvement for their attacks.
While using distance weapons, they will now break the enemies shield by 50%, while the armor only applies to 75%. Up to that, Archers will also profit from the new defense values creatures will receive after several tests.

Please report every monster which looks to strong now while you are using the dual weapon skill or even the tripple weapon style on the forum.

Including above mentioned changes for vocations, we have also added the spells 'Iron Skin' which will increase the physical defense value by 5% for each spell stage and 'Iron Shield' which will increase the number of attacks you can block at the same time as well as your shielding skill by 4 points for each level.

Furthermore, if mercenaries use the spell 'Tripple Weapon' now, the used weapon in the ammunition slot will now apply it's stats to your character.
Including with all these changes for Mercenaries and Archers and their new spells, we have also decided that 2.500 gold for a single Soul Potion is simply to high. Therefor we reduced the price to 550 gold each.

For those of you who enjoy skinning creatures we have added another learnable skill: viscerate
This skill will allow you to enviscerate creatures with your Obsidian Knife to gather claws, eyes, horns, teeth, and so on from creatures by random.

Another minor change is the item patch.
We have taken a detailed look in recent reports about items beeing set with too high requirements and that lower levels are sometimes not able to wear those items because the default level is not yet reached.
This part now changed with the update, as we have taken a closer look to the items and reduced the requirements of most items by 50% and even more for other items.
The new requirement restriction should now offer a better chance to obtain equipment and weapons earlier, while the intended target to prevent lower levels to wear the best equipment at the beginning still applies.

Of course we have applied many other changes and improvements which can be read at our Changelog.

The next large update is already planed and will be launched around the middle of July.
This time the focus will be the story of Phiadaria as well as the map, to improve older areas and to expand some other parts.

Stay tuned fur update teasers and notifications!

Your
PhiadariaSoft Team

Up to that, a patch for the Gamesuite was launched yesterday which will now allow newer players to choose their account number while creating a new account by their own.

Enjoy the Game and start right now - this patch improved many parts of the Gameplay and is worth a try!

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

Thanks to the new systems and such I have to buy my vocation, spells etc. again.
I hope I can get a bit of help since I have no clue how high my skills were and now I have no more SP to buy spells etc nor the money to reset again -_-

It will not allow me to create character. I type a name in and the create character button does nothing. Running on Windows 8 64 bit.

When ever i type 3 letters it says you need 4 letters but no matter what i put for a char name nothing works.

Last edited:
@fellesh: The installer is that large due to the audio files that are directly installed with the game.

@Sorelio: The forced character reset was a long time ago - around January I guess. I'm glad you made your way back :)

@Everlast: You are not receiving any error message? What happens when you click on the button? Actually there should be atleast a message returning of something went wrong. I will take a look on that just to make sure.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

Lord i sent you an email so you can make me my character. The only error i was getting was that the settings were not saving or could not load due to another gamessuite being open somewhere else. I think i fixed it by forcing it to run in Windows xp mode but still unable to create character. If i Enter a name like eve than it says you need 4 letter name. But if i enter Everlast the create character button does nothing.

@Everlast: I have created your character now

A new Gamesuite is already in progress which will fix those errors, as the entire core will be re-written with the latest PhiadariaSoft NetworkProtocol and Event Handling.

~~~~Lord Hepipud~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.