• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Gesior doesn't update MySQL

suicunei

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is one of my first threads, I'm brazillian and sorry for my bad english... Well, let's to the issue

About 4 days ago, I just downloaded Gesior 2012 for TFS 0.4 + directly from the official repository of Gesior.pl in GitHub. The website seems like very nice, now I'm trying to edit the gesior as I wished.

I saw that in the file install.php there is a code to check if Account Manager exists in dB, if don't, the installer woudn't be finished. I really want to remove this check code, and want that, when the installer create the sample players, it also execute some queries in the MySQL, to create the player_skills to the samples, because when I search for a character in the gesior, I get an error[1].

Error[1]
iymp10.jpg

Here is my install.php -> https://hastebin.com/uxatalowix.xml

Obs.: If you help me, please say what have you changed in the php script!

Thanks

The Account Manager check is on line 507. Sadly Gesior AAC uses the Account Manager to create the samples, it loads your Account Manager to set values for your samples

My advice is to create Account Manager manually. If you want to remove Account Manager you might need to edit install.php too so it doesnt use the manager to set samples values!

I cant see your second error image.

Last edited:
The Account Manager check is on line 507. Sadly Gesior AAC uses the Account Manager to create the samples, it loads your Account Manager to set values for your samples

My advice is to create Account Manager manually. If you want to remove Account Manager you might need to edit install.php too so it doesnt use the manager to set samples values!

I cant see your second error image.

I got only one error, about the skills. The installer isn't creating the player_skills of the samples, therefore, none player that is created gets the player_skills.

Can't you help with this error or even the Acc Manager?

please help...

bump

Login to your phpmyadmin, select the database you got the server on, select the player table and then edit.
Now scroll down to the skills, they are all probbly 0, set them to 10 and then re-do the install.

As @Raggaer said, Gesior uses the acc manager to create the sample chars (that IMO is great), but if the acc manager isn't set 100% you can't create the samples, hence the error you are getting.

Login to your phpmyadmin, select the database you got the server on, select the player table and then edit.
Now scroll down to the skills, they are all probbly 0, set them to 10 and then re-do the install.

As @Raggaer said, Gesior uses the acc manager to create the sample chars (that IMO is great), but if the acc manager isn't set 100% you can't create the samples, hence the error you are getting.

Finally someone answered... But if I use website, that was supposed to do not use acc manager.. don't you know how to remove this part? Just to create the samples...

Wasn't Gesior acc function to edit player_skills?

Finally someone answered... But if I use website, that was supposed to do not use acc manager.. don't you know how to remove this part? Just to create the samples...

So you don't want the ability to create chars via the website?
You could do it "nicer" via Lua insted of copying characters from your characters if you wanna use an ingame acc manager.

It is, but see it as this.. you show the website a paper, it has 4 corners, see them as the skill values.
Now the website will use that to create 4 new papers (it will copy the corners(skills)), this is how the samples are created.

Then the website uses one of the papers(depending on vocation) to copy another one, that one is gonna be the player itself.
This way the samples are always the same and you can just login to the samples to give them starter EQ, other skills, lvls etc

This way the samples are always the same and you can just login to the samples to give them starter EQ, other skills, lvls etc

I didn't try this "login to give the starter skills

I have the gesior 0.3.8, and the code to add the samples in database is:

[0.3.8]
PHP:
if($step == '4') {
        echo '<h1>STEP '.$step.'</h1>Add samples to DB:<br>';
        $check_news_ticker = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM z_news_tickers WHERE image_id = 1 AND author = 1 AND hide_ticker = 0 LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_news_ticker['author'])) {
            $SQL->query('INSERT INTO z_news_tickers (date, author, image_id, text, hide_ticker) VALUES ('.time().', 1, 0, "Gesior editado e funcional!", 0)');
            echo "Added first news ticker.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "News ticker sample is already in database. New sample is not needed.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_0 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Rook Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_0['name'])) {
            $SQL->query('INSERT INTO `players` (`id`, `name`, `world_id`, `group_id`, `account_id`, `level`, `vocation`, `health`, `healthmax`, `experience`, `lookbody`, `lookfeet`, `lookhead`, `looklegs`, `looktype`, `lookaddons`, `maglevel`, `mana`, `manamax`, `manaspent`, `soul`, `town_id`, `posx`, `posy`, `posz`, `conditions`, `cap`, `sex`, `lastlogin`, `lastip`, `save`, `skull`, `skulltime`, `rank_id`, `guildnick`, `lastlogout`, `blessings`, `balance`, `stamina`, `direction`, `loss_experience`, `loss_mana`, `loss_skills`, `loss_containers`, `loss_items`, `premend`, `online`, `marriage`, `promotion`, `deleted`, `description`, `created`, `nick_verify`, `old_name`, `hide_char`, `comment`) VALUES
            (NULL, "Rook Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 0, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Rook Sample' character.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Rook Sample' already in database.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_1 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Sorcerer Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_1['name'])) {
            $SQL->query('INSERT INTO `players` (`id`, `name`, `world_id`, `group_id`, `account_id`, `level`, `vocation`, `health`, `healthmax`, `experience`, `lookbody`, `lookfeet`, `lookhead`, `looklegs`, `looktype`, `lookaddons`, `maglevel`, `mana`, `manamax`, `manaspent`, `soul`, `town_id`, `posx`, `posy`, `posz`, `conditions`, `cap`, `sex`, `lastlogin`, `lastip`, `save`, `skull`, `skulltime`, `rank_id`, `guildnick`, `lastlogout`, `blessings`, `balance`, `stamina`, `direction`, `loss_experience`, `loss_mana`, `loss_skills`, `loss_containers`, `loss_items`, `premend`, `online`, `marriage`, `promotion`, `deleted`, `description`, `created`, `nick_verify`, `old_name`, `hide_char`, `comment`) VALUES
            (NULL, "Sorcerer Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 1, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Sorcerer Sample' character.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Sorcerer Sample' already in database.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_2 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Druid Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_2['name'])) {
            (NULL, "Druid Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 2, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Druid Sample' character.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Druid Sample' already in database.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_3 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Paladin Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_3['name'])) {
            (NULL, "Paladin Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 3, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Paladin Sample' character.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Paladin Sample' already in database.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_4 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Knight Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_4['name'])) {
            (NULL, "Knight Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 4, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Knight Sample' character.<br/>";
            echo 'All samples added to database. Now you can go to <a href="install.php?page=step&step=5&server_conf=yes">STEP 5 - Set Admin Account</a>';
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Knight Sample' already in database.<br/>";
            $config['site']['install'] = 5;
            saveconfig_ini($config['site']);
            echo 'All samples added to database. Now you can go to <a href="install.php?page=step&step=5&server_conf=yes">STEP 5 - Set Admin Account</a><br/>';

And the code the Gesior 2012 uses to the samples:

[2012]
PHP:
elseif($step == 4)
    {

$samplePlayers = array();
        $samplePlayers[0] = 'Rook Sample';
        $samplePlayers[1] = 'Sorcerer Sample';
        $samplePlayers[2] = 'Druid Sample';
        $samplePlayers[3] = 'Paladin Sample';
        $samplePlayers[4] = 'Knight Sample';
        $newPlayer = new Player('Account Manager', Player::LOADTYPE_NAME);
        if($newPlayer->isLoaded())
        {
            foreach($samplePlayers as $vocationID => $name)
            {
                $samplePlayer = new Player($name, Player::LOADTYPE_NAME);
                if(!$samplePlayer->isLoaded())
                {
                    $samplePlayer = new Player('Account Manager', Player::LOADTYPE_NAME);
                    $samplePlayer->setID(null); // save as new player, not edited
                    $samplePlayer->setName($name);
                    $samplePlayer->setVocation($vocationID);
                    $samplePlayer->setGroupID(1);
                    $samplePlayer->setLookType(128);
                    $samplePlayer->save();
                    echo '<span style="color:green">Added sample character: </span><span style="color:green;font-weight:bold">' . $name . '</span><br/>';
                }
                else
                    echo 'Sample character: <span style="font-weight:bold">' . $name . '</span> already exist in database<br/>';
            }
        }
        else
            new Error_Critic('', 'Character <i>Account Manager</i> does not exist. Cannot install sample characters!');
    }

The 2012 vesion is much better, but needs the acc manager haha

I didn't try this "login to give the starter skills

I have the gesior 0.3.8, and the code to add the samples in database is:

[0.3.8]
PHP:
if($step == '4') {
        $check_news_ticker = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM z_news_tickers WHERE image_id = 1 AND author = 1 AND hide_ticker = 0 LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_news_ticker['author'])) {
            $SQL->query('INSERT INTO z_news_tickers (date, author, image_id, text, hide_ticker) VALUES ('.time().', 1, 0, "Gesior editado e funcional!", 0)');
            echo "Added first news ticker.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "News ticker sample is already in database. New sample is not needed.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_0 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Rook Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_0['name'])) {
            (NULL, "Rook Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 0, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Rook Sample' character.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Rook Sample' already in database.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_1 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Sorcerer Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_1['name'])) {
            (NULL, "Sorcerer Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 1, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Sorcerer Sample' character.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Sorcerer Sample' already in database.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_2 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Druid Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_2['name'])) {
            (NULL, "Druid Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 2, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Druid Sample' character.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Druid Sample' already in database.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_3 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Paladin Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_3['name'])) {
            (NULL, "Paladin Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 3, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Paladin Sample' character.<br/>";
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Paladin Sample' already in database.<br/>";
        }
        $check_voc_4 = $SQL->query('SELECT * FROM players WHERE name = "Knight Sample" LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0')->fetch();
        if(!isset($check_voc_4['name'])) {
            (NULL, "Knight Sample", 0, 1, 1, 8, 4, 150, 150, 4200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 110, 0, 4, 150, 150, 0, 100, 1, 10160, 10054, 7, "", 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, 0, 201660000, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", 1451531599, 0, "", 0, "")');
            echo "Added 'Knight Sample' character.<br/>";
            echo 'All samples added to database. Now you can go to <a href="install.php?page=step&step=5&server_conf=yes">STEP 5 - Set Admin Account</a>';
        } else {
            echo "Character 'Knight Sample' already in database.<br/>";
            $config['site']['install'] = 5;
            saveconfig_ini($config['site']);
            echo 'All samples added to database. Now you can go to <a href="install.php?page=step&step=5&server_conf=yes">STEP 5 - Set Admin Account</a><br/>';

And the code the Gesior 2012 uses to the samples:

[2012]
PHP:
elseif($step == 4)
    {

$samplePlayers = array();
        $samplePlayers[0] = 'Rook Sample';
        $samplePlayers[1] = 'Sorcerer Sample';
        $samplePlayers[2] = 'Druid Sample';
        $samplePlayers[3] = 'Paladin Sample';
        $samplePlayers[4] = 'Knight Sample';
        $newPlayer = new Player('Account Manager', Player::LOADTYPE_NAME);
        if($newPlayer->isLoaded())
        {
            foreach($samplePlayers as $vocationID => $name)
            {
                $samplePlayer = new Player($name, Player::LOADTYPE_NAME);
                if(!$samplePlayer->isLoaded())
                {
                    $samplePlayer = new Player('Account Manager', Player::LOADTYPE_NAME);
                    $samplePlayer->setID(null); // save as new player, not edited
                    $samplePlayer->setName($name);
                    $samplePlayer->setVocation($vocationID);
                    $samplePlayer->setGroupID(1);
                    $samplePlayer->setLookType(128);
                    $samplePlayer->save();
                    echo '<span style="color:green">Added sample character: </span><span style="color:green;font-weight:bold">' . $name . '</span><br/>';
                }
                else
                    echo 'Sample character: <span style="font-weight:bold">' . $name . '</span> already exist in database<br/>';
            }
        }
        else
            new Error_Critic('', 'Character <i>Account Manager</i> does not exist. Cannot install sample characters!');
    }

The 2012 vesion is much better, but needs the acc manager haha

Might be your translator or im not understanding you, Gesior 2012 has an account manager, that is what it is?
The only "major" things that 2012 is missing compared to the older ones is the news system (you create a forum post now) and the reason for that is because the old versions had major security issues with this.

Players can still create accounts / characters and edit them.

About the login to give skills, you need to set your account manager "player" skills first, run the install script that will create the sample chars then you are done.
Just create a new character, select a vocation and it will auto set the skills, position etc

I think you dont really understand how Gesior works...

Gesior needs Account Manager to work. If you want to remove Account Manager first make it so samples arent based on Account Manager and then you will be good to go. Having Account Manager does nothing bad to your server. Your skill error must be related to the Account Manager player skills (if it even exists)

Might be your translator or im not understanding you, Gesior 2012 has an account manager, that is what it is?
The only "major" things that 2012 is missing compared to the older ones is the news system (you create a forum post now) and the reason for that is because the old versions had major security issues with this.

Players can still create accounts / characters and edit them.

About the login to give skills, you need to set your account manager "player" skills first, run the install script that will create the sample chars then you are done.
Just create a new character, select a vocation and it will auto set the skills, position etc

sorry, it's not translator hahaha
this is the problem, the acc manager has the skills in database, but when I run the install, the samples are created but the sample skills aren't created got it?
I tried to login with the sample to see if the skills are created after that, but don't, and when I create a character, i get the same problem, the skills aren't set.

I think you dont really understand how Gesior works...

Gesior needs Account Manager to work. If you want to remove Account Manager first make it so samples arent based on Account Manager and then you will be good to go. Having Account Manager does nothing bad to your server. Your skill error must be related to the Account Manager player skills (if it even exists)

that's what I want, I want to make to the samples aren't base on acc manager, therefore the samples are created without the requirement of acc manager...
the skills of acc manager exists, but when the samples are created, they don't get the skills, even after login with them

sorry, it's not translator hahaha
this is the problem, the acc manager has the skills in database, but when I run the install, the samples are created but the sample skills aren't created got it?
I tried to login with the sample to see if the skills are created after that, but don't, and when I create a character, i get the same problem, the skills aren't set.

that's what I want, I want to make to the samples aren't base on acc manager, therefore the samples are created without the requirement of acc manager...
the skills of acc manager exists, but when the samples are created, they don't get the skills, even after login with them

Okay well in that case do the same thing I said above but go into the sample chars, set the skills manually there and now create a new char via the website.
They should be copied otherwise you got a bug in your gesior version :p

Okay well in that case do the same thing I said above but go into the sample chars, set the skills manually there and now create a new char via the website.
They should be copied otherwise you got a bug in your gesior version :p
should i report this in gesior repository?

should i report this in gesior repository?

Well seeing as there havn't been any new commits this must be that you are using a version that isn't the 2012 version OR... the TFS database schema where the account manager dosn't have a skill values.
So try to update the sample chars and then create a new one, if that dosn't work try to reinstall everything before creating an issue.

Back