• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Graphical Spell creator

Would be nice if you made it read the dat/spr for the effects :p Great looking program, I am working on something similar at the moment. Not quite the same though.

Also please make sure it supports all parameters and functionality of TFS spell system :D or you can release it open source and we could progress that for you! <3

Last edited:
I already have a real tibia spellpack made by me, and it's 99.9% accurate to the real tibia spells, and the damage increases just as little as it does on real tibia when leveling up. All that counts is the magic lvl mostly.

However I like your project, it could be used for evolution maps and custom servers

Would be nice if you made it read the dat/spr for the effects :p
Currently I think about parsing the effects out to a seperate file (sprites.spr or so) to severely reduce file size and severely increase compability for future and previous versions.
However, currently I just use manually parsed .gif files - which makes it easy to edit and add custom spells to it.

Still not sure if I should parse the dat/spr file run-time. Corrupted spr files (which are a trouble at RME for example), support for all spr file versions should be added, etc etc.
If you have a great reason to parse the original dat/spr files run-time, tell me and I'll reconsider.

I am working on something similar at the moment. Not quite the same though.
Sounds very logic.

Also please make sure it supports all parameters and functionality of TFS spell system :D or you can release it open source and we could progress that for you! <3
I strive for maximum abilities, yet it's very likely that the code will be open source (even though it's not written that greatly, imo).

Does it take the vocations from vocations.xml or is it by id(sorc1,druid2 etc)?
You can just add/edit custom vocations to the resources.xml file if you want. It's easiest and most globally compatible to do it this way.

Sounds good, open source always good =P

Werk je er elke dag aan?
Het ziet er goed uit vooral omdat je die gifs erbij zet is het overzichtelijk. Goed gedaan man!

Werk je er elke dag aan?

No.

I7xjV.png

So. Long.

It gets a huge mess at the moment.

Currently I think about parsing the effects out to a seperate file (sprites.spr or so) to severely reduce file size and severely increase compability for future and previous versions.
However, currently I just use manually parsed .gif files - which makes it easy to edit and add custom spells to it.

Generally if you have custom sprites you have a custom dat/spr file, so it would be faster to make the effects by adding the dat/spr files into the system rather then creating the image files

Still not sure if I should parse the dat/spr file run-time. Corrupted spr files (which are a trouble at RME for example), support for all spr file versions should be added, etc etc.
If you have a great reason to parse the original dat/spr files run-time, tell me and I'll reconsider.

I wouldn't worry about that, if you are using an XML file for the dat signatures for different versions (much like TIbiaEditor source) its not a big deal.

Sounds very logic.

You making fun of my backwards logic? lol

I strive for maximum abilities, yet it's very likely that the code will be open source (even though it's not written that greatly, imo).

That's cool, eh its not a big deal if its not written that greatly, still a great contribution to OpenTibia :D

So yea the main reason I would like it as dat/spr is because I have a custom client and I would not want to extract every single effect out of the dat/spr files and make them into image files. If it was able to read the structure of the dat file it would be very easy to render the effects for use of the program. I could offer my assistance for reading the dat/spr files, though no doubt you are searching the tp forums :D

Benis generally your custom
sprites would be misplaced within your spr.. Therefore it would be difficult to "locate" automatically?!

You are more likely to have the seperate effects you created individually anyway + the like 40 effects tibia has. So please do explain how it is much easier to read custom
sprites frOm a random position in the spr than to use manual files?

As do remember if you have custom
sprites you would most likely have them
Individually

Benis generally your custom
sprites would be misplaced within your spr.. Therefore it would be difficult to "locate" automatically?!

You are more likely to have the seperate effects you created individually anyway + the like 40 effects tibia has. So please do explain how it is much easier to read custom
sprites frOm a random position in the spr than to use manual files?

As do remember if you have custom
sprites you would most likely have them
Individually

You don't understand how the .dat file works. The dat file is used to reference the sprites and create the "objects" with sprites assigned to them, so if you have created your .dat and .spr files correctly (as I have done) there is no issue locating the sprites from the .spr file using the .dat reference.

If you are using images for the program it is just creating a double dependency for you. Everytime you add a new effect to your client, you then have to import the images to the spell editor, which is silly if you have the data within the dat/spr files (so you just copy that version of the spr and dat over).

Generally if you have custom sprites you have a custom dat/spr file, so it would be faster to make the effects by adding the dat/spr files into the system rather then creating the image files

I see.
It's mainly that I have no experience at all with custom sprites myself, so that's why.

I'll try to add it, seems a lot easier then parsing them manually anyway.

Nothing too special, mainly little technical changes and trying to find a way to parse sprites automatically from tibia files (where I have some trouble at).

I see.
It's mainly that I have no experience at all with custom sprites myself, so that's why.

I'll try to add it, seems a lot easier then parsing them manually anyway.

If you are having troubles add me on Skype and I could offer my assistance (PM'd you).

Would be fucking awesome if we would have a FULLY working spell creator!

Good Luck and tell me when its done! ;)

Thanks to Benis I'm now able to read everything from .spr and .dat files.

It's not really done yet, but the following things have been parsed from the .dat and .spr files.

FuuNF.png
tvL9o.png

Last edited:
Back